Drop hitch length.

What is the proper length for an adjustable drop hitch for the Tremor?

• 5”

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6”

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 7”

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sludgemonkey44

Cutting It Loose In My Silver Spruce
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 F250 Super Duty Tremor Lariat Ultimate BAP
Current Ride #2
2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days
I’ve spent hours on this site researching what drop hitch to purchase. I’m narrowing down manufacturers, but I’m torn on how much of a drop I’ll need. I’m looking for the most versatility with the least chance of ground drag. No offense to any non or soon to be Tremor owners, but I’m looking for votes from actual owners who have actually purchased said length and have an opinion based on that. Thanks everyone!

Smart.

I purchased my drop before delivery. I got the 3" shank right but the 5" drop is just a bit short for my shorter ATV / lawn mower trailer. Its a short trailer and the trailer is not level (makes it hard to load my lawn mowers). So my recommendation is the 7" with adjustable settings. I don't think it's too long but I am one of those people who remove it when not towing.
The 5" of drop is great for my longer trailers.

If you go taller tires and lift kit you will need to add drop accordingly.

This mostly applies to your individual application as various trailers require different drop lengths. The 7" B&W hitch seems to cover my needs. Works for towing the bass boat, a large utility (landscape style) trailer, and a few other enclosed cargo trailers. I should point out that I typically do not keep the hitch on when not towing. On my previous F350, I used a 6" drop and it did the job. With the Tremor height the 7" provided a better all-around solution for me.

I will add that I have no intentions of leaving it in while not towing if that helps to clarify. ?

Ordered a hitch with a 9inch drop. I performed measurements as mentioned in this video the B&W published.

I will add that I have no intentions of leaving it in while not towing if that helps to clarify. ?
I just bring that up because of an incident my wife had with her brand new SRT8 Challenger. She was at a stop sign ( 4 way) The dipstick idiot lady in front of her in a suburban decided to back up and she did so in a rushed manor. Her receiver ball went right thru the front facia of the Challenger and damaged the radiator. Was 100% her fault we got repaired free, rental car free, but just the hassle of it all due to stupid drivers. Often people keep them in thinking they will F up someones car if they get rear ended but it can mess up their cars, takes up more garage space and I hope they rack their shins on it.
bumper srt8.jpeg

This mostly applies to your individual application as various trailers require different drop lengths. The 7" B&W hitch seems to cover my needs. Works for towing the bass boat, a large utility (landscape style) trailer, and a few other enclosed cargo trailers. I should point out that I typically do not keep the hitch on when not towing. On my previous F350, I used a 6" drop and it did the job. With the Tremor height the 7" provided a better all-around solution for me.
I also have the B&W 7” and it is about perfect for my lower trailers. It does hang down quite a bit so will take it out when things get rough off-road.

Back