F250 Yaw Sensor

Alopez1n

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250
I have a 2020 F250 with back up assist, but I was told I needed a yaw sensor since I did not get the 5th Wheel package. I have the sticker system (I didn’t find a Yaw sensor in my truck). What is the item number for this Yaw sensor and do I have to install a 7 point connection in the bed of the truck or just use the one in the rear if the truck?

Attachments

• BDF88B07-208C-4D5B-83CB-35E4E7F7495B.jpeg
    BDF88B07-208C-4D5B-83CB-35E4E7F7495B.jpeg
    495.9 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Are you referring to the pro trailer backup assist? You do not need a yaw sensor unless you have the fifth wheel prep. Sticker system is what you use without it.

The pro- trailer backup assist does have a mode for my Fifth Wheel. How do I use the stickers with a Fifth Wheel? I’m reading the manual and it only has instructions for a trailer. This is my first experience with a Fifth Wheel and I can’t back it up if my life depended on it. The dealership was no help at all.

I have a 2020 F250 with back up assist, but I was told I needed a yaw sensor since I did not get the 5th Wheel package. I have the sticker system (I didn’t find a Yaw sensor in my truck). What is the item number for this Yaw sensor and do I have to install a 7 point connection in the bed of the truck or just use the one in the rear if the truck?

I take it this is NOT the Pro Assist Plug that’s on the rear bumper? I’m so confused, the guy at the dealership is saying yes, but in reading more threads they say this is just the 7 and 4 way. I have the Pro Assist feature in the truck.

Attachments

• 563A3AEC-28AF-41F8-82C6-B33E7928EE76.jpeg
    563A3AEC-28AF-41F8-82C6-B33E7928EE76.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 71
Ok, if I understand correctly you are pulling a fifth wheel but didn't get the prep package from Ford so you didn't get the extra electrical connectors in the bed or the yaw sensor.

If you have a fifth wheel trailer you would typically use the bed connection and need the yaw sensor to use PTBA. Travel Trailer (or other "bumper pull" trailer) uses the bumper electrical connection and the PTBA stickers.

The electrical connectors don't really matter with regards to PTBA (pro trailer backup assist), however, so that shouldn't be an issue... just connect to whatever you have.

The yaw sensor is required, though.

LC3T-14G621-AD

Here is an auction for one:

Does that make sense?

That clears it up for me. When I installed the fifth wheel hitch they added a connection in the bed. to
connect my Fifth wheel. So now I have to add the plug that connects to the Yaw sensor underneath this one? This makes sense now. I’ll get the dealership to do this work and get this done. This site is extremely helpful. Thank you so much!
-Abel

Trailer Backup Assist Pro Kit Connector/Plug

I talked with Ford and went to a Ford dealer.
Both are a kind of surprised....

I will let the dealer fix issues "on warranty". I will not drive with a wire 'through' my open bed cover.
The correct round plug for the travel trailer has to be outside of the truck and not in the bed.

At the moment it sounds from both sides (Ford and dealer) that the fixing will be no issue.

Issue still NOT fixed.
Best part of this issue: I, the customer have to explain anybody from Ford or certified Ford dealer what the issue is.
When I showed the certified Ford dealers the "Trailer Sensor Installation Instruction", nobody knows what this is!!!
I have to explain the certified Ford dealers the original Ford parts.
When I got the new Tremor this part was at the backseat and the dealer didn't know what it is.

Now, the last dealer read the "Trailer Sensor Installation Instructions" and found out following from the Installation Instructions:
1674079053056.png

And this is the exact part which is missing at my Tremor:

1674079146149.png

And great that the Ford Part Number is in the instruction, BUT: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/7-12-pin-trailer-connector-socket.4280/

The dealer checked this part number and told me this part number is not valid anymore and there is no info about an replacement.

The whole Ford purchase process is a shame!

