Duratracs mountain snowflake rated?

I've read multiple times that the factory duratracs are snowflake rated but I can't find the symbol on the tire sidewall. Am I missing something? 285/75/18 126Q

2022 tremor fyi
There was another thread somewhere that was discussing this. Appears something changed between model years or something.

Lots of folks with tires that do have the mountain snowflake, but my truck also doesn't (22MY). IIRC from that thread, all the folks with the mountain snowflake have trucks that are 20MY and/or 21MY.

There was another thread somewhere that was discussing this. Appears something changed between model years or something.

Lots of folks with tires that do have the mountain snowflake, but my truck also doesn't (22MY). IIRC from that thread, all the folks with the mountain snowflake have trucks that are 20MY and/or 21MY.
Here's the thread. Scroll backwards from the post I linked to:

My 21 has the snowflake symbol. I wonder if it has anything to do with being in a cold weather state?

I'm not in a cold weather State.

It seems to be model year dependent, so yet another example of Ford's recent cost-cutting measures.

I'm not in a cold weather State.

It seems to be model year dependent, so yet another example of Ford's recent cost-cutting measures.
I don’t see how it’s a cost cutting measure unless the tires also changed? My understanding is that the tire manufacturer has to pay for certification once per model.

So did the tires materially change?

The compound is different, so the material is necessarily different.
I'm not speaking authoritatively, but any time a performance certification is removed, one can reasonably assume there is an accompanying cost reduction to Ford.

I just sold my factory take-off's and the only thing the buyer cared about was that mountain logo.

The compound is different, so the material is necessarily different.
I'm not speaking authoritatively, but any time a performance certification is removed, one can reasonably assume there is an accompanying cost reduction.

I just sold my factory take-off's and the only thing the buyer cared about was that mountain logo.
True. Well, I just sent a message to GoodYear about it. Will update this thread when I hear back (they said to allow 48 hours for a response).

So for those of use in Canada that get a discount with winter tires installed, these will no longer work even though they're the same tire. Kinda pissed as I was expecting to not buy a second set of everything for winter..... Wonder if there is any change at all to the tire itself or not.

So for those of use in Canada that get a discount with winter tires installed, these will no longer work even though they're the same tire. Kinda pissed as I was expecting to not buy a second set of everything for winter..... Wonder if there is any change at all to the tire itself or not.

Sincerely though... It's not the same tire any more than an E rated tire differs from an F.
I legitimately do not know Ford's reasoning, but that is why the first place my mind went was cost-cutting; same as the decreasing paint quality and QA processes, the removal of under-hood and interior lights such as the cup holders, the ever-cheapening leather, loss of articulating headrests, the violent stepped wave coming from that inverter, the plastic pan and cheap components in the transmission, and that suspension which is good enough, but not good.

I'm not assuming Ford is unique in this regard, but the company is not doing well and as a result, I'm already $14,000 into replacing subpar components on my $75,000 2021 Superduty with 1500 miles.

Last edited:
My 2022 does not show the snowflake either. But, the Goodyear website still shows this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-135622_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-135622_Samsung Internet.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 146
My 2022 does not show the snowflake either. But, the Goodyear website still shows this:
Yep. That's exactly what I called out in my message to GoodYear. Really curious to hear what they have to say.

I've read multiple times that the factory duratracs are snowflake rated but I can't find the symbol on the tire sidewall. Am I missing something? 285/75/18 126Q

2022 tremor fyi
Does this mean that your tires are more likely to offend someone as well? Perhaps they will suddenly encroach on some peoples’ “safe space.”🤔

Back