DRW tailgate light on a SRW

I was able to do the same with with ID bar under the tailgate, building a harness off the 7 pin trailer harness, and tapping for the running lights (I also got a trigger for the reverse lights as well).

Using that, and a Deutch connector (what the factory uses), and wired it up to a brighter OEM appearing aftermarket ID bar:

And produced the same results. I'm away from my truck - but here's a terrible picture to get you by until I return home for a better photo.

1647910185454.png

I just did this yesterday with the harness from limitless. There were no instructions provided but not a big deal.
Reference the Arod video above for tying in the red wire in the body harness. Ground already has a ring terminal and there is a spot on the driver side frame rail where a bunch of factory grounds terminate. Took 10 mins.

Could you do it cheaper? Yes. Do I regret buying the harness? Nope. Well made and super easy.
Is the spot on the driver side frame rail by the rear lights? Seems like the plug and play is the fastest way to go, plus it looks professionally done. Thanks...

Is the spot on the driver side frame rail by the rear lights? Seems like the plug and play is the fastest way to go, plus it looks professionally done. Thanks...
I also used the harness and it was a well made piece. Looks like factory

I don't recall it being that far aft. It's roughly in the same spot as the connector you insert the positive pin into on the passenger side frame rail. It's pretty hard to miss, you'll see a bunch of ring terminated wire bundles screwed directly into the frame rail.

I did this modification this past weekend using all the parts from Limitless, and it took me a whole 20 minutes. The most time consuming thing for me, was using zip-ties to clean up the wiring.

View attachment 31830I too followed the same directions from the you tube site, came out great
Hey buddy, I like the look of your mini taillight. Is this the one you purchased?

Yes it is! I get a lot of positive comments on it because it deviates from the norm.

Looks like they literally just came out.

Brand new product. Good in stock and on sale too for another few days. We've got one coming for our F250. Hoping to have pictures and a review done here shortly. This light also features an integrated brake light function if you choose to tap into your brake light wiring for that extra functionality.

This thread was the inspiration for the lights I put on my truck. Thanks for everybody for the ideas, especially the Limitless harness.

Brand new product. Good in stock and on sale too for another few days. We've got one coming for our F250. Hoping to have pictures and a review done here shortly. This light also features an integrated brake light function if you choose to tap into your brake light wiring for that extra functionality.

That is literally one feature i felt OEM dually bar was missing.

I’m working with someone to make a plug and play harness for it. Once we get it working then I’m going to do another giveaway.
Do you know the terminal connector part number? There seems to be may options and the ford connector doesn’t list what female terminal is used.

Does anyone know is this a brake light also ??or just a ID light
OEM is strictly a clearance light; will not change brightness when braking. It's there on the dually's for legal compliance due to their extra width.

On the other hand, the Morimoto linked above can optionally act as a brake light:
BRAKE LIGHT: For increased safety, the XB LED center marker light also includes a brake light function. This wiring can be easily tapped into the stock brake light wiring on your truck if desired.

OEM is strictly a clearance light; will not change brightness when braking. It's there on the dually's for legal compliance due to their extra width.

On the other hand, the Morimoto linked above can optionally act as a brake light:

@BroncoHooves should have patented his modification to the DRW light... :p

Back