F250 Tremor ordered 11 weeks ago

Really depends on what packages you ordered. I had a basic Lariat, value package, sport appearance pkg, tremor (of course), 6.7 diesel, high capacity tow, and upfitter switches. According to my sales person, the more bells and whistles, the more that has to go on the "computer chip" and that seems to be part of the hold up. Mine took exactly 4 months (Dec 10th - April 4th). I know other packages and options slow the process. I was expecting 5-6 months, and was pleasantly surprised. Your best bet is to talk to your sales person, as long as he has been around awhile. My sales person told me to get off these forums if I wanted to save my sanity!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I didn't listen, I love looking at the builds and seeing what others have done. Cost money though!! :ROFLMAO:. Hang in there, it's worth the wait.

Really depends on what packages you ordered. I had a basic Lariat, value package, sport appearance pkg, tremor (of course), 6.7 diesel, high capacity tow, and upfitter switches. According to my sales person, the more bells and whistles, the more that has to go on the "computer chip" and that seems to be part of the hold up. Mine took exactly 4 months (Dec 10th - April 4th). I know other packages and options slow the process. I was expecting 5-6 months, and was pleasantly surprised. Your best bet is to talk to your sales person, as long as he has been around awhile. My sales person told me to get off these forums if I wanted to save my sanity!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I didn't listen, I love looking at the builds and seeing what others have done. Cost money though!! :ROFLMAO:. Hang in there, it's worth the wait.
Thanks for the input…kinda like you…I didn’t listen either….going to stick it out…getting to much of a good deal just to let it go vs the options I selected….blk out,tremor package, Ultimate lariat etc….did the 7.3 this time vs the 6.7 to see how that goes…..anyway…thanks again….I’ll stay on here and drop the other stuff I’ve been reading. I do have boots on the ground at the 250 factory but need my vin number for that to be effective.

Thanks for the input…kinda like you…I didn’t listen either….going to stick it out…getting to much of a good deal just to let it go vs the options I selected….blk out,tremor package, Ultimate lariat etc….did the 7.3 this time vs the 6.7 to see how that goes…..anyway…thanks again….I’ll stay on here and drop the other stuff I’ve been reading. I do have boots on the ground at the 250 factory but need my vin number for that to be effective.
I ordered the f250 Lariat ultimate and blackout pkg, winch, retractile toneau cover, upfitter switches, cab lights, in rapid red. My current 2000 F150 has 563,000 miles on it, and I can hardly wait for my new truck. I'm almost 12 weeks from the day I ordered it and at week 7 Ford sent me an email telling me my truck was delayed (no kidding!! LOL!) I'll just patiently wait and enjoy the posts :)

Wow!! 560K+ miles on your 150, that's awesome!!! I swear, if you take care of your stuff, it will take care of you. Hoping this F250 is my 500K-forever truck.

Original engine, transmission, starter, etc.. If my new F250 last as long as my current F150, I’ll be in my 80’s when I get it’s replacement 😁

Ordered 8/23/21
delivered 11/30/21
F250 Lariat Ultimate Pkg. Hard tonneau cover. No AS or bed liner.

Ordered 8/23/21
delivered 11/30/21
F250 Lariat Ultimate Pkg. Hard tonneau cover. No AS or bed liner.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I get mine by august

Those of you who think it only takes 7.5 weeks, or 2 months, or 65 days, or 3-4 months, blah blah blah... to get their truck have not spent any time on this forum. I ordered in November and got lucky to have my VIN sent just before May. Been delayed 4 times already since then and I'm smart enough to read the comments to realize I'm in common company with many of you and outliers should make sure their comments are contextual and informed. Jump over to the production thread on this forum and you will see what the masses are going through to wait for the vehicle they ordered. Some get lucky and, in more cases, the commodities/options cause problems.

Ordered 7-6-21, crickets since.

Running up on a year you should be talking to your dealer. Make sure that at the very least you are a priority code 10. I'd talk to the sales manager or general manager and request they contact your Ford zone rep and move you to priority code 01 preferably but at least 02.

02 puts you in queue for scheduling consideration, 01 will put you at the very front of the line next round of scheduling, barring any constraints.

Please give me some feedback on how long people have been waiting to get a VIN. I ordered my Tremor Feb 17. 11 weeks and counting
9.5 months

16 weeks and counting. Still no VIN 🙁

A friend of mine ordered an F450 Lariat in Oct. and is still waiting for a VIN. Timing is still far from predictable!

Last edited:
Those of you who think it only takes 7.5 weeks, or 2 months, or 65 days, or 3-4 months, blah blah blah... to get their truck have not spent any time on this forum. I ordered in November and got lucky to have my VIN sent just before May. Been delayed 4 times already since then and I'm smart enough to read the comments to realize I'm in common company with many of you and outliers should make sure their comments are contextual and informed. Jump over to the production thread on this forum and you will see what the masses are going through to wait for the vehicle they ordered. Some get lucky and, in more cases, the commodities/options cause problems.
It depends on what guys are ordering and having good timing with what parts are delayed at what time.

I ordered 3/4/22 and picked up 5/20/22. That’s 11 weeks (77 days) exactly, now I know that’s not the norm but the higher the trim level the longer it seems to take.

Ordered 1/5. Nothing. NADA

PCO expires in July so there goes another $2500

I ordered beginning of September 2021 and still no vin. Don’t feel like you’re being left out

Has anyone noticed whether Ford sends out VIN notifications on a particular day of the week or can a notification hit any day of the week?

Back