F350 5th wheel towing

I do. Just ordered mine today put some $ down will see it when it gets made. I have some questions about the set up. I am keeping my Reese 16K sliding 5th wheel. Will I be able to get the bars and other parts for the truck bed or should I just start over and get a new sliding 5th wheel. The dealer said I could keep my 5th wheel on the trade in just leave the bars in the bed. It was a Chevy 3500 2015. So the bars won't work.

I plan to tow my 5th wheel camper its 11,300 empty and up to 14,000 loaded. Had no problems with my old 3500 Chevy Duramax but I got bored of it. I will also tow my skid loader trailer with pintle hitch from time to time.

and yes Keeping the Raptor ( it does not tow very well unless you have a very small and light trailer)

So when I get things going and find answers I will post pictures .

Looking to use this in the Tremor 16K sliding need to get the bed rails/bars for the Ford
IMG_4381.jpeg
IMG_4379.jpeg
IMG_4381.jpegIMG_4379.jpegIMG_4381.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4382.jpeg
    IMG_4382.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 64
Update on my 5th wheel set up. I have the package from Ford. So they commonly call it the "puck " style
With the short bed , I needed a "sliding" 5th wheel. My old Reese is a universal that you drill 10 holes in the bed and several in the frame. I did not want to do that. Reese did not make a slider for the Puck system only a fixed unit for 8' ( long beds) HOWEVER CURT does. so here it is................. Q20 Head on a 24K slider with "puck" design. You just remove the pins and swing the 4 levers and lift it out. The unit is very heavy and probably should have help to pick it up. But when your not using the 5th wheel there is nothing in your truck bed. No bars in the way.

IMG_4816.jpeg
IMG_4817.jpeg
IMG_4819.jpeg
IMG_4818.jpeg

I am selling my Reese 5th wheel sliding hitch system with universal bars if anyone wants a deal on a nice hitch and does not have the factory provisions in the bed for the puck style

The pullrite and the Curt are both a great looking hitch. I new to towing and I might go with the auto slide just to be worry free and it seems more convenient.

Is your Tremor taller than your last truck ( 5 th wheel) ? I am concerned because my Tremor is taller and the bed seems deeper than my old Silverado. I think my 5th wheel camper my be less than level going down the road!
Curt recommends 5 1/2" of clearance between the top of bed ( bed rails ) and RV. I think it will raise it considerably .

I did notice the rear of the camper is higher so I don't think it would ever drag or hit the pavement but will the new higher level at the front change the towing?

I've been wondering the same thing......will have to do some measuring.
The Tremor is about 3" higher at the rear hitch "unloaded" than my 2015 F350 was.
Only way to really see will be when I hook up the 5th wheel.
But that will be awhile as it's -12C here right now (10F).
Dang winter won't go away!!

I've been wondering the same thing......will have to do some measuring.
The Tremor is about 3" higher at the rear hitch "unloaded" than my 2015 F350 was.
Only way to really see will be when I hook up the 5th wheel.
But that will be awhile as it's -12C here right now (10F).
Dang winter won't go away!!
We are warming up! I have a charger on the RV battery. Next day or so I will put the battery in and back up to it and see. My old 3500HD Silverado was a whimp next to the Tremor. I would guess more than 3" lower

I'm envious of your weather....I'm sick of winter.
Boy that must be a big change going from your 3500 to the Tremor with 6.7L
I know it was a massive change to go from my 2015 F350 (which i had deleted and was running a 210 HP tune) to the 2020 Tremor.
It still amazes me every time i drive it how quiet the cab is; and how responsive the go pedal is!!!!
Loving it!!!!

Back