Rock Taxi

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited
I have looked at videos and have tried to get my Popeye arms behind the seat, but I cannot feel the nub that releases the seat. Anyone have any 2020 picture to validate that the 2017-19 videos I have found are still accurate on the release mechanism?

Ed

Same issue here, can’t get my sausage fingers on the release to lower the seat back.

Get you a wrench, 1/2” or whatever size is long enough to reach the little bolt thing that pokes out on the left side of the latch. Pull up and the seat will fold down.
also can go to built rite industries and watch their install video and see how he does it.

I found the issue. My forearms are too big to get far enough down to feel the latch I need to get a wrench on to release the seat back. I got a slightly smaller neighbor and they felt the nub immediately, and could get a wrench on it, and it opened immediately.

It is important to note, the release is in-between the brackets, not outside of the brackets towards the middle of the truck like you might assume from the picture.

It's the same as previous years as the photo below shows. I will share a bit of disappointment - with the BO sound system and subwoofer, there isn't much room back there for more stuff. I figure my winch controllers will live back there, and maybe a few other infrequently used odds and ends.

Ed

Seat_Latch.jpg

Yeah it's a b1tch getting a finger back there. I didnt know that the B&O system/sub took up all the room.

Save yourself the headache and buy this. I’ve have it for 3 years on three different trucks. Make opening the seat as simple as the passenger side.

Ordered. I can't carry skinny armed neighbors everywhere I go.

Ed

Thanks for the picture @Rock Taxi. Is this the nub that needs to be pulled? Pulled UP?

And is that nub on the drivers side of the bracket (I can't tell which side is up in the picture)? Other than finding skinny arms, you're making this easy for the rest of us. Time to order a red Built Rite thing.

Attachments

• F0095C5A-D2D3-44F9-B0EE-48E863E83225.jpeg
    F0095C5A-D2D3-44F9-B0EE-48E863E83225.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 204
Yes, that is the piece that needs to be pulled up - the opposite direction of the red arrow - or towards the headrest.

It is in the middle of the brackets it clips into, towards the middle of the truck (or passenger side).

Ed

Yes, that is the piece that needs to be pulled up - the opposite direction of the red arrow - or towards the headrest.

It is in the middle of the brackets it clips into, towards the middle of the truck (or passenger side).

Ed
Cool. Thanks!

Like others have said, order the part from BuiltRight. It’s easy to install and a hell of a lot easier to drop the seat than without it.

As far as without it, I saw it mentioned above ... just use a box end wrench to grab the catch. If you raise the bottom of the seat slightly it will actually pull the back away from the cab and grant a little more room.

Here is what it looks like.

Ed

View attachment 3667

Thanks for the photos and description. I was able to get it with a little effort once I knew what I was feeling for blindly.
BuiltRight release latch is now installed. But like your photo showed, not a lot of extra room with the amp and sub back there.

I ordered and put this in, too. It just seems like a reasonable thing to want to access that area. What if you dropped something down there and needed to fish it out, or needed to clean some kind of mess?

One thing is, I found it difficult to get the seat to secure back to the latch once I had it opened. I had the best success with kinda placing the cross bar somewhere in the middle and slamming it, but it took like four tries. Is there some trick to this?

For the built right seat release. Do i need 2(one for each side)

I ordered and put this in, too. It just seems like a reasonable thing to want to access that area. What if you dropped something down there and needed to fish it out, or needed to clean some kind of mess?

One thing is, I found it difficult to get the seat to secure back to the latch once I had it opened. I had the best success with kinda placing the cross bar somewhere in the middle and slamming it, but it took like four tries. Is there some trick to this?

Yea I had to slam mine really hard to get it to latch, there is an anti rattle plastic piece in the latch mechanism that makes it difficult. Probably wear down with use and get easier, its really not meant be be latched and unlatched often tho...

Does anyone know if they made a change for 2022 so that the driver's side cannot be folded down? I cannot see or feel anything behind the driver's side section of the rear seat. I have fairly skinny arms, but can't get them behind the seat very far and certainly can't get them higher up at all. Looking from the passenger side with a flashlight, I don't see any hardware at all, nor can I feel anything.

Does anyone know if they made a change for 2022 so that the driver's side cannot be folded down? I cannot see or feel anything behind the driver's side section of the rear seat. I have fairly skinny arms, but can't get them behind the seat very far and certainly can't get them higher up at all. Looking from the passenger side with a flashlight, I don't see any hardware at all, nor can I feel anything.
Rear seat on the driver side isn’t meant to fold down. There a release mechanism back there that you can reach with a box wrench. See built right industry videos for details

Rear seat on the driver side isn’t meant to fold down. There a release mechanism back there that you can reach with a box wrench. See built right industry videos for details
Thanks!

Back