Exhaust for the 7.3 Godzilla

I'm not in the exhaust industry, but I am an Engineer (I own a gun company and design what is our product line). Whether an exhaust system has a component of drone is not proportional to how loud it is, but instead, how poorly (or not) the system is designed/executed.

MB
System or mufflers?
My exhaust shop put together my set up which I’m extremely happy with.

System or mufflers?
My exhaust shop put together my set up which I’m extremely happy with.
Mufflers are a single part (whether one or two) of the total system; total system volume will determine frequency (same principles apply to the suppressor designs I've patented). The AFE system on my TREMOR is a 2-1-2 system. Two inputs into one muffler with two outputs. Each individual output has a resonator of a certain volume to change the frequency range so its offset from a like frequency.

MB

Mufflers are a single part (whether one or two) of the total system; total system volume will determine frequency (same principles apply to the suppressor designs I've patented). The AFE system on my TREMOR is a 2-1-2 system. Two inputs into one muffler with two outputs. Each individual output has a resonator of a certain volume to change the frequency range so its offset from a like frequency.

MB
Mines straight dual with xpipe.

Gotcha, I'm assuming duals all the way to rear?

MB
836AC978-2AAB-452A-8C43-5CDAAAE08AAB.jpeg
3583E5A2-0A15-4762-AB9B-96B9733096BF.jpeg
05C55BEA-69F6-4F4C-AA79-277E42C9D4A5.jpeg
968864C1-1679-488D-AC07-01ACF339182F.jpeg
6A6D4131-75F0-4F11-8C2E-6C38DA0011D6.jpeg
36CE8084-8C6F-4157-A7B1-2F53CD2A204D.jpeg

Thanks, Just as I wanted. Clean true dual with cut up and out of the way. Now just have to get rid of the tire heat shield. Haha
Awesome, I thought about doing something similar using Borla mufflers, but experimenting with 2-1-2 systems on my Harley, I noted stellar results with power. So, I went with components from AFE that amounts to a 2-1-2 system and the results have been awesome.

MB

Thanks, Just as I wanted. Clean true dual with cut up and out of the way. Now just have to get rid of the tire heat shield. Haha
I’ve seen you post these pics a few times but no sound clip. Good God man, stop teasing us and show the sucker off ?

Quick update on my AFE system. After nearly 200 miles, it has settled in beautifully and is easily 50% quieter than when initially installed. The exhaust tone is awesome at low speed or steady cruise but my gosh, it has quite a bark when you get into it. I'm totally pleased with how this part of my project has turned out.

Now for a new cam and a bit of head work.

MB

Quick update on my AFE system. After nearly 200 miles, it has settled in beautifully and is easily 50% quieter than when initially installed. The exhaust tone is awesome at low speed or steady cruise but my gosh, it has quite a bark when you get into it. I'm totally pleased with how this part of my project has turned out.

Now for a new cam and a bit of head work.

MB

Custom grind? Not sure I've seen any cams out yet.

Custom grind? Not sure I've seen any cams out yet.
I know I'm going to keep it NA and what I think I know is I'll use the Stage 1B Cam from Willis Engines (Dan Wolf). My plan at the moment is to buy a new set of stock heads, ship them to Willis and have them CNC Port and put in new seats, guides, etc. As I dig further into this part of the project, things might evolve a little, but we'll see.

MB

I just installed the Rebel system along with the AFE Twisted Steel Mid Pipe and Headers and it's awesome. When newly installed, it had a bit of a brash sound for less than the first 100 miles, but it burned in nicely and has developed the rich tonal sound and performance I was after. The sound the the cab is not obnoxious and absolutely zero drone.

Here's a clip of a cold start prior to what I'd call a total burn in. You can still see particles flying out of the tips but after a few more miles, this clip doesn't do the sound justice at all.

MB
Sounds good!!

I’ve seen you post these pics a few times but no sound clip. Good God man, stop teasing us and show the sucker off ?
I have clips from in cab posted. The problem is that park or neutral limit rpm to 3.6k rpms. I’m trying to find someone to take a clip of a drive by in first gear.

Here is my 2020 F250 7.3 Gas Tremor with Heartthrob Exhaust system with Resonator delete paired up to a set of American Racing Long Tube Headers. ProCharged

Back