Epic family vacation

MiTremor906

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 AMB F250 7.3 Lariat
T-minus 7 days till our family camping trip out west kicks off. This was the main reason for getting the Tremor, to be able to take long family camping trips with our trailer. We will be hitting up the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore and the Badlands.
Screenshot_20220607-222345_Maps.jpg

Don't have any photos of the combined 55 foot train but if anyone sees this combination rolling across the country next week give a wave or stop and say hi.
20211107_175237.jpg

20210813_102434.jpg

Hoping to take some truck shots along the way and try to get some towing numbers of mpg but #1 plan is to enjoy the time with family, so might not be as detailed. Any thing I do get or can share I'll add to this post. I have fond memories of traveling the country with my family growing up and this area was one of my favorites, saying I'm excited to show my wife and daughter is an understatement.

legmar

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Black 2022 F-350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Current Ride #2
1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE
So excited for your journey!! I’m watching this thread! Hope to see lots of inspiring photos for our own adventures! 😃

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
Subscribed to this thread for updates! That's going to be an awesome trip. We did a very similar route a few years ago that started in Salt Lake City.

salt-lake-trip-2019.png

If you have time, check out Devils Tower. It's not too far from Mount Rushmore.

Modman

Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22MY F250 Star White Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2DR A51 Black Diamond Bronco
AWESOME! Enjoy the trip and time with your family. I will be interested in any findings, opinions, etc since your combo is similar to what we will have (once we finally make the TT purchase).

Maverick11

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor XLT
We are doing a very similar trip from St Louis to Bozeman, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and back. Will be gone for 13 days. We are leaving in T minus 11 days. We are super excited. Have a great trip! Safe Travels!

Attachments

• EF60C42F-5F47-4A55-BECD-167EFF1D8EF6.jpeg
    EF60C42F-5F47-4A55-BECD-167EFF1D8EF6.jpeg
    617.8 KB · Views: 42

argento_tpa

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Ford F250 Tremor (Antimatter, 7.3L Godzilla)
Current Ride #2
1966 MG Midget aka Franken Spridget
Since you all are towing trailers etc, have any of you installed a front and rear sway bar (i.e. Hellwig)? Trying to figure out if this is something that is needed. I do have the factory 5th wheel prep but not sure if that adds anything to roll stability etc.

cntyguy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 7.3 rapid red lariat tremor
Current Ride #2
Tahoe Z71
First Responder
Ret.
I’ll be wandering the roads of idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota in a few weeks as well. I’ll be keeping an eye out for all of you cool Tremor folks along the way. Honk or stop as time allows. Safe travels to all!

5.8 Venom

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21' F250 445ci Lariat Carbon Grey
Current Ride #2
2014 Shelby GT500
@MiTremor906 I hear ya! I will be in Yellowstone end of the month for 4 days with family. I remember growing up in the 70's, my parents rented a motor home over the summer a couple times and we traveled for like two months across the country to places from Calif to the Mississippi. Loved it, one of the places we went was Meteor crater in Arizona, this thing was featured in the movie Starman. Well, in the 70's, the Ntl parks didnt even man the visitors center, its like an hour off the main hwy, very much BFE at the time, we were the only ones there and a big hole in the ground! :ROFLMAO: Two smart ass boys 9 and 13 gave our Dad a lot crap for that one, but looking back its was very cool.

I remember telling my wife about how we visited the Grand Canyon, she never traveled growing up and she was like "whats the big deal, its a ditch?" Then she planned a trip there for my birthday and when she saw it she was like "Whoa, I get it now!" We have a trip planned to visit the North Rim this year in August.

Drive safe man, you got fun times ahead!

Last edited:

jasoncw

Still Waiting
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2005 Excursion
Current Ride #2
2017 SHO
That is awesome! We did a cross country trip back in 2018 and the kids absolutely loved it. It was 3 weeks, should have been more like 8 weeks, but that was before I could work remote... This was with the Excursion with 240k on the clock. :)

1654719913355.png

OP
OP
MiTremor906

MiTremor906

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 AMB F250 7.3 Lariat
Subscribed to this thread for updates! That's going to be an awesome trip. We did a very similar route a few years ago that started in Salt Lake City.

View attachment 54112

If you have time, check out Devils Tower. It's not too far from Mount Rushmore.
We are already not giving the Badlands the justice it deserves so probably won't be able to fit that it but have also heard that is good and recommend others to fit it in if possible.

OP
OP
MiTremor906

MiTremor906

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 AMB F250 7.3 Lariat
Going to be a long trip have fun & when you get to western NE start watching wyoming roads for high winds & pay close attention as lots of campers get blown over every year on 80 and 25
Good point! I've been planning on keeping an eye on the weather but good reminder on the wind.

OP
OP
MiTremor906

MiTremor906

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 AMB F250 7.3 Lariat
We are doing a very similar trip from St Louis to Bozeman, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and back. Will be gone for 13 days. We are leaving in T minus 11 days. We are super excited. Have a great trip! Safe Travels!
I will keep an eye out for you. Odds are low but it's a small world. Safe travels to you guys as well.

OP
OP
MiTremor906

MiTremor906

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 AMB F250 7.3 Lariat
@MiTremor906 I hear ya! I will be in Yellowstone end of the month for 4 days with family. I remember growing up in the 70's, my parents rented a motor home over the summer a couple times and we traveled for like two months across the country to places from Calif to the Mississippi. Loved it, one of the places we went was Metro crater in Arizona, this thing was featured in the movie Starman. Well, in the 70's, the Ntl parks didnt even man the visitors center, its like an hour off the main hwy, very much BFE at the time, we were the only ones there and a big hole in the ground! :ROFLMAO: Two smart ass boys 9 and 13 gave our Dad a lot crap for that one, but looking back its was very cool.

I remember telling my wife about how we visited the Grand Canyon, she never traveled growing up and she was like "whats the big deal, its a ditch?" Then she planned a trip there for my birthday and when she saw it she was like "Whoa, I get it now!" We have a trip planned to visit the North Rim this year in August.

Drive safe man, you got fun times ahead!
My wife never understood why I loved the west until I took her to Zion and Grand Canyon 3-4 years ago. She fell in love and no longer fights me on trips out there now. Other then that I took her to Hawaii now and both her and the 6 yr old already wanna go back there again. Not that I'm complaining other then the cost. But can't take it with you and you only get 18 summers with your kids so enjoy them to the most.

OP
OP
MiTremor906

MiTremor906

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 AMB F250 7.3 Lariat
That is awesome! We did a cross country trip back in 2018 and the kids absolutely loved it. It was 3 weeks, should have been more like 8 weeks, but that was before I could work remote... This was with the Excursion with 240k on the clock. :)

View attachment 54154
I tries talking my wife into just traveling the whole summer but she wasn't having any of that. 🤣

But agree these trips are always too short.

DDD

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
You will be entering some majestic country of many varieties. Gods country for sure! Have a fabulous and safe trip and an even better experience with your family.

STDevil

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Super Duty
AWESOME! Safe and enjoyable travels!

My Wife's family is doing some camping at St. Mary's Campground in Glacier National Park and I am not up for staying in a tent. Since my RV is not going to get here until September, I am looking to rent one...hopefully in Kalispel so I don't have to tow too far. I am going to get something much smaller than yours, but I am looking forward to the first tow with my truck.

RVShare has some good options so I am hoping things work out!

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge