Dust stained plastic - Fix/Suggestions

Relentless007

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Tremor 6.7L Lariat, Silver Spruce
Current Ride #2
1997 F-250 OBS 7.3L CCSB 4x4
I have my tuck ceramic coated, glass and paint are easy to get and keep clean. However the black plastic on the rear bumper bugs me because it sucks up dust and has a brown tint to it. Any suggestions on removing the dust tint and keeping it off?
I was thinking of using Cerakote Trim kit once I got the dust stains out.
I live down 3 miles of private dirt road so this is an ongoing battle for me.

It can be a pain in the ass keeping that clean. I spray mine down with purple power degreaser and let it soak a few minutes then hit it with the pressure washer. Then spray something like 303 protectant to keep the black looking fresh.

Have you tried any of the dura dressing type or product? I would try Dura Dressing or shine armor

How does the ceramic do with the dust from the road. I also live on gravel and have been considering a ceramic coat to make it easier to clean

i got some of the suggested products to try on the plastic, just haven't had time yet.

@Cropgun Dust doesn't really stick to it, once you get on the road and up to speed 98% of it blows right off. Only trouble spot is on the tailgate because its out of the windstream. As long as you don't let heavy mud dry on it, everything will just rinse of with a hose. Only extra step i do is blowing the water off so it doesn't water spot because we have very hard well water.

My rear bumper does this, and I remember reading this thread long ago thinking - weird. Welp, not so weird. I’m shocked at how hard it is to clean the plastic on the top of the bumper.

And updated tricks to mention?

Back