Engine block heater location???

Anybody have a part number for replacement c clip? I was trying to get the cord out last night. It was cold I snapped the plastic c clip that holds the plug in place.

I tried to search Google but all I found is the replacement cord not the plastic clip

Reactions: ccw
Anybody have a part number for replacement c clip? I was trying to get the cord out last night. It was cold I snapped the plastic c clip that holds the plug in place.

I tried to search Google but all I found is the replacement cord not the plastic clip
I’m thinking of replacing mine with an adel clamp or p-clamp… whatever you want to call then. Just make it a permanent mount. I’m not sure what size to get but I’m guessing maybe a side 10. Measure first if you’re going to do the same. You can get them in stainless and I recommend getting a high temp one. They aren’t rubber or silicone that will just flake away over time. They are made of something else. We use them all the time and I swear they are the only things that last

I’m thinking of replacing mine with an adel clamp or p-clamp… whatever you want to call then. Just make it a permanent mount. I’m not sure what size to get but I’m guessing maybe a side 10. Measure first if you’re going to do the same. You can get them in stainless and I recommend getting a high temp one. They aren’t rubber or silicone that will just flake away over time. They are made of something else. We use them all the time and I swear they are the only things that last
Yeah I don’t know why they make that clip out of plastic. I mean common sense will tell you that if we’re using it in the cold and plastic snaps easy in the cold. Maybe use something besides plastic?

Yeah I don’t know why they make that clip out of plastic. I mean common sense will tell you that if we’re using it in the cold and plastic snaps easy in the cold. Maybe use something besides plastic?
Yeah, that’s what I’m going to do tomorrow actually

That’s the same exact one I just put my cart as well
While you're installing it, take the opportunity to check how the block heater cord is run and potentially move it to a better location. On my truck the block heater cord was in about as vulnerable location as possible. No idea if that was a result of the winch install or not.

Here's my post on it, along with before and after photos to save a click.

305ebe93-7ddb-4d65-b0ad-7b5923a6b7b2-jpeg.37486

454729a6-1471-499d-aa1a-39475e8df85e-jpeg.37489

Found it! Those SOBs never finished the installation. Its bundled and hanging near the passenger front spring. Thanks @Chris21667 your photos helped me track it down.

View attachment 14706
That is sad to see. I'd love to hear what the assembly person had to say about this (assuming Ford even does a review of these types of things). Mistakes happen, but this one just seems dumb. What if you had purchased this vehicle for Arctic use and then you went to plug it in and could not find the plug.

OK, my rant is over. The tavern opens in 17 minutes, so I need to leave...

1 is good.....2 is better. One for the block heater, 1 for a future dual battery tender!

Attachments

• IMG_20210308_182753866.jpg
    IMG_20210308_182753866.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 89
1 is good.....2 is better. One for the block heater, 1 for a future dual battery tender!
If I didn't have an adaptive cruise module on that side of my truck, I would totally do that. Slick!

All of this talk about the Arctic Blast finally made me look for my block heater plug tonight. After several minutes of searching, I was not able to find the plug anywhere. Luckily, I was able to find this thread. That install video was very helpful. I managed to find the foil wrapped cord in the passenger side wheel well. I followed that cord forward and then had to get under the truck to investigate further. Imagine my sheer and utter joy when I discovered the plug was wedged above the dealer installed factory winch🤦‍♂️ I whispered a bunch of sweet nothings to stay in keeping with the holiday spirit. After a few minutes of frustration, I was able to free Willy! Thank you all for this thread. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas🎅

Last edited:
Back