FYI:
I called with Ford Customer Service: 800-392-3673 and they gave a me a number from Ford Part: 844-589-0060 and from Green Sales Comp.: 800-543-4959 ( Green Sales Company, supplier of obsolete Ford parts)

just gotta get out there and keep backing it in, soon you'll be a pro. the back up assist is only gonna help you so much

also your gonna need the different plug with the 12 pin I believe it is connector on the bottom and not the flat 4 plug.

Yep, you need to make sure you purchase the kit, it comes with the yaw sensor, the swap out for the trailer plug-ins, and the cable that will attach from the sensor to the truck. I think it also comes with TPMS monitors for the trailer as well? You can’t just buy a yaw sensor.

There’s several kits like this one, they have TPMS, TPMS w/Yaw sensor, or TPMS, yaw sensor, and trailer back-up camera. You need to find the one you want/need. They will all come with the new plug to swap so you have all the right connections for your trailer and the pro-backup assist modules you purchased

I installed LC3Z-13A576-F which is the 12 pin connector for my bed. It does not come with the yaw sensor.

Here is a link where you can get it but I found mine on eBay for a few bucks less. I used a hole saw and then trimmed the rest with a jigsaw.

https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/oe...leetmaster-trailer-wiring-harness-lc3z13a576f

I installed it for TPMS/camera but ended up going a different route, unfortunately.

Unfortunately I didn't fully understand nor did I research this when I placed my MY22 F350 Limited order. What I ordered was the Pro Trailer Backup Assist, together with the Customer Placed Trailer Camera and 5th Wheel Prep. What I received in the box was the trailer camera, long cables, 7 pin over 12 pin plugs that go in the bumper (bed already has the 7pin over 12 pin), Yaw sensor, and more cables, and a 7pin to 4pin adapter.

Is it possible to purchase the TMPS module and TPMS wheel sensors separately ? P/N?

And I am assuming (probably incorrectly) that the cables I have already received will have the pig tail to hook up the TMPS module?

Unfortunately I didn't fully understand nor did I research this when I placed my MY22 F350 Limited order. What I ordered was the Pro Trailer Backup Assist, together with the Customer Placed Trailer Camera and 5th Wheel Prep. What I received in the box was the trailer camera, long cables, 7 pin over 12 pin plugs that go in the bumper (bed already has the 7pin over 12 pin), Yaw sensor, and more cables, and a 7pin to 4pin adapter.

Is it possible to purchase the TMPS module and TPMS wheel sensors separately ? P/N?

And I am assuming (probably incorrectly) that the cables I have already received will have the pig tail to hook up the TMPS module?
Maybe try calling these people. They have a variety of harnesses they may work. https://nicholsmanufacturingandweld...ols/products/trailer-tpms-module-tpms-sensors

They have kits depending on what you want to do. Sounds like you got what you need to have a yaw sensor, TPMS sensor, and camera, all route through to the new 12 pin plug. I ordered a TPMS only kit (dont’ recall the part number) for a bumper pull trailer I have. It took less than 30 min to set the sensor, run the cables, and replace the factory trailer plug with the new one in the kit. Took 5 min to place the checkered sticker and run the trailer calibration for backup assist. I took the wheels down to discount tire for them to mount the TPMS sensors. Works great. There’s many YouTube videos to show how to install all this stuff. It really is simple and straightforward. You just have to have the correct 12-pin cable for what you want to do. I would assume you have the correct one, and it should have 3 ends - one for TPMS, one for Yaw sensor, one for camera

I bought the Trailer Sensor Kit and when the Tremor arrive there was a package with plugs and wire at the backseat.
The dealer didn't know what it is.
This Trailer Sensor Kit is the right one, BUT the connector at the tail bumper at the Tremor is wrong!
The connector at the tail bumper has to be replaced and usually the dealer should to it but if he don't even know what the kit is, what shall you expect as a customer?

