Electric Ratchet with a light, what’s everyone using?

Patriot

F 🌲 50
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Tremor Lithium Gray
First Responder
Retired LEO
I am in the market to buy a really decent quality electric ratchet.

Any feedback on what has worked well and reliably for you?

This video was helpful, but would appreciate feedback.
Thanks!

I am still on the compressed air tools. Had an impact gun but it sucked. Was the Dewalt.

I am in the market to buy a really decent quality electric ratchet.

Any feedback on what has worked well and reliably for you?

This video was helpful, but would appreciate feedback.
Thanks!

I have the Milwaukee set and so far they have been great and durable, only had them about a year though..

Milwaukee. Only Milwaukee. Brushless, if available. Once you're in the Milwaukee ecosystem, stay in it. They're wonderful professional-grade tools, unlike DeWalt and other consumer-oriented tools.
That’s what I’ve been hearing for quite sometime now. I’ve got my eye on a few Milwaukee cordless tools now.

Ive used air tools, ryobi, dewalt, milwaukee. Let me tell you, Milwaukee's warrenty is awesome. just drop the tool/ battery off and no questions asked, you get it fixed or new.

This is the first set of 18v tools that ive had that i find myself reaching for them first before my air tools. i only break out my air tools if i need to break a nut that my 650ft lb mid torque wrench cant loosen. which isnt much these days.

I know a lot of contractors that use rigid as well. I was inbetween them, but my wife got me the FUEL brushless line last year for xmas. and i havent been happier. Also for brand, i recommend looking on the Offerup ( used to be letgo) app. I have picked up brand new tools, batteries for way cheaper then buying from the depot. ( now depending on how you stand morally, i have found some that were stolen and they were trying to make a buck. I have tried to stay away from those) but i have found a few for sure and that alone has saved me some big bucks.

Milwaukee. Only Milwaukee. Brushless, if available. Once you're in the Milwaukee ecosystem, stay in it. They're wonderful professional-grade tools, unlike DeWalt and other consumer-oriented tools.
I agree with this. I have 5 or 6 of the different tools that run on the same battery. I don't have the ratchet however.

Completely agree with this ... They always work and never let me down ... And the batteries last forever

I have these Milwaukee's with extended necks to reach those hard to get places. Super handy.
PXL_20210121_002748636.jpg

Milwaukee FUEL hands down.

I just picked up a Mac 3/8 drive 12volt ratchet. It’s made by DeWalt (even though DeWalt doesn’t offer one in there brand) it does use Dewalt batteries. Its rugged and works great. I would recommend it especially if you have other DeWalts.

Thank you Gents!

Milwaukee it is. ????
We appreciate that here in WI. The Milwaukee Tool group is doing well unlike harley D.
At least we still have Mercury kicking ass. In the last few years Milwaukee has really changed the tool industry, lots of new products and tech. Check out the Pack Out boxes.

i have a ton of milwalkee tools, and they are fantastic. I do have a lot of snap on also, and my 12v ratchet is a snap on and it out performed my milwalkee so I sold it. But everything else, impacts and saws as well as drills id never change brands. dewalt is black and decker, they need to stick to toasters...

We appreciate that here in WI. The Milwaukee Tool group is doing well unlike harley D.
At least we still have Mercury kicking ass. In the last few years Milwaukee has really changed the tool industry, lots of new products and tech. Check out the Pack Out boxes.
More about the pack out boxes Brother?
?????????? ??????????

Unrelated note: Project Farm is super helpful and does some awesome non-biased comparison videos. I feel like all the other review channels are biased and sponsored most the time.
I agree 100% ??

More about the pack out boxes Brother?
?????????? ??????????
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Storage-Solutions/PACKOUT

My kid has one, he is a traveling service engineer, they are portable, well made and he uses as his tool chest. He can grab certain boxes and go. Start with the box one with the handle and wheels and you can customize your set up with different size boxes to add to it.

All of the traveling techs are using these now. They aren't really that expensive compared to conventional tool chest. I work out of my shop so I still have the Snap-On chest. but use a smaller one for when I need to grab a few tools and go work off site.

Back