Exhaust Tips

I added two stainless steel pop rivets through the clamp, tip flange and pipe. Trying to prevent it from possibly loosening up and falling off or quick theft.

Attachments

• BD6B59E1-3897-4803-BFA3-7FF12880449A.jpeg
    BD6B59E1-3897-4803-BFA3-7FF12880449A.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 149
  • D9A8D45A-521D-42BB-B1D9-A790AB5B7D26.jpeg
    D9A8D45A-521D-42BB-B1D9-A790AB5B7D26.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 149
I added two stainless steel pop rivets through the clamp, tip flange and pipe. Trying to prevent it from possibly loosening up and falling off or quick theft.
That's a nice touch to prevent theft. I was able to install my Ford black exhaust tip tonight but it was to dark to grab a decent picture. I was considering grabbing my mig welder and just adding 2 tack welds to prevent possible theft too. I'll do that maybe in a couple weeks after I feel comfortable with my exhaust tip placement whether i should slide in on the pipe more or less.

I installed a 4" to 6" black tip 15" long to my MBRP exhaust and it looks and sounds awesome. I'll have to take a pic. Everybody asks me if the truck is a diesel. :p

Hey JJTremor & Jamie V, any pictures with the black tips installed? Any wear and tear?

Jamie V, any pictures with the black tips installed? Any wear and tear?
Post #39 & #41 I posted a bunch.

So far no wear and tear.

Anyone bought an exhaust tip black in color? If so what size and brands has anyone bought?
Thanks
It only took one camping trip each to burn the black paint off three different tips with my 7.3 gasser. RBP, Flo Pro, and MBRP all failed miserably. Gave up and installed a polished 304 stainless 4” to 6“ tip on my black-out Lariat. Doesn’t look bad after it gets hot and turns a dark golden color.

Hey JJTremor & Jamie V, any pictures with the black tips installed? Any wear and tear?
It's been great no wear at all so far. Here's a picture of the exhaust tip the day I installed it. It's too dark outside now to get a picture, but I cut off roughly 7" of my stock exhaust if I recall and then slid the new Ford Tip on. Maybe later this week or next I'll have a chance to wash the truck and get some new pictures posted of the entire truck.

Attachments

• Exhaust Tip from Back.jpg
    Exhaust Tip from Back.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Exhaust Tip Close Up.jpg
    Exhaust Tip Close Up.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Exhaust Tip Comparison.jpg
    Exhaust Tip Comparison.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 136
It's been great no wear at all so far. Here's a picture of the exhaust tip the day I installed it. It's too dark outside now to get a picture, but I cut off roughly 7" of my stock exhaust if I recall and then slid the new Ford Tip on. Maybe later this week or next I'll have a chance to wash the truck and get some new pictures posted of the entire truck.
No wear would be huge with this! Painted tips get beat up so fast. I have some ford rewards dollars left. May have to grab one. Definitely post some more pics when you get a chance.

So I scheduled my first oil change and asked the dealership if they could install the Ford performance exhaust tip I bought awhile back while they had the truck (I haven’t had the time to install it myself). They said they couldn’t install customer supplied parts and that if I modified the exhaust I could void the warranty (the truck came with a lifetime power train warranty from the dealer in addition to the factory warranty). I’m pretty sure that is ridiculous and asked for a call back from their service manager but has anyone ever heard of any warranty being voided for adding an exhaust tip (including the removal of about 7” of exhaust pipe)?

I used some Rust Oleum High Temp paint to paint my tip. It's only been a few hundred miles since I applied it, but it looks pretty good still. Might want to give it a shot.
@STDevil I did the same thing. I used high temp flat black and after a year it still looks great.

Thanks!! Fortunately I have the factory not coated 6.7 tips so I’m hopeful with good cleaning, high temp primer and paint following the instructions to warm up between coats will work well. Fortunately I only have 75 miles on it so there isn’t much buildup/oils on them that require a lot of cleaning/prep.
It will work great.

So I scheduled my first oil change and asked the dealership if they could install the Ford performance exhaust tip I bought awhile back while they had the truck (I haven’t had the time to install it myself). They said they couldn’t install customer supplied parts and that if I modified the exhaust I could void the warranty (the truck came with a lifetime power train warranty from the dealer in addition to the factory warranty). I’m pretty sure that is ridiculous and asked for a call back from their service manager but has anyone ever heard of any warranty being voided for adding an exhaust tip (including the removal of about 7” of exhaust pipe)?
That is ridiculous.

That statement makes me think they look like this...
AHAT.jpg

Got my exhaust tip installed yesterday - the service manager had no issue with them installing it and didn't mention anything about voiding any warranties. Added some pictures in case anyone else is considering the Ford Performance black chrome tip. I like it much better than the original plain exhaust pipe. They also painted a portion of it - I didn't ask them to but like how it turned out - had I known they were going to do that though I'd have had them go all the way to the first hanger.

Attachments

• 69957507256__BD70A9B0-F790-4FBD-B7A4-1DE2FC298240.jpg
    69957507256__BD70A9B0-F790-4FBD-B7A4-1DE2FC298240.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7199.jpg
    IMG_7199.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7201.jpg
    IMG_7201.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7198.jpg
    IMG_7198.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 98
After looking and looking, I finally got a filter back exhaust. I went with a MBRP 4" black, it came with a tip but I left it off, gave it to my buddy and it made his dodge look better as well. Win-win! I would have preferred a 5" but that wasn't an option in black and I was too lazy to paint it...lol

The MBRP was an epic pain to install, I'm guessing the black coating made the slip joints even tighter. I wound up having to jack the rear up by the trailer hitch to get the old one out and dropping the spare tire for more room on the install. It is marginally louder with the resonator out...

MBRP 4%22.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back