I just talked a few times with Ford Parts.
The "original" Part number from the Ford installation kit instructions is: 'HU5T-14A624-B' but not valid anymore an it seems it's an "engineer' number which a dealer can't find.
The 'best' number until now was 'HU5Z-14489-B' but when I checked the part an Parts.Ford.com 'https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/e...eeve-wiring-8294099-1?pdp=y#/collapseRelated3'
I recognize that this is the wrong part!
At the picture you can see it's oval and not round!

THIS is the correct 7/12-Pin Connector BUT this connector is in the bed and not outside!

1674162116697.png

The whole process is a shame! Me, the customer has to call number after number, visit Ford dealer after Ford dealer.
And NOBODY is able or willing to help.
The Ford dealer expect that I provide the dealer the correct part number or even bring the part with me.
Until now Ford Parts is not able to find the correct part and the will send it only if I pay for it even I payed already for it when I bought the car.
Ford Customer service gave me the number of Ford Part in order I can talk with them.
WHEN Ford Parts is able to find the correct part I have to call Ford Relations Ship in order to get the part without cost because it's a warranty case.
I am dealing now six weeks with this problem... 5-10 calls, 3 dealer visits.... until now.

I am not sure where in this whole process is any "Customer Service"....???

And this problem with the Ford Truck is the smallest problem I got with Ford....

I bought the Trailer Sensor Kit and when the Tremor arrive there was a package with plugs and wire at the backseat.
The dealer didn't know what it is.
This Trailer Sensor Kit is the right one, BUT the connector at the tail bumper at the Tremor is wrong!
The connector at the tail bumper has to be replaced and usually the dealer should to it but if he don't even know what the kit is, what shall you expect as a customer?

I just talked a few times with Ford Parts.
The "original" Part number from the Ford installation kit instructions is: 'HU5T-14A624-B' but not valid anymore an it seems it's an "engineer' number which a dealer can't find.
The 'best' number until now was 'HU5Z-14489-B' but when I checked the part an Parts.Ford.com 'https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/e...eeve-wiring-8294099-1?pdp=y#/collapseRelated3'
I recognize that this is the wrong part!
At the picture you can see it's oval and not round!

THIS is the correct 7/12-Pin Connector BUT this connector is in the bed and not outside!

View attachment 110068

The whole process is a shame! Me, the customer has to call number after number, visit Ford dealer after Ford dealer.
And NOBODY is able or willing to help.
The Ford dealer expect that I provide the dealer the correct part number or even bring the part with me.
Until now Ford Parts is not able to find the correct part and the will send it only if I pay for it even I payed already for it when I bought the car.
Ford Customer service gave me the number of Ford Part in order I can talk with them.
WHEN Ford Parts is able to find the correct part I have to call Ford Relations Ship in order to get the part without cost because it's a warranty case.
I am dealing now six weeks with this problem... 5-10 calls, 3 dealer visits.... until now.

I am not sure where in this whole process is any "Customer Service"....???

And this problem with the Ford Truck is the smallest problem I got with Ford....
Your link looks to be the proper part to me. Yes, the connector on the back is oval but the receptacle on the front is round for the 12-pin connector.

This is the plug for the back of the 12 pin.
1674163805260.png

1674163835659.png

1674163822793.png

The dealer doesn’t do it. The kits are customer focused and give you instructions that are very simple to read to switch the trailer plug. Only time I’ve seen a new trailer plug come from Ford was if you ordered the fifth wheel prep package. Then they do put the new plug in the bed, but you’ll still have to install one on the bumper if you want one there.

If you bought any of these kits, or if they came with your truck, the new trailer plug is in the kit. Don’t buy the part separate. You can’t just buy this plug, buy a sensor, and go. You need the cabling also. They have to communicate with the truck to work properly. Only bumper pull trailers that use a sticker can be backed up with the assist mode without having any other extra parts (unless you want TPMS, camera, etc, then you’re back to needing a kit and new plug - but this doesn’t apply here)

Back