Dual Stabilizers Up Front

Hondo68

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2018 Toyota Tundra TRD4x4
Anybody got these & if so, are the even necessary? I’m not seeing many owners with these installed.

Dual stabilizers are designed for lifted trucks. There's some guys here with Carli kits that have dual stabilizers.

This ones off my 2018 Platinum Diesel, just got on my new one i for my KR Tremor coming next month, Always my first upgrade, handling on and offroad is night and day. Plus KING quaility is top shelf!
IMG_2205.jpg

I have the BDS kit on order....your truck doesn't have to be lifted to use the stabilizers.

MB

I have the dual BDS Fox units on mine. My opinion only is this style can help prevent the death wobble and helps take some of the impact of catching stuff with a tire off road.
BDS 3.JPG

What are yalls thoughts on the carli diff skid plate with low mount stabilizer along with a stabilizer up top?

I have the dual BDS Fox units on mine. My opinion only is this style can help prevent the death wobble and helps take some of the impact of catching stuff with a tire off road.View attachment 13393
Agreed. The steering feels very "active" on the interstate, especially where there are ruts worn into the lanes from big trucks. My goal with the dual stabilizer is to settle that "active" feel down.

MB

Agreed. The steering feels very "active" on the interstate, especially where there are ruts worn into the lanes from big trucks. My goal with the dual stabilizer is to settle that "active" feel down.

MB
I run the Kelderman dual set up and it calmed the truck down a good bit. Very happy with the results.

Kelderman

I run the Kelderman dual set up and it calmed the truck down a good bit. Very happy with the results.

Kelderman
Yessir, had the same "active" feel in my Raptor and the stabilizers tamed it nicely. Steering felt incredibly positive after....

MB

This ones off my 2018 Platinum Diesel, just got on my new one i for my KR Tremor coming next month, Always my first upgrade, handling on and offroad is night and day. Plus KING quaility is top shelf!
View attachment 13385
Can you provide details where you ordered it from? Also, is there any other hardware that is needed?

I have the BDS kit on order....your truck doesn't have to be lifted to use the stabilizers.

MB

Perhaps not, but this is taken right from BDS website:

"Requires 2"+ of lift for sufficient clearance."

Perhaps not, but this is taken right from BDS website:

"Requires 2"+ of lift for sufficient clearance."

I spoke to them via FB Messenger and mentioned my truck is stock height. The part numbers recommended are the same ones that make up the kit they offer. Also, the Tremor comes from the factory with a two inch lift as a standard feature in the suspension.

MB

Can you provide details where you ordered it from? Also, is there any other hardware that is needed?
I ordered it from these guys as they had it in stock after a huge search, I believe they are close to KING facility. Comes with all mounting hardware, please specify for 2017+ hardware which is a slightly longer mounting bolt. you will need a $17 Harbor Frieght puller tool or this seperator to remove the stock one, I bought both tools to make sure, takes about 20 minutes to install.

Last edited:
Which puller works easier? Just need one or the other?

What would be a good/recommended all around setup to help with strengthening the steering stability for everyday drive plus pulling a fifth wheel?

I reached out to BDS as to whether this will work on a stock suspension Tremor:

"Thank you for contacting BDS Suspension. This dual stabilizer will have clearance issues on the tremor. It has to have more than 2 inches of lift. The reason we say this is our lifts that have more than 2” of lift come with extended bump stops so you will not have clearance issues with other suspensions part and the dual stab. Please let me know if you have any more questions."

"Thank you for contacting BDS Suspension. This dual stabilizer will have clearance issues on the tremor. It has to have more than 2 inches of lift. The reason we say this is our lifts that have more than 2” of lift come with extended bump stops so you will not have clearance issues with other suspensions part and the dual stab. Please let me know if you have any more questions."
It's always a good move to contact the company to help figure it out. I was actually going to order this. But I can't increase the lift on mine or it definitely won't fit in the garage. Thank you.

Very interesting....I received a different response and placed an order. My order hasn’t shipped yet, so I reached back out to them via email and pasted your post above. Will figure out what’s going on and can cancel my order if need be.

Thanks for posting this.

MB

Very interesting....I received a different response and placed an order. My order hasn’t shipped yet, so I reached back out to them via email and pasted your post above. Will figure out what’s going on and can cancel my order if need be.

Thanks for posting this.

MB

I'll be curious to see what they tell you as well! If it does work, I'll be ordering one.

Back