Exhaust for the 7.3 Godzilla

Put on the MBRP 4” back cat, black coated exhaust yesterday and it’s amazing. I’m very happy with my decision to go with this system. It sounds great and doesn’t drone as your bombing down the freeway.

Took us about two hours to get the stock exhaust out and put on the new one, but all in all it was pretty easy.

View attachment 15135
Where did you purchase? i like the look of this, How hard to remove old, i debated removing the stock and just having it powder coated.

If you use a block of wood under the hitch with a hydraulic jack, lift it like three inches it all just slides right out. No cutting required and can be re installed one day if you wanted to.
Make sure to run the truck a few times and re tighten the bolts or it will move around on you!

If you use a block of wood under the hitch with a hydraulic jack, lift it like three inches it all just slides right out. No cutting required and can be re installed one day if you wanted to.
Make sure to run the truck a few times and re tighten the bolts or it will move around on you!
THis is what i wanted to hear.. lol THANKS!

Stainless Works is prepping a cat back and headers for the 7.3 right now. Jump on YouTube and watch the vid on their 6.2L system. Sounds killer. Here’s a link to the vid. Listen to it on something with real speakers though. Phone or tablet speakers wont convey the sound it makes

Just visited their site and still nothing for the 7.3 gas specific. Are most systems being sold 6.2 systems that just happen to bolt up?

Just visited their site and still nothing for the 7.3 gas specific. Are most systems being sold 6.2 systems that just happen to bolt up?
i think that the 7.3 plumbing is larger. Theres no point in choking down just to fit a muffler.

Has anyone considered an exhaust cut out like QTP or hooker? I had one on my 6.2 right after the first muffler and the sound was great. I could open and close it as I pleased which was nice in some situations. Only problem was that due to winter weather, salt etc it seized up in the open position. With regular maintenance, I'm told the seizing issue can be avoided.

Has anyone considered an exhaust cut out like QTP or hooker? I had one on my 6.2 right after the first muffler and the sound was great. I could open and close it as I pleased which was nice in some situations. Only problem was that due to winter weather, salt etc it seized up in the open position. With regular maintenance, I'm told the seizing issue can be avoided.
I am debating testing this out myself. I am sure it would sound great when open and would be rather nice to tie into the up fitter switches.

I am probably 4-5 months out from getting to the point of being comfortable cutting up my exhaust.

Put on the MBRP 4” back cat, black coated exhaust yesterday and it’s amazing. I’m very happy with my decision to go with this system. It sounds great and doesn’t drone as your bombing down the freeway.

Took us about two hours to get the stock exhaust out and put on the new one, but all in all it was pretty easy.
What are you impressions after a few weeks? Has the tone changed at all? I love the idea of this exhaust, but wonder if higher rpm's during towing would get tiring as a lot of truck exhaust do with gas engines.

I'm scheduled to get some custom exhaust work done next Tuesday (2/23). They are going to be putting on a Flowmaster 50 series 'big block' muffler and taking off at least 1 resonator.

Has anyone noticed an improvement in mileage with the MBRP exhaust? Also, does the aluminized one have the stainless muffler?

What are you impressions after a few weeks? Has the tone changed at all? I love the idea of this exhaust, but wonder if higher rpm's during towing would get tiring as a lot of truck exhaust do with gas engines.
I haven't noticed any changes and I'm still 100% in love. I run the highway at about 70 MPH and it doesn't drone at all. It's actually pretty mellow unless you're really on the gas.

Just spoke with Stainless Works.. Their 7.3 systems will be out in about 2 weeks.. Designed for the 7.3, not a 6.2 system made to fit.. This will definitely go my truck once available!

I put on a Flowmaster 50 series Big Block muffler and deleted the rear resonator today, but it's still too tame. I will be going back to get rid of the big front resonator and add a y-pipe.

I had a Magnflow on my expedition that I had for close to 20 years and always liked the pur.

this Magnaflow catback didn’t disappoint. I had the last leg of the exhaust coated the keep the look clean. I’m happy with the result.

Attachments

• IMG_4429.MOV
    16.2 MB
  • D94A646C-CFAA-4C89-B941-FA7ECFBB98A7.jpeg
    D94A646C-CFAA-4C89-B941-FA7ECFBB98A7.jpeg
    534.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4431.MOV
    19.6 MB
I had a Magnflow on my expedition that I had for close to 20 years and always liked the pur.

this Magnaflow catback didn’t disappoint. I had the last leg of the exhaust coated the keep the look clean. I’m happy with the result.
PizzaMan - would you post a video of you revving the engine?

please post better audio rev, drive by and in cab I have been waiting for magnaflow to get there shit together for far to long.

please post better audio rev, drive by and in cab I have been waiting for magnaflow to get there shit together for far to long.
The hard thing about audio is you really need someone to film as you pull away. In p or n they limit you to 3600 rpms.

Back