Door lock and window switch lights

Hillwalker

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Just noticed this tonight with just over 1,000 miles on the new truck:

The window switch and door lock button lights stay illuminated after locking the truck. Does this sound right? My F150 didn’t do this.

Any tips on how to fix? I’m on a trip and can’t jeapordize a dead battery.

Have you gone back to the truck after a few minutes to check on this to confirm that they do stay on permanently?

I hadn't noticed this...Id like to check but it's pouring right now. Doubt they stay on for too long afterwards, unless there is an actual problem.

Mine stay on for a long time - the ambient lighting in the wireless charging area too. They do eventually time out and turn off. I have not timed how long, but it surprised me one night that they were still on like 5+ minutes after I left the truck.

Ed

Forscan can change how long they are on.
not sure the codes but I did see it somewhere on the forscan pages.

actually if you go to settings you can adjust it without any additional device
So I just noticed the same thing this weekend when we were out camping. After a night of panic, I walked to the central shack where we had wifi and came across this post.

Can you please let me know how to shut this off? I checked the "Settings" menu on the radio and the instrument cluster and could not find anything...

Thanks...

So I just noticed the same thing this weekend when we were out camping. After a night of panic, I walked to the central shack where we had wifi and came across this post.

Can you please let me know how to shut this off? I checked the "Settings" menu on the radio and the instrument cluster and could not find anything...

Thanks...
I was wrong, cant find it my bad

21 Ultimate Lariat
Just tested mine, stayed on for about 10min then shut off.

I have a 2020 f250 and I just noticed tonight for the first time the locks and window lights are staying on. Anyone have a recent update what the cause could be? I don’t believe it’s ever done that

Just noticed this on mine for the first time on my 2022. I just got it updated to new sync. Assumed it was something to do with that. Kinda nice to know it might be normal albeit stupid

Last edited:
Back