ECO mode mpg on 6.7 diesel

SuperNewbie

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21 F350 6.7 FX4
Current Ride #2
08’ Cayenne S
Has anyone cruised around with ECO mode on, to see the mileage difference? I have 500 miles and currently getting 16.5mpg driving in “normal” mode. And I’m not being mindful about consumption, just driving like I normally drive my other cars. Thanks

Has anyone cruised around with ECO mode on, to see the mileage difference? I have 500 miles and currently getting 16.5mpg driving in “normal” mode. And I’m not being mindful about consumption, just driving like I normally drive my other cars. Thanks
Eco Mode whats that?

To be honest, I forgot it had that mode. I just bought mine last weekend and drove it back from AZ to CA. I got 18.7 running 77 mph and I stopped a few places along the way like lunch and to look at a new trailer. I finished this week doing normal mixed driving highway/city and got 16.7 in normal mode. I just refilled my tank this morning and will run this tank eco mode to see the difference.

LOL, I stoped looking and fill it up at 1/4 tank. The last time I checked I was get 17 mpg, and not much better in eco mode. I’m at 12000 miles.

I cruised around in eco today for maybe 50 miles. Just normal daily drive, hilly backroads and highway. It only changed a tenth of a mile for the 50 I traveled. I’m happy with getting over 16mpg and driving normal, paying no mind.

Side note- has anyone notice the jump in diesel fuel overnight? Went up 5cents over night. Noticed the change with 8 or 9 stations I passed today.

In street traffic about 40% of the time, 60% highways rolling hills, getting 18.3. I am easy on the gas in city traffic, about 75-80 on hwy. not sure how some are getting 16 Mpg?

I use the eco mode driving back and forth to work. Its about 15 miles on flat 2 lane with zero traffic.
When i keep it at 55-60 mph I am maxed on the MPG indicator (30 MPG).
I dont go by MPG but by how many miles to the tank i get.....I'm averaging 580-630 miles per tank = ~18mpg

16.9 mpg on the lie-o-meter with eco mode. I drove over 400 miles in the city and rural roads. I hand calculated the mpg and it was actually 15.6 mpg. So, it’s not off by much and the lie-o-meter can be adjusted with Forscan.
D03695BC-A60F-4C64-8241-622648A35841.jpeg

The next pic is after the refuel and driving the first 40 miles. The avg mpg gauge is very optimistic.
8DBEDFC8-EEF4-4AE6-A044-744AB564AD8C.jpeg

I cruised around in eco today for maybe 50 miles. Just normal daily drive, hilly backroads and highway. It only changed a tenth of a mile for the 50 I traveled. I’m happy with getting over 16mpg and driving normal, paying no mind.

Side note- has anyone notice the jump in diesel fuel overnight? Went up 5cents over night. Noticed the change with 8 or 9 stations I passed today.
The Democrats are good at gradually raising the prices thinking no one will notice

I haven’t paid attention to the mpg results when using ECO mode, but do use this mode intermittently. My observations are that this mode: softens pedal response/modulates heavy acceleration, uses skip-gear logic when accelerating from a stop, and tends to move into 10th gear sooner than Normal mode. Overall, I’m a fan of having it as an option —I’d suspect its impact on mpg is most apparent with non-interstate driving.

I’ve got just under 30k on the clock and only drove in Eco mode once when I was really worried about getting to a station and pulled out all the stops. ?

I don’t really drive mindful of my MPG and do a lot of highway driving with some mixed city each day. I’m averaging 18.6 with 65psi in the stock tires.

I get .5 to 1 mpg better with eco but the regen always kills your mpg every single time it's sad ... But it's life

I get .5 to 1 mpg better with eco but the regen always kills your mpg every single time it's sad ... But it's life
.5 - 1 mpg improvement with ECO sounds about right. The regen’s impact on mpg will be less apparent when hwy driving, or when towing, but I’m pretty impressed with how good the fuel economy has been with the 6.7, even with that kicking in.

So much untapped potential could be realized with a delete (including mileage improvement), but I can’t bring myself to entertain the thought of it until out of warranty.

.5 - 1 mpg improvement with ECO sounds about right. The regen’s impact on mpg will be less apparent when hwy driving, or when towing, but I’m pretty impressed with how good the fuel economy has been with the 6.7, even with that kicking in.

So much untapped potential could be realized with a delete (including mileage improvement), but I can’t bring myself to entertain the thought of it until out of warranty.
I am in the same boat but I go from 23 mpg to 19 mpg when on highway with a regen

Latest Discussions

Back