Dual batteries

Walnutz

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 7.3L Lariat sport
Just wondering what the main purpose of this option is on the 7.3L? Is it designed to be able to run more lights and plug in chargers etc while not draining the main starting battery? If you need to jump start the truck can either be used? I received this option at no cost by mistake so wanting to get an understanding as to how it works. Thanks!

Chris21667

Stilling Recovering my Jeeps, with Tremor power
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 6.7 Blue Jean - 2012 F150 5.0 - 2018 Ford Edge 2.0
Current Ride #2
00 and 99 Jeep XJ Inline 4.0L
Just wondering what the main purpose of this option is on the 7.3L? Is it designed to be able to run more lights and plug in chargers etc while not draining the main starting battery? If you need to jump start the truck can either be used? I received this option at no cost by mistake so wanting to get an understanding as to how it works. Thanks!
yes run lights, winches, whatever really but do you have the 397 amp alternator as well? because if so.... mostly thats great... but i would use the main right on the passenger side because that where everything is set up to but it would be a good test to see if there is any difference.... it will also you to leave light on without the truck being on as you have dual batteries normal one battery you would have maybe a hour with 2 batteries you have 2 hours don't go off that but just using as a example

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge