Exhaust for the 7.3 Godzilla

I wish Ford Performance had an exhaust option for the 7.3. Put their system on my Mustang GT a few years back and really liked it. Would also like a Flowmaster kit with the 40 series mufflers.

I got mine from Performance Truck Products. They do have a coupon for MBRP systems that brought the Pro Series 304 SS down to around $550.

No welding is necessary, but you will need to cut 16" off the extension pipe to fit to a CC SB. I used an angle grinder w cutting wheel.
Thanks.

Hello everyone new member here and found this sight by accident LOL. I have the MBRP and actually have some videos on the Install and sound. And as many have said I think it’s a really nice setup.
Welcome! Yes your videos have been shared on here before. I posted your 7.3 16k lb tow video.
@Ice. Age Cool, I think I have actually seen your videos on YT awhile back, even before I got my MBRP. Welcome to the forum!
Yes. Highly recommend his channel.
I wish Ford Performance had an exhaust option for the 7.3. Put their system on my Mustang GT a few years back and really liked it. Would also like a Flowmaster kit with the 40 series mufflers.
My favorite sound so far are the true dual Borla exhaust.
This is it.

Is the true dual Borla a kit or custom? I could not find it on their site. Sounds great!
Custom. Take it to a good shop, they will bend and weld everything in the exact space it needs to go. Cost about the same as a kit.

I guess it's time I do a custom exhaust. Been waiting on Borla and Corsa way too long. Im ready for this 445 cc big block to roar!

I guess it's time I do a custom exhaust. Been waiting on Borla and Corsa way too long. Im ready for this 445 cc big block to roar!
I'm in the same boat, plus I think full custom wont be that much more but I think it'll be much better...

The MRBP sounds great outside the truck. Not too loud with a decent rumble. However I was surprised how loud the system is in cab. Will definitely lay down mats in the near future.

The MRBP sounds great outside the truck. Not too loud with a decent rumble. However I was surprised how loud the system is in cab. Will definitely lay down mats in the near future.
I got my MBRP exhaust installed today. I agree it's actually louder than I expected in the cab. But it sounds pretty good.

I put the Borla S-type for the 6.2 on mine, fit perfect and has a great tone! Highly recommend!! Will be installing one on my new work truck with the 7.3 this spring ?

I'd be interested in how loud it is towing. A lot of "loud but liveable" exhausts I've had in the past become unbearable after a few hours of sustained rpm's when towing

I got my MBRP exhaust installed today. I agree it's actually louder than I expected in the cab. But it sounds pretty good.
It will mellow out a bit once it “burns” in. I thought mine was a bit too loud at first too. I almost added back one resonator, but it did mellow out after a few hundred miles. Now I love it!

mine was delivered today -- install this weekend. we are going to do the install ourselves. has anyone else installed the MBRP themselves?

glad to know it mellows out after a couple hundred miles!

mine was delivered today -- install this weekend. we are going to do the install ourselves. has anyone else installed the MBRP themselves?

I did mine in my driveway. Took about an hour. Toughest part was getting the muffler & tailpipe section out. It’s all one piece, and I didn't want to cut it but since I couldn’t lift the truck up in the air, I had to break out the sawzall. After that everything just bolts on.

It was an easy instal. The only issue I had was clearance from the heat shield on the spare. It would rattle at certain RPMS. I loosened all the clamps and used a motorcycle tie down to pull the tailpipe upwards and away from the heat shield then torqued the clamps.

Back