Exhaust brake

Djdannyd93

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
How effective is it?

does it have to manually be turned on and off ? Never had a super duty and wondering how it compares

I have a 2013 Dodge 5500 work truck and it works amazing. I use auto mode all the time and never have to turn it off or on. Controlling the gears of the automatic On inclines and knowing it’s shifting points/tendencies helps.

How effective is it?

does it have to manually be turned on and off ? Never had a super duty and wondering how it compares

I have a 2013 Dodge 5500 work truck and it works amazing. I use auto mode all the time and never have to turn it off or on. Controlling the gears of the automatic On inclines and knowing it’s shifting points/tendencies helps.

It works. You’ll have to turn it on every time you drive. It’s no where near as effective as your rams exhaust brake.

needs to be selected manually. i haven't had to use it yet. Seems like grade shifting in tow haul is pretty effective. For me at least so far

I just towed my toyhauler from NY to MA. I’m was trying to figure out if I should use the EB, and if so what mode. New diesel owner here. I found this on another forum. B2A62008-827B-444A-95BB-7ACFA80D0396.png8F49CD42-4AB8-473E-ADCA-E2EFD22D1E15.png

Once turned on when in towing mode, and if you keep the trailer connected it will remember the exhaust brake setting. There is a tiny orange indicator light if it is not on just push the button.

It works much better than my 2015 Silverado 3500.

Just went into the Rocky Mountains with a 7,500 lb trailer ( kinda light for a F350) but it held the speed perfect and worked awesome with the adaptive cruise control. I did some 7% grades.

I feel it works better in tow mode than other driving modes.

Back