Drop Step for Tremor Running Board to Help Out My 4' 10" Wife

Mach'er

Race Red Slappy
Reaction Points
Military
Army Veteran
Current Ride
20MY Tremor (250 Lariat)
Alrighty. She gave it a go, and says it's not absolutely required. But, I did see her getting in. And, yeah, I need to do something to help my short wife out. I think 4' 10" is being maybe a hair generous.

I did see a picture on our forum here of someone who added a drop step, or a "U" step to the bottom of their running board. But, of course, now I cant find it.

So, I'm looking for help. I'm NOT looking to change to power steps, nor swapping out the OEM Tremor running board for anything else. I just want to add a drop step for her to use when getting in the truck.

Any suggestions, or does anyone know what thread that picture was in? Or, even better, is that Tremor's owner an active user - and by chance if you're reading this can you share what you did?

I think funding for any other mods is on hold till this is addressed, so it just became my #1 priority. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks.

I just told " modified " happy wife happy life

so you got to figure it out.

I too remember seeing that post a while back, but don't remember where. I have seen people bolt steps like these to the running board for extra reach:

I also saw a truck with a saddle stirrup bolted to it.

Hope this helps some.

Alrighty. She gave it a go, and says it's not absolutely required. But, I did see her getting in. And, yeah, I need to do something to help my short wife out. I think 4' 10" is being maybe a hair generous.

I did see a picture on our forum here of someone who added a drop step, or a "U" step to the bottom of their running board. But, of course, now I cant find it.

So, I'm looking for help. I'm NOT looking to change to power steps, nor swapping out the OEM Tremor running board for anything else. I just want to add a drop step for her to use when getting in the truck.

Any suggestions, or does anyone know what thread that picture was in? Or, even better, is that Tremor's owner an active user - and by chance if you're reading this can you share what you did?

I think funding for any other mods is on hold till this is addressed, so it just became my #1 priority. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks.
Good luck finding something. I have also wondered if one could fab up a folding step under the factory step to help shorter people in without sacrificing the higher clearance and need to swap out to power boards.

Have to keep the boss happy. For me it was dampened tailgate and the extra cup holder for the bench seat. Not expensive but without them no chance of getting anything else. A step option would get some bonus points with her.

I too remember seeing that post a while back, but don't remember where. I have seen people bolt steps like these to the running board for extra reach:

I also saw a truck with a saddle stirrup bolted to it.

Hope this helps some.
Thanks. That's not what I had pictured in my head, but thanks for the link. I'll keep in mind.

Good luck finding something. I have also wondered if one could fab up a folding step under the factory step to help shorter people in without sacrificing the higher clearance and need to swap out to power boards.

Have to keep the boss happy. For me it was dampened tailgate and the extra cup holder for the bench seat. Not expensive but without them no chance of getting anything else. A step option would get some bonus points with her.
Did you install the dampener? I can't believe that's not standard on all but XL.

I've been looking at the bedside step thing, that is for the front side of the pickup bed (behind the running board). It extends and retracts manually. I have wondered if that could be mounted to the running board instead, with some sort of fabricated bracket. But then, I'm not sure how you'd retract it after getting in.

That led me to just think a U drop step like in the earlier thread.

Thanks.
This is why I switched my order to the power steps. I had to drive a ways to find a Tremor on the lot and tried the raptor syle steps. I was ok getting in but felt like jumping off a cliff when getting out.
I'm a little vertically challenged....not 4' 10" ? but can feel for your misses!

Found it:

Yes. That's it! Thanks. It really looks like he drilled and bolted those right to the running board. Hmm... Okay. Time to hit Google.

Did you install the dampener? I can't believe that's not standard on all but XL.

I've been looking at the bedside step thing, that is for the front side of the pickup bed (behind the running board). It extends and retracts manually. I have wondered if that could be mounted to the running board instead, with some sort of fabricated bracket. But then, I'm not sure how you'd retract it after getting in.

That led me to just think a U drop step like in the earlier thread.
I did install the damper, seems odd to have to install on a Lariat but have to get up to the Ultimate package with the electronic tailgate release before it becomes a factory installed thing.

The installed step below the factory one that WA-TREMOR installed looks nice but I wonder how much time it would take to remove and reinstall. I would have probably had clearance issues driving around today.

I like the way the rhino steps looked so t drilled some holes and bolted the on, hope this helps anyone that wants to keep the OEM LOOK.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 19EC5633-0375-427E-86B4-877BC7F39878.jpeg
    19EC5633-0375-427E-86B4-877BC7F39878.jpeg
    648.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 08AAFC2E-4739-4542-AE26-AF24A5C1181E.jpeg
    08AAFC2E-4739-4542-AE26-AF24A5C1181E.jpeg
    556.4 KB · Views: 241
  • 19A3A275-B384-4BA5-B0DE-F4284840C216.jpeg
    19A3A275-B384-4BA5-B0DE-F4284840C216.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 244

Thanks.
Here you go:

I like the way the rhino steps looked so t drilled some holes and bolted the on, hope this helps anyone that wants to keep the OEM LOOK.

Do they stick out past the stock running boards?

I’m not sure about the steps, I may have to go to a taller wife!
Sounds more expensive than hiring someone to follow you around with a sep ladder to make it easier for your wife to get in and out with :ROFLMAO:.

We have 3 of those strategically located around the house! Two that height, and one that's taller. Along with a couple regular step stools.

?
Just don't let her focus on the 300 lb capacity. She might think you're calling her fat! I know my wife would hone in right on that part.

Back