Enlighten me: Why trade-in Raptor for Tremor?

Seems like the most prominent choice in the Raptor world will be the 3.5 EB TT with Powerboost making 600+hp at insane torque levels
I was thinking the V8 would be unless it’s a $10k option.

yeah no kidding. the supercharged 5.2 doesn't make sense as I think they would like to keep that unique to the GT500 but maybe a tuned version of the 7.3 would be cool. The power numbers for the Tremor are conservative. no reason why that engine couldn't make 800 hp. I though tit would have been too big and clunky for a raptor but someone here mentioend it isn't that much heavier than the 3.5

I don’t see anyway the 7.3l would fit under the hood of a F150, this engine is HUGE. I think if Dodge would put their flagship performance engine in a truck why wouldn’t Ford do the same. Other option is the Ford GT ecoboost but I would not be interested. Honestly, it would take more than just an engine to go back to the Raptor, Ford Performance left the SVT roots with the GEN2. I need some real Baja thinking to bring me back.

GEN1 “Born in Baja” GEN2 “regurgitated in a millennial’s mother’s basement”.

Last edited:
I don’t see anyway the 7.3l would fit under the hood of a F150, this engine is HUGE. I think if Dodge would put their flagship performance engine in a truck why wouldn’t Ford do the same.
I don’t see why the 7.3L would not fit the F150. The Superduty is using the same cab as the F150. The modular 5.0L takes up a huge amount of room with the overhead cam design and is in the F150. Shoot there is already somebody that fit the 7.3L in a Fox body Mustang. The 7.3L is fairly compact for its displacement.

With the original intent of the 7.3L being a heavy service engine makes me think the performance geared 5.2L would be the more likely candidate in the Raptor to compete with the TRX. The 7.3L has already been modified up to near 800HP without boost so the potential is there. But, with the Fed fuel economy standards the F150 has to meet the 5.2L may make more sense over the 7.3L. I hope that Ford does a V8 Raptor of some variation. Dare I wish for a V8 powered Raptor Bronco.

Yep - the Tremor is an epic towing machine that can go off road. The Raptor is an epic off road machine that can tow - but not very well (unless you like your nose in the air). I’m trading my Raptor for a 7.3 Tremor next week. Loved the Raptor & Raptor school - but really don’t need the Baja and jumping capabilities. My RZR Turbo takes the beatings on the trails here in CO. Plus, we’ll be towing a 28’ ATC Toy Hauler - so a no brainer decision.

Yep - the Tremor is an epic towing machine that can go off road. The Raptor is an epic off road machine that can tow - but not very well (unless you like your nose in the air). I’m trading my Raptor for a 7.3 Tremor next week. Loved the Raptor & Raptor school - but really don’t need the Baja and jumping capabilities. My RZR Turbo takes the beatings on the trails here in CO. Plus, we’ll be towing a 28’ ATC Toy Hauler - so a no brainer decision.

Welcome to the Raptor converts club :)

Latest Discussions

Back