Engine Air Filter Status Sensor Fault

TurboX1

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 XLT 6.7L F350 Tremor
Switched out some light bulbs which required removal of the air box (‘20 6.7L). After putting everything back, the engine air filter monitor (in the maintenance monitor section) reports says sensor fault and see manual. Checked the manual and it doesn’t say anything about what it means or what to do.
I then reinstalled everything and nothing changed, and reset air filter restriction gauge with no change. Haven’t had any luck searching for a solution elsewhere. Only thing I can think of is that it will reset after I drive it a certain distance. Anyone experienced this or know how to clear it?

Attachments

• D215F2CB-936D-424A-A104-67FA3BB92E4A.jpeg
    D215F2CB-936D-424A-A104-67FA3BB92E4A.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 401
In the link below, someone mentioned "re-seating the air filter"... Take it out, and reinstall it, solved their engine light problem

Switched out some light bulbs which required removal of the air box (‘20 6.7L). After putting everything back, the engine air filter monitor (in the maintenance monitor section) reports says sensor fault and see manual. Checked the manual and it doesn’t say anything about what it means or what to do.
I then reinstalled everything and nothing changed, and reset air filter restriction gauge with no change. Haven’t had any luck searching for a solution elsewhere. Only thing I can think of is that it will reset after I drive it a certain distance. Anyone experienced this or know how to clear it?

Mine has this fault and I have not switched anything out. Dealer says they have never seen nor heard of it. They tried reseting it but no such luck, not sure what our next step will be but they are looking into it and documenting it for warranty since I am closing in on 36k

i believe if you turned the truck on to check the lights with the air box unplugged it just set a code. you should be able to take any real scanner and not just a cheap obd2 reader and clear out the fault. my gmc sets off the maf code everytime i do the same thing.

i believe if you turned the truck on to check the lights with the air box unplugged it just set a code. you should be able to take any real scanner and not just a cheap obd2 reader and clear out the fault. my gmc sets off the maf code everytime i do the same thing.

Not thinking this is going to work here... "Dealer" supposedly cleared mine while in for an oil change and tires... It was back on immediately when starting the truck.

@RyanP Thanks, this did the trick. Checked the codes using FORSCAN and had an APIM code UA100 stating Private Communication Network. I think this is the code that caused it even though the description is vague. Also had three codes (B156E, B156F, B1448 - all lamp output codes) for the rear lights when switching those bulbs out, but I had already switched those and ran the truck for awhile before doing the front without the Air Filter Status Fault showing.

After I cleared them the Air Filter Status showed as OK.

To be clear, this didn't set off a Check Engine Light on the dashboard, it just showed in the Maintenance Monitor section.

Last edited:
I had the same issue mentioned above, System Fault, no check engine light. I also used Forscan, It didn't show any codes but I had it reset codes anyway. After doing this I immediately got the Filter OK message. So even if you don't see any codes they must still be there, reset APIM worked for me as well.

I got this System Fault, after changing rear turn signals to LED bulbs (Which also caused a hyper flashing indicator). So used FORSCAN, cleared the light codes, and set the Rear Turn Signal Out setting to 'disabled' and everything is good.

Just to be certain, I set everything back to default, then placed halogen bulbs back in and had no air filter issue. Replaced with LEDs again, and got the same fault back. So...for what it is worth, re-applied step above and all is good again.

The only lights I fooled with is when I added the raptor style grille lights.... nothing else. I wonder
if doing those may have set mine off like the turn signal bulbs did to you.

Back