Epic family vacation

I was thinking the same thing! On a trip (no RV) out to Colorado and back through Wyoming, Badlands, etc I was amazed at how far one could travel without seeing a gas station, or anything else other than miles of ranch fence line! I also enjoyed the vastness of the National Grasslands in SD too...

The Pawnee National Grasslands is rather big & easy to get lost in

T-minus 7 days till our family camping trip out west kicks off. This was the main reason for getting the Tremor, to be able to take long family camping trips with our trailer. We will be hitting up the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore and the Badlands.
View attachment 54105
Don't have any photos of the combined 55 foot train but if anyone sees this combination rolling across the country next week give a wave or stop and say hi.
View attachment 54107
View attachment 54106
Hoping to take some truck shots along the way and try to get some towing numbers of mpg but #1 plan is to enjoy the time with family, so might not be as detailed. Any thing I do get or can share I'll add to this post. I have fond memories of traveling the country with my family growing up and this area was one of my favorites, saying I'm excited to show my wife and daughter is an understatement.

FYI Yellowstone is closed

Totally shut down, roads washed out, bridges washed out it’s a mess a real no mess from what I’ve been told and nobody knows for how long

FYI Yellowstone is closed

Totally shut down, roads washed out, bridges washed out it’s a mess a real no mess from what I’ve been told and nobody knows for how long
Yep, just saw this as well.

Reactions: Gus
Hopeful you can still have a great trip
As big of a hurdle this may become, it will not ruin this trip. I already have a few fall back options and luckily (at this point) we only had a couple days planned in the park.

Good strategic thinking on your part!

As big of a hurdle this may become, it will not ruin this trip. I already have a few fall back options and luckily (at this point) we only had a couple days planned in the park.

Options are alway good especially on such a wonderful trip

T-minus 7 days till our family camping trip out west kicks off. This was the main reason for getting the Tremor, to be able to take long family camping trips with our trailer. We will be hitting up the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore and the Badlands.
View attachment 54105
Don't have any photos of the combined 55 foot train but if anyone sees this combination rolling across the country next week give a wave or stop and say hi.
View attachment 54107
View attachment 54106
Hoping to take some truck shots along the way and try to get some towing numbers of mpg but #1 plan is to enjoy the time with family, so might not be as detailed. Any thing I do get or can share I'll add to this post. I have fond memories of traveling the country with my family growing up and this area was one of my favorites, saying I'm excited to show my wife and daughter is an understatement.
Take the family truckster!

Wyoming is special for sure. - tank Museum is worth the drive lander is pretty and great hikes. Riverton is a good fill up / Walmart and isn’t as bad as they say just nothing to do.

Wyoming is special for sure. - tank Museum is worth the drive lander is pretty and great hikes. Riverton is a good fill up / Walmart and isn’t as bad as they say just nothing to do.

Tank museum??

We avoid Riverton and go to Lander Silvar’s in Hudson went from superb to a expensive dump

Best Steak in Wyoming is in Buffalo, Sheridan has great biscuits & gravy at the silver spur

Looks like it’s open & this is a must drive

I've done that drive, it's awesome! (y)

beartooth-highway.jpeg

This will be my trip starting June 24th but stopping in Vancouver BC first to fly to Disneyland.
Tofino.jpg

View attachment 54105
View attachment 54107
View attachment 54106
Sounds like a great trip ! Be mindful of the fact all roads into Yellowstone are closed due to rapid snow melt and heavy rains the past 2 weeks. Roads and bridges have washed out. I'm in SW Montana and it was 36 degrees at my cabin, sitting at 7500 ft elevation. The snow I received yesterday has melted and warm weather is coming.

Back