modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
Did you purchase the extended warranty? I normally don't because I never seem to keep a truck or any vehicle over 3-5 years. However I'm getting older and a little wiser (ha) and might actually keep this truck for a long time since it can pretty much do everything I'm wanting. I was interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

Did you purchase the extended warranty? I normally don't because I never seem to keep a truck or any vehicle over 3-5 years. However I'm getting older and a little wiser (ha) and might actually keep this truck for a long time since it can pretty much do everything I'm wanting. I was interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

I ended up purchasing a 7yr/100k mile bumper-bumper extended warranty with the new truck. I've never been a huge fan of extended warranties because I was always taught they weren't worth the money. I keep my vehicles on average for 6-7 years and I've had good luck so far with no major issues on any of them. However, my decision to pull the trigger this time was mainly because of all the electronics in the trucks now which are expensive to replace if they break. Case in point, my brother in laws touch screen on his 2019 F-250 XLT died on him 3 weeks ago...luckily it was still under factory warranty and got replaced, but if it was out of warranty it would have cost him $XXXX to replace.

Not from the stealership, I got a 120k 7 year Ford ESP warranty online for more than half the cost for my Ecoboost. Check out Flood Ford ESP.

I plan to keep my Tremor for a long time. Use it mostly chasing rigs in Wyoming and North Dakota. My last truck lasted my 18 years. Considering that there is a lot of electronics and a new drivetrain, I purchased a 8 year/100,000 warranty for about $3300. Should pay out on one major incident.

Nope. Did the math on a spreadsheet over a twenty year period years ago. Big loser on money. I self insure now including collision insurance for my vehicles.

Self insure: fund where monies paid for intended insurance instead go to an account that is a blue chip with 1.1 beta risk and dividend paying ~ 8 stocks. Thus in the above examples let's say instead of needing one big hit to break even for your $3500 (not including many times financing [variable on amortization and interest rate]) for arguement ~ $4200. IF you exceed ur contract mileage happens many times) or there are no claims then you have made $4200. A net positive variance of $8400!
I have saved thousands doing this the last ten years.

Haha up late last night......
To clarify the 3300 example I inflated to 3500 in my post. Oops.
No claims or if the eligibility (mileage) is exceeded than the loss is complete but you still have the assets and growth.
If I have a single big problem in the 3 year factory warranty then trade in time. I have found the last ten years most large repairs are not like OEM after due to huge technical needs. Therefore a 5-8 year exstension of a truck for me would need to break multiple times to come ahead financially....... won't happen here.

Im giving this a bump, because i didn't buy one. But im interested to see what ones are out there that you can buy after the fact. Iv only had the truck about a month,

Look, if you don't have a trustworthy dealer it will not be worth much.

That being said: HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............ Fuel system:12K,,,,, Turbo: 7K........ almost any repair of a 6.7 = Pull the whole body OFF

etc etc......

I bought a 6 year/125k mile extended warranty though Ford ESP when I purchased my Tremor.

I bought the extra 3/36k through ford which makes my factory warranty now 6 yr/72k miles. The factory power-train warranty is 100k. The dealer I bought from (Elder Ford in Tampa Fl) offers a lifetime power-train warranty on all new vehicles they sell. This warranty is good at any ford dealer in the US. The only stipulation to the warranty is you have to do all the recommended services in the manual. You DO NOT have to have them done at Ford or even at a shop. You can do the work yourself as long as you save receipts. They can void the warranty if you don't do the services. I went to this dealer because they were extremely fair, honest, and I only found out after to agreeing to purchase the truck that it came with a lifetime warranty. This was a bonus for me because a 88k truck is a huge investment. Having piece of mind that I could drive it forever and never have to buy an engine or transmission is priceless. I'd definitely recommend the extended warranty if it's available. This is an expensive truck and not cheap to work on.

I typically utilize Geico’s Mechanical Breakdown insurance - 5 years and 100k miles, IIRC. When I get close to 5 years, I start looking for another truck. It saved me 12k on a CP4 failure several years ago. And in my experience, Geico is easier to work with than Ford.

Im giving this a bump, because i didn't buy one. But im interested to see what ones are out there that you can buy after the fact. Iv only had the truck about a month,
I get calls on my mobile phone every day offering an extended warranty:unsure:

I have been a Ford Tech for 30 years, and i buy Ford ESP on my wifes and my Trucks, i usually keep my trucks 10/15 years, my wife not so much. I firmly believe in it, i can fix it all on my own rigs but the price of the parts alone are stupid even at my cost. I would highly recommend it for everyone. Just pay close attention to the brand of warranty you buy. Sum are great to deal with and others are total crap.

I bought a 7/100k ESP from Zeigler Ford on my 2013 F150 Ecoboost. Had a few issues after the 3/36k that I think more than made up the cost with the biggest being a shortblock replacement at 52,000 miles. The #4 Piston broke a piece of the skirt off and left it hanging out in the bottom of the oil pan. Didn't have to pay a single dime.

This time around I went a different direction and purchased a 10 year/100k mile CNA National Z2 Warranty from the Broker I go through. Biggest reason was the added 2 year coverage as I anticipate 10k or less miles per year. The CNA actually covers more items than the ESP Premium including some wear items like shocks and struts. Claims are paid on the spot over the phone via credit card and accepted at any licensed mechanic (doesn't have to be a dealer or brand specific etc).

I bought a 6 year/125k mile extended warranty though Ford when I purchased my Tremor.

This is the one I will get how much did you pay and was it premium care?

I'll try to look at the paperwork tonight. I had the same 6yr/125k warranty on my 2018 Raptor, so I was able to transfer a large part of the cost over to the Tremor warranty.

You can get quotes instantly from a couple sites where you're likely not going to find a better deal anywhere else:

Sometimes Flood is cheaper sometimes Zeigler is cheaper. You can also find discount codes that will knock off some cost as well.

I buy the extended warranty on all my latest fords (raptor, tremor, expedition, and soon bronco) my only warranty work was a whole ac system replaced for the raptor which was right before the end of extended warranty. I bought it for the tremor because I drive a lot of miles and keep trucks for a long time.

I got 7 year, 125k miles. If I recall, paid about $2800. Made sure it covers LED lights. Never bought a warranty before, but sure like the peace of mind now. Plan to keep truck FOREVERRRRR.

Back