Epic family vacation

The Fremont County Emergency Management Agency has alerted residents to high water levels near Dubois. Sandbags can be picked up at Dubois Town Hall this week from 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday.

Sigh…….this is on a major road into the Tetons & Jackson

Tank museum??

We avoid Riverton and go to Lander Silvar’s in Hudson went from superb to a expensive dump

Best Steak in Wyoming is in Buffalo, Sheridan has great biscuits & gravy at the silver spur
They opened a 120 million military history museum in Dubois

Yea Silvars has fallen far

This is one example of dozens & why tourists are now being referred to by many derogatory words

B5A354E4-E94E-40F6-83D6-BB3955CEDD89.jpeg

They opened a 120 million military history museum in Dubois

Yea Silvars has fallen far

Gotcha we stayed in Lander for the grand opening and know somebody who works there you confused me with the tank museum

Might end up in Riverton for the SRO conference not sure what hotel to stay in last time I was in Riverton for any length of time you had minnow racing at a bar downtown

Please be aware of the closures in Yellowstone National Park. I live in Wyoming, and I am actually from the black hills of SD. If you have questions about either place let me know. You will want to check on conditions at Yellowstone if you were intending on going there. The park is currently closed and have not reopened to visitors with the North Loop of the park closed for the rest of the season. Reservations have been cancelled and they are reviewing how they will allow visitors into the southern side of the park. I know there is plans to reopen by the 22nd but have not heard an update from the superintendent of the park. Facebook has a page "Yellowstone National Park" that you can join which has recent and constant updates on the situation.

Reactions: Gus
This is one example of dozens & why tourists are now being referred to by many derogatory words

View attachment 54648

Hmmm, she must not get out into Nature much at all...

Was sent this picture from a friend who lives on the way to GNP & traffic is insane up there View attachment 54649

Someone needs to tell those folks they need to get back in the office and get back to work! Then I wont have to wait in traffic to visit our great Ntl Parks, with the rest of the retired folks!

Hmmm, she must not get out into Nature much at all...

Someone needs to tell those folks they need to get back in the office and get back to work! Then I wont have to wait in traffic to visit our great Ntl Parks, with the rest of the retired folks!

My friend lives and works in a small town not far from GNP in a small grocery store they normally have 2 employees and the owner in the store today the owner was gone. & my friend was trying to stock shelves and check out people when the other till got to backed up

They had tourists opening boxes & stealing food when the employees were not looking & yes law enforcement was called when it was noticed but small rural town no cameras

View attachment 54648

I wonder what their Sept 12, 2001 NYC vacation review was like... geez talk about tone deaf!

We're supposed to go to yellowstone via east entrance 3rd week of July, we'll see. Sone is at a camp outside the park so we were going to head up and check the park/Cody out a bit before picking him up. Part of the national forest campground we're booked at is closed now, our part isn't YET.

Normally I do far more boondocking but the idea of the known destination on this trip was nice, we'll see.

Made it into Yellowstone today and look what I found. Who is it? Welcome to PM if you don't wanna announce on here but curious.
20220622_142244.jpg

Tetons were a success with us seeing 5 moose (including a bull and 2 calves) , 2 black bears, 1 grizzly bear, 1 wolf, 2 fox, 2 coyotes, lots of elk (including a bull and calves), lots of pronghorn and lots of buffalo (plus a lot more).

Limited service and trying to stay off here so more updates later, including pictures. Great trip so far and excited to check out more of Yellowstone tomorrow.

Made it into Yellowstone today and look what I found. Who is it? Welcome to PM if you don't wanna announce on here but curious. View attachment 55057

Tetons were a success with us seeing 5 moose (including a bull and 2 calves) , 2 black bears, 1 grizzly bear, 1 wolf, 2 fox, 2 coyotes, lots of elk (including a bull and calves), lots of pronghorn and lots of buffalo (plus a lot more).

Limited service and trying to stay off here so more updates later, including pictures. Great trip so far and excited to check out more of Yellowstone tomorrow.

@Redspringer perhaps??

Saw a black Tremor sb from canyon lodge on the Grand Loop this afternoon and saw this big guy 8am this morning.
B04EBCC7-CBB6-45F5-89D7-4FC4D4440A0E.jpeg

PS: anyone headed to Yellowstone in the near future, odd and even for access works great. I don’t know if people flat out canceled because of north closures or the odd / even has throttled access to a reasonable level, but we only had to circle one lot to get a parking space at a location.

Last edited:
Saw a black Tremor sb from canyon lodge on the Grand Loop this afternoon and saw this big guy 8am this morning.View attachment 55209

PS: anyone headed to Yellowstone in the near future, odd and even for access works great. I don’t know if people flat out canceled because of north closures or the odd / even has throttled access to a reasonable level, but we only had to circle one lot to get a parking space at a location.
We left yesterday but agree that the odd even is working. Didn't seem bad at all but we were also up early every day. Ended up catching, through binoculars, a mom grizzly with a cub our last night there. I think I saw at least 3 or 4 different Tremors, 1 red, 2 silver and 1 black.

Was sent this picture from a friend who lives on the way to GNP & traffic is insane up there View attachment 54649
I wonder how many in that line know that you need a reservation to even drive into Glacier National Park during the day this time of year?

Back