F-250 vs. F-350 Stock Tremor Suspension with 6.7

laxxmann7

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Paramilitary - CPD
Current Ride
Ram 1500
Hey everybody, new member here. I tried searching but it just tells me nothing pops up. My understanding is that the Tremor suspension is an entirely separate suspension from normal F-250/350s. Everything I've read states no differences between the two levels. Aside from numbers on paper as far as payload, is there actually any difference in an F-250 Tremor and an F-350 Tremor when both equipped the same? Is the F-350 any rougher of a ride? I know the difference in GVWR could affect registration costs, but typically an F-350 would have a higher re-sale value and the minor difference between the cost of both would make it a better investment to go with the F-350.

I don't know about the suspension vs other Fords. Its taller by 2" give or take with special shocks. I don't know if the shocks are any different between the 250 and 350.

I have the F350 6.7. It rides better than my old 2015 Chevy 3500 HD Duramax and that truck rode great! It has more power, more towing and more tech. Pretty much better in everything even fuel economy thanks to the 10 speed.

I often second guess my decision to get the 350 over the 250. When I had the Chevy it was a no brainer because I needed the towing capacity. With the Ford, I could probably got away with the 250. The cost between the 250 and 350 was not much, but the State of Wisconsin tags me pretty hard for the plate fees required on the F350.

Everything I see/read says its the 250 that is different. The 250 Tremor has a "350" leaf setup where a standard 250 does not? That is my limited understanding on it atleast.

If your going to get a 6.7 may as well go 350.

F250 and F350 Tremors have the same leaf/spring packs. I haven't been able to find a difference between the two other than that payload sticker.

The 350 rear differential has a slightly larger center section according to some of my research. Also a specific rated overload spring added to rear leaf pack.

Ford has a very specific sales guide that your salesman could email you it lists just about everything. When you are up and night and can't sleep you could study it and find more differences between the two. I don't think my discounted price for the 350 over the 250 was even $500.00. So at mid eighty thousand dollars I did not even think about going 250. Still I love the ride of my 350.

Hey everybody, new member here. I tried searching but it just tells me nothing pops up. My understanding is that the Tremor suspension is an entirely separate suspension from normal F-250/350s. Everything I've read states no differences between the two levels. Aside from numbers on paper as far as payload, is there actually any difference in an F-250 Tremor and an F-350 Tremor when both equipped the same? Is the F-350 any rougher of a ride? I know the difference in GVWR could affect registration costs, but typically an F-350 would have a higher re-sale value and the minor difference between the cost of both would make it a better investment to go with the F-350.

Here's a link to a good review and description between the 7.3 & the 6.7 engines/suspensions. It sounds like its more of a 7.3 vs 6.7 than a F -250 vs F -350 in some regards:

Good info @tom b Anyone know if this suspension system (or something similar) is available as a Ford/Mopar after market dealer install? I have a friend with an F250 still under warranty and is interested. Thanks!

Good info @tom b Anyone know if this suspension system (or something similar) is available as a Ford/Mopar after market dealer install? I have a friend with an F250 still under warranty and is interested. Thanks!
there are guys that put lift kits on their Tremors and are selling the old parts. Why not hook up with them and same some $$$

250 v 350 suspension rear axle is different.
250 Tremor v 350 base has the same suspension and rear axle.

The Tremor pack adds a stronger suspension and rear axle for rock climbing.
This info comes from the research done here.

Here's a link to a good review and description between the 7.3 & the 6.7 engines/suspensions. It sounds like its more of a 7.3 vs 6.7 than a F -250 vs F -350 in some regards:

Please note their references to the 7.3L 250 Tremor rear setup is not correct it gets the same M275 and 5 pack springs as all the other Tremors. They are referring to the standard 7.3L 250 rear setup not a Tremor. On a Tremor gas/diesel 250/350 all get 5 pack springs and the Dana M275 axle. There could be other differences but not anything easily visible beyond the badges. I did not notice a difference in ride between the 250 Tremor test drove and 350 Tremor I have but didn’t get to drive back to back. There is a difference in the gas vs diesel ride likely due to the 800Lbs ish weight difference and different front springs between gas an diesel Tremors.

Yes we have been over this topic so much that I am about to get banned by Modified if I lose my mind and answer this question.....but I am going to risk it:

A F250 Tremor and a F350 Tremor are the same truck, every nut, bolt, and component! 3 exceptions: 1. The Fender Badge 2. The Cargo Capacity sticker (Yellow and white). 3. The White GVWR/Manufacturer sticker. The trucks are the same IF it is a TREMOR.

That does not apply to non Tremor F250 and F350 where the entire rear end/suspension MAY be different depending on configuration.

I speak from experience and those others who helped crawl all over this truck and been researching it since last October. My truck was built around 11/05/2019 (day 2 of Tremor production) and I have owned her since Jan 15. Others who have looked at every possible aspect of this truck. No one to date knows of any difference. And I have one last comment:

Russian Components, American Components....ALL MADE in TAIWAN!!o_O

Yes we have been over this topic so much that I am about to get banned by Modified if I lose my mind and answer this question.....but I am going to risk it:

A F250 Tremor and a F350 Tremor are the same truck, every nut, bolt, and component! 3 exceptions: 1. The Fender Badge 2. The Cargo Capacity sticker (Yellow and white). 3. The White GVWR/Manufacturer sticker. The trucks are the same IF it is a TREMOR.

That does not apply to non Tremor F250 and F350 where the entire rear end/suspension MAY be different depending on configuration.

I speak from experience and those others who helped crawl all over this truck and been researching it since last October. My truck was built around 11/05/2019 (day 2 of Tremor production) and I have owned her since Jan 15. Others who have looked at every possible aspect of this truck. No one to date knows of any difference. And I have one last comment:

Russian Components, American Components....ALL MADE in TAIWAN!!o_O
True dat!

Only thing I disagree on is two things:
price ( 350 has an upcharge no big deal)
license plate. in my state I have to pay more for a stupid license plate cause I got the 350 and it pisses me off to have to keep paying the state when I am already paying my fair share in gas tax

so if you were to order a tremor (which I did) would you have got the f250 or the f350? Essentially if they are indeed the same as they both get f350 leafs wouldnt that mean that technically the 350 would hold its value a bit better or be worth more in the long run?

Thanks

so if you were to order a tremor (which I did) would you have got the f250 or the f350? Essentially if they are indeed the same as they both get f350 leafs wouldnt that mean that technically the 350 would hold its value a bit better or be worth more in the long run?

Thanks
There's very little if any difference in resale. In fact in some cases the higher capacity trucks have lower resale. This is easier seen in the f450 vs f350 dually...

The way to determine what you need is payload....what are you using it for?

Or if you live in a state that doesn't hit you on registration fees for the 350 you can pick whichever one on the lot has the options you want. (Assuming you aren't ordering)

it just doesn't matter with a tremor.

Last edited:

Thanks
I see we live in the same state. Just did my registration after a year of ownership and it was $900. I have the F250 and won't be towing at any level near it's capacity and none of it will be commercial. Unless you are using the F350 for commercial reasons in california it is only going to cost you extra money to have one. Or if you plan on a cab over camper, the F350 gives you a few more pounds of bed capacity. Typically anything over 10000 pounds trailer is considered commerical in our state.

Thanks
If I would of known this I would of went 350. Avoided 350 for better ride empty.

Back