F250 vs F350 Tremor Suspension

pkrexer

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 6.7L Tremor
So I'm a bit confused on the differences between the F250 tremor vs F350. From everything I've seen so far, the F250 has the same leaf springs, same axle, diff, etc.

Why would one get a f350? They seem to be the same truck.

Basically for the sticker in the door so you can legally handle the weight. There is no guarantee they will be identical in the future on a F250 build, but right now that seems to be the case...

Seems like the 350 is basically the same price, maybe $1k difference (on an $80k truck) why wouldn’t you opt for it? Not trying to make light of a $1,000 but curious. Unless you’re looking at two identically optioned trucks side by side you likely won’t really see the price difference.

I have the 350. I believe the rear axle is different. Supposed to be a Dana. The center cap sticks way out.

I have the 350. I believe the rear axle is different. Supposed to be a Dana. The center cap sticks way out.
All Tremors seem to get the Dana M275. Diesel get 3:55 ratio and 7.3L gets 4:30 ratio regardless of 250 or 350.

I looked at both 250 and 350 and was originally thinking of a 250 but since same opted to get the 350. The higher stickers payload with same ride made me ask why 250? Short answer is state rules with licensing requirements (CDL) and registration costs can play in to selecting a 250 vs 350. If hauling a goose or 5er the extra legal payload of the 350 make sense even if no physical difference between the two.

Pretty sure the 350 isn't just a payload sticker. If it was that simple they'd only make 250s and offer different payload packages/stickers. Pretty sure the 350 higher payload is because it's physically different than the 250 but I'm not exactly clear on what that difference is.

this claims to explain the difference

"But in general, the F350 wins here. This is because it has a 4″ rear block, which is 1.5″ more than the F250. The suspension is also made specifically for towing; it boasts a reinforced midsection and a tighter rear spring than the F250. "

this claims to explain the difference

"But in general, the F350 wins here. This is because it has a 4″ rear block, which is 1.5″ more than the F250. The suspension is also made specifically for towing; it boasts a reinforced midsection and a tighter rear spring than the F250. "

This has been covered on quite a few threads but with the Tremor there appears to be no difference between the 250 and 350 rear suspension and axle wise. The F250 recives the upgraded Dana M275 axle and same part number on rear springs https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/f350-vs-f250-rear-springs.918/. If looking at non Tremors there can be a substantial difference between a 250 vs 350 depending on how they are optioned.

Do the 350s have hydro boost brakes or just vacuum?
Vacuum on Tremors, I am pretty sure hydro boots doesn’t come in to play until over 11500 GVWR (certain long box models).

That makes no sense. I refuse to believe that Ford is putting two identical trucks through the assembly line and then only changing the badges and charging $1,000 more depending on the first numeral.

There's got to be something else differentiating the two series other than just the leaf springs and rear axle.

That makes no sense. I refuse to believe that Ford is putting two identical trucks through the assembly line and then only changing the badges and charging $1,000 more depending on the first numeral.

There's got to be something else differentiating the two series other than just the leaf springs and rear axle.
The F350 keeps your salami fresher.

:D

Seriously, I do think that the two nearly identical trucks are offered for capacity reasons, and some folks have different state registration and tax laws that make the F250 make more sense.

I got the F350 just because it was "the most" and there was no registration or tax impact for me where I live.

Ed

There is rumor that the F350 gets a extra cross member on frame that may or may not come with the goose prep on the 250. I have not been able to confirm that one yet. Would love to get a side by side comparison of a 250 vs my 7.3L 350 Tremor to confirm that one.

Agree. Doesn't pass the sniff test.

If that were the case they'd just offer the tremor package on F250 only and have an option to upgrade to 11500 gvwr sticker for $$

I don't understand? Are 350 owners angry because their truck is not different or are they angry they paid an extra $500 dollars for additional numbers on a sticker?

It makes perfect sense to me. The Tremor package(which costs $4k) gets upgraded rear and springs to create a real off road machine. The 350 had these standard so the upgrade does not need to happen. Oh I see, since there is less of an upgrade the 350 should get a discounted tremor price....

I don't understand? Are 350 owners angry because their truck is not different or are they angry they paid an extra $500 dollars for additional numbers on a sticker?

It makes perfect sense to me. The Tremor package(which costs $4k) gets upgraded rear and springs to create a real off road machine. The 350 had these standard so the upgrade does not need to happen. Oh I see, since there is less of an upgrade the 350 should get a discounted tremor price....
I'm not angry at all. I am compensating for something, and the wife said it worked! :cool:

Ed

Back