Dual Stabilizers Up Front

That is my plan for my stock tremor with 35 x 12.50s Is this an easy up install or should I just pay my alignment guy to put it on to make sure I have full movement each direction ?

Will this make it hard to steer or counter steer? What are your thoughts on the King products? I was thinking Fox.
Its a pretty easy install, just take measurements of the shocks when installed and make them equal. You will feel them at first as a little more stiff but soon that goes away, i went with Fox i think the Kings are awesome but overkill for what i do.

From the PMF website:

“PMF is proud to offer our dual opposed steering stabilizer kit for 2005-2020 Ford F-250/350 4x4 trucks (does not include WideTrack equipped vehicles). This kit is entirely bolt on with your choice of stabilizer options! With the ability to mount the stabilizer shocks above or below the center mount this can be used on both stock height and lifted trucks alike. You will notice a smoother steering wheel and less road input when hitting potholes and road imperfections. The decreased shock load on steering and track bar components will help longevity of all of these pieces.

This kit is gusseted both top and bottom to give a solid center mount. To which Bilstein 5100 series dampeners are mounted. There are two mounting options for the stabilizer. They can either be mounted below or above the center mount. This allows the kit to work on stock height trucks or above on lifted trucks to give the most possible ground clearance. This keeps the shocks away from road debris and obstacles. The outer mounts are built from heavy duty 3/8" plate to prevent them from deforming when tightening down the ubolts.”

If BDS doesn’t respond soon, I’m cancelling my order and going with PMF.

PMF has a King shock option also

Have you seen the remarks from BDS about "not enough clearance" for the dual stabilizer? Is this your truck (in the pic) and if so is yours lifted any? Do you have any problem?
It has the Fox BDS pintop front lift, around 2 1/2 inches.

I got the same, works on lifted or non lifted, you just flip the bracket.
Would I need to flip the bracket with basic leveling kit 1.5-2.5? How do you like it?

Last edited:
I’ll let you know as soon as my tremor shows up, just have a garage full of parts now lol
Ha. Just waiting on mine too. Are you adding a leveling kit, or shocks?

Ha. Just waiting on mine too. Are you adding a leveling kit, or shocks?
I bought the PMF 2 inch rear blocks but I’m undecided if I’m going to use them. Depends how the truck sits with my tractor or Polaris ranger on back.I’m not gonna level it just to pay for airbags or sumo springs.

I bought the PMF 2 inch rear blocks but I’m undecided if I’m going to use them. Depends how the truck sits with my tractor or Polaris ranger on back.I’m not gonna level it just to pay for airbags or sumo springs.
Makes sense.

I have the PMF kit with dual bilsteins....8000 miles or so....really like the improved steering and it looks cool

I have the PMF kit with dual bilsteins....8000 miles or so....really like the improved steering and it looks cool
Do you have a leveling kit installed, too? Does the dual stabilizer set up make the steering overly stiff, at first? Do you leave the stock stabilizer in place?

Do you have a leveling kit installed, too? Does the dual stabilizer set up make the steering overly stiff, at first? Do you leave the stock stabilizer in place?
It does not affect steering (mine is NOT adaptive)...other than a little slow back to center. I left the stock stabilizer in place. And the PMF kit can use Bilstein Fox or King shocks. Suspension is stock Tremor...but the PMF kit will go on stock-8" lifts. It is beautifully powder coated and super heavy duty. It did not make the steering stiff....it did take all the feedback I got from bumps and potholes out of the steering wheel. When I hit something now...I ONLY feel it in my @ss. Did the install in my driveway, which took an hour. I am a fat 63 year old who is no mechanic....install was a piece of cake. Have a couple of torgue wrenchs...one for light loads and one that will go to 100.

Attachments

• PMF_SS_Ctr.jpg
    PMF_SS_Ctr.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 153
  • PMF_SS_Pass.jpg
    PMF_SS_Pass.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 154
It does not affect steering (mine is NOT adaptive)...other than a little slow back to center. I left the stock stabilizer in place. And the PMF kit can use Bilstein Fox or King shocks. Suspension is stock Tremor...but the PMF kit will go on stock-8" lifts. It is beautifully powder coated and super heavy duty. It did not make the steering stiff....it did take all the feedback I got from bumps and potholes out of the steering wheel. When I hit something now...I ONLY feel it in my @ss. Did the install in my driveway, which took an hour. I am a fat 63 year old who is no mechanic....install was a piece of cake. Have a couple of torgue wrenchs...one for light loads and one that will go to 100.
Awesome reply.... thanks!!!

Another vote for the PMF Kit! I did the kit and went with the Fox shocks. Easy install, it works and it looks great!!

Attachments

• 3F6A80B6-2BB3-401A-B58A-411F258E3230.jpeg
    3F6A80B6-2BB3-401A-B58A-411F258E3230.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 5D1FCAA0-FDD6-4846-9AC4-CA871C2E82E5.jpeg
    5D1FCAA0-FDD6-4846-9AC4-CA871C2E82E5.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 134
Another vote for the PMF Kit! I did the kit and went with the Fox shocks. Easy install, it works and it looks great!!
Did the fox shocks not come with covers to keep dirt and road grime off?

Can you verify the part number on those Bilstein shocks? Is it 33-170794? Thanks!!

Back