Early Christmas gift!

DerekC

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Star White 7.3l Platinum Tremor
I got news of an early Christmas gift today, thanks to the Ford tracking site. My new Star White Platinum Tremor has arrived at the dealership today! I tried calling my dealership to confirm delivery and no one answered so I drove over to see if the tracking site was accurate. Sure enough - there she was parked in the lot sitting between two other vehicles that had been delivered at the same time. Now to wait until Thursday to finalize the paperwork.
For ordering reference, I placed the order on 10/2 with my dealer so it took 12 weeks from start-finish. Definitely a longer wait time than usual when I've placed orders in the past, however, production also didn't start until the first week of November which technically (I guess) made it a 7 week wait time.

Attachments

• Tremor1.jpg
    Tremor1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 287
  • Tremor2.jpg
    Tremor2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Tremor3.jpg
    Tremor3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Tremor4.jpg
    Tremor4.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
congrats! it could pass as a Lexus Truck with them white bumpers.

Congrats! Looks awesome! Did you go with the 7.3l?

Congrats and Merry Christmas! Beautiful truck!

Ed

Congrats and Merry Christmas! Beautiful truck!

Ed
Thanks, Ed! I’m looking forward to signing the papers and taking ownership of it! Merry Christmas!

Nice........ just a PDI and detail before the first ride!
Can't wait to get someone's opinion of the 7.3 gasser. Congrats.

Nice........ just a PDI and detail before the first ride!
Can't wait to get someone's opinion of the 7.3 gasser. Congrats.

Thank you! Yes, I am impatiently waiting to try out the new engine to see what kind of performance it puts out!

HOLY MOLY now that's a Christmas present Good Luck Brother

I got news of an early Christmas gift today, thanks to the Ford tracking site. My new Star White Platinum Tremor has arrived at the dealership today! I tried calling my dealership to confirm delivery and no one answered so I drove over to see if the tracking site was accurate. Sure enough - there she was parked in the lot sitting between two other vehicles that had been delivered at the same time. Now to wait until Thursday to finalize the paperwork.
For ordering reference, I placed the order on 10/2 with my dealer so it took 12 weeks from start-finish. Definitely a longer wait time than usual when I've placed orders in the past, however, production also didn't start until the first week of November which technically (I guess) made it a 7 week wait time.
The hood looks great in that 3rd picture.

HOLY MOLY now that's a Christmas present Good Luck Brother

Thanks, Duke! Having it arrive on Christmas Eve was definitely a highlight of Christmas this year for me.

Is your dealership open today? Were you able to bring it home?!

Ed

Sweet looking rig, I too have a 7.3 ordered and will be listening for your thoughts on that power plant and the 10 spd. thanks ??

I just returned home with the new truck! I think I had a smile ear to ear the whole ride home. Feeling a little overwhelmed with all the functions the truck has, but that’s all a learning process and will come soon (plus my patience level is low tonight while I battle a nasty cold and fever, but I couldn’t wait to pick the truck up..). My salesman was very thorough walking me through all the features and functions - some are the same or very similar to what my ‘13 Platinum has. My ‘13 has the 6.2l engine which is quick in itself, but I could definitely feel a big difference In power and torque with the new 7.3l engine. I haven’t had a chance to really test out the engine to it’s full potential. I’ll definitely have more time in the next couple days to put more miles on her to give a better overall perspective of the truck. The little amount I did drive tonight, I was surprised by the very little road noise from the tires (my Nitto 35’s on my F150 are louder), the cab was quiet and the suspension felt good over all types of road surfaces I hit. All in all the ride was very comfortable. The transmission shifted very smoothly. I did notice a clunk when it was downshifting from probably 3rd-2nd while coming to a stop, however, it may have been a reaction of me giving it some gas in between the gearshift.
Sorry, not very much info to share as of yet. I’ll post more updates when I get some miles on the road the next couple days. In the meantime, I’m popping a couple Tylenols and going to bed!

Attachments

• 65B8B235-D19D-46B5-82C6-90EFDD1AE3C8.jpeg
    65B8B235-D19D-46B5-82C6-90EFDD1AE3C8.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 1DD3CE3C-C3FE-4BF2-94EA-D7AD2F3387E7.jpeg
    1DD3CE3C-C3FE-4BF2-94EA-D7AD2F3387E7.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 5DAF7247-0522-45AD-8851-23AF1F8AC5F7.jpeg
    5DAF7247-0522-45AD-8851-23AF1F8AC5F7.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 101
Derek, that's awesome. Can't believe the dealer turned it over to you the same day. Curious how easy it is getting in and out of for an old man with bad knees. Good luck with the cold.
Leogeo

I hope I like the paint on my King Ranch as much. Your's is gorgeous!

Ed

Thanks for the quick write up Derek, and congrats once again! The truck looks super tough at night. Hope you get over the cold quick, that's no fun this time of year.

Derek, that's awesome. Can't believe the dealer turned it over to you the same day. Curious how easy it is getting in and out of for an old man with bad knees. Good luck with the cold.
Leogeo

I was surprised the dealer got it out that fast too. I got a call around 8:30 this morning from the GM saying it arrived and that they would have it ready to go by early afternoon and they came through on their promise. As far as getting in and out - I’m 6ft tall and it’s not hard getting in or out, but my wife is 5’2” and she could probably make good use of a step stool to help get in and out... haha.. However, we have both been accustomed to the retractable power running boards on my old F-150 platinum which seemed to fold down further than the fixed running boards on the new Tremor.

Latest Discussions

Back