F250 or F350?

Hey fellas. Getting ready to order a Crew, Short bed, Lariat Ultimate, Tremor and could use some advise. I carry a 250 gallon sprayer that weights 350-400 lbs empty and tow a 7,500 lb trailer with 500-700 lb tongue weight. I'm leaning really hard towards a 350 with the 11,400 package but I've read it's the same spring pack as a 250 with the HD tow package. I'd like as heavy a spring pack as I can get as I'm likely to go to a larger tank in the future.

My apologies as I'm sure this has been covered, but I'm so tired of trying to figure out what's what and I just want to get this truck ordered.

Thanks guys.
Are you sure about that tongue weight? That would be less than 10%, which is very light.

I can second Elk Grove. Actually a high volume (always have allocation) and decently honest dealership. Worth the drive from Chico. Hoblit is pretty good as well.

There isn't all that much of a purchase price difference between the 250 versus the 350 is there?
I am in Norcal (Petaluma) and went with the 350. Went with the 350 over the 250 to get the better numbers for what you can legally do on the door, went with the 11,400 derate. Price difference was negligible between 250 and 350, since its pretty much the same truck would rather have the numbers and not need them then need them and not have them, also dont want that overweight ticket which will run you far more than any increase in registration ever will. CA registration was just over $900 for the second year although I swear it was less for the first year from the dealer, go figure.

After shopping quite a few dealers all over CA, ended up at Elk Grove and dealt with one of the owners Rachael. Got the best deal by far there. I did a special order as I wanted EXACTLY what I wanted and I could not be happier.
Howdy neighbor. ?

There isn't all that much of a purchase price difference between the 250 versus the 350 is there?
My 350 was $1,100 more at Folsom Lake Ford. Great people to buy from. Did the Costco deal.

When I initially compared the baseline F-250 SRW 4X4 10,000-lbs GVWR with the F-350 SRW 4x4 11,500-lbs GVWR, there is a difference in payload of 1500 pounds which is significant. Hence my decision to go with the F-350. Unfortunately there aren’t as many F-350's available with the Tremor package so I decided to order a 2022 year model as it is too late to submit an order for a 2021 model.

What was not apparent to me was the GVWR difference of the F-250 with the addition of the "Pro Trailer Backup Assist - High Capacity" option (not very descriptive), where the GVWR changes from 10,000 pounds to 10,800 pounds. This option is required with the Tremor package. This is a game changer for me as it significantly increases the GVWR from the baseline F-250, while reducing the overall payload difference between the F-250 and the F-350 with the Tremor package to 700 pounds. The only real differences between the F-250 and the F-350 now are the cost, and the number of vehicles that are available.

There are other options that I want that I can’t find on the lot for a 2021 year model so I getting ready to pull the trigger on an order for a 2022 F-250 Platinum Tremor.

I live near Dallas so, if anyone can provide a recommendation of a salesman that is ready to deal, please PM me his name.

Latest Discussions

Back