Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
Cyber Orange Metallic 2022 Bronco Sport 4x4
So I am driving to work this morning and I got a check engine light, Ford Pass says check the air filter. Also says :

"The powertrain control system has received a signal from the exhaust nitrogen oxide emission sensor that is lower than the expected value for the vehicle operating conditions.
Diesel engine vehicles may indicate that it is operating in derate mode and may experience a loss of power when this condition is present.

Great......First available service appointment: 2 weeks.

prob just a bad sensor.

ridiculous that ford dealerships have 2 week service lead times....fucking dumb. nothing like not taking care of your customers after the sale.

prob just a bad sensor.

ridiculous that ford dealerships have 2 week service lead times....fucking dumb. nothing like not taking care of your customers after the sale.
Luckily the thing still drives ok

I had the same deal. I made an appointment ( there are booked out 9 days)
I removed the air cleaner checked it reinstalled and after a 30 minute drive the light cleared on its own. It stayed off for a 200 mile trip and I called the dealership to cancel the appointment So far still good a week later.

I had the same deal. I made an appointment ( there are booked out 9 days)
I removed the air cleaner checked it reinstalled and after a 30 minute drive the light cleared on its own. It stayed off for a 200 mile trip and I called the dealership to cancel the appointment So far still good a week later.
I drove mine for a while today and it cleared....truck is approaching 10k....might go shopping for a dry performance air filter tonight

I just rolled 2,500 miles and this morning I have the check engine light with the same message!

How do you specifically “reset” the air filter? I just had my check engine turn on today with the same description.
How many miles did you guys have to drive for the check engine light to turn off roughly?
Anyone know what you can do to prevent this from happening, again?

How do you specifically “reset” the air filter? I just had my check engine turn on today with the same description.
How many miles did you guys have to drive for the check engine light to turn off roughly?
I drove about 75-125.....and have 9500 miles on it. Reseat Air filter = take it out....put it back in. I am going to replace mine with an AFE Dry performance filter this week. I also have not cancelled my service appointment yet either.

Just took mine out and reseated it. The check engine light was off when I restarted the truck.

I removed mine made sure there was no dust or particles in it, blew off the element with an air hose and put it all back together. The light did stay on for about 75 miles or so. It self cleared and I have been good to go ever since.
Mine went into a limp mode which prompted me to contact the dealership service department which told me they could not see me for 2 weeks. :mad:
Once the light cleared and remained clear, I gave them a courtesy call and canceled my appointment so somebody else could get in.

I drove about 75-125.....and have 9500 miles on it. Reseat Air filter = take it out....put it back in. I am going to replace mine with an AFE Dry performance filter this week. I also have not cancelled my service appointment yet either.
Can you share the link with the filter you are looking at purchasing?

Can you share the link with the filter you are looking at purchasing?

I ordered it Friday and my order is still "In Process"...….

Thanks for the link. What difference do you suppose this will make?

Does anyone have any recommendation for a quality cold air intake for a 2020 F250 6.7?

Thanks for the link. What difference do you suppose this will make?

Better ai flow, better filtering.....and its cleanable and re-useable

My light came back on Friday on my way up north to bring my 5th wheel home.
I got to my camp site. next morning (Sat) went into town to fuel up and get some meat to burn. Light was still on. Sunday hooked up the 5th wheel and drove it home all the time with the light on. I went extra careful 5 MPH under
got home no troubles. Next day went to take it in to fuel it up and the light has been OFF ever since. Service dept is out 9 days to two weeks so I am not going in unless the light returns back on. I am thinking a bad sensor for the air filter? Also seems to go on in ECO mode ( maybe a coincidence ) But no longer going to ever put it in ECO

Back