Does your AC keep your truck adequately cool on your diesels at regular idle on hot days?

DIG

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 Tremor
Like the title says... got in the truck today and it said it was 105 (not really) after sitting at the airport for a couple days. AC works fine and all that. Went to go pick the dog up from the kennel and left the wife and kids in the truck and it got noticeably warmer in the cab after sitting for only 5 minutes. First time it’s starting to get hot here and truck has only been in cold weather so far.

From my experience with Ford's climate control systems, do not use auto mode when the temperature gets really hot. I believe auto always circulates outside air so it does not get as cold. Manual mode on recycle air makes the best for cooling.

In Florida our A/C systems have 2 settings. Cold with cold air up your ass .. Maybe thats just 1 setting .. Idk, just so long as it's cold.

Do you have the panoramic roof?

This is my first super duty without one, and with ceramic tint on the sides the ac seems to work really well.

The next one I get, if it has the panoramic roof will be getting ceramic tint.

This is my first super duty without one, and with ceramic tint on the sides the ac seems to work really well.

Completely agree. Ceramic tint on all side windows, pano roof, and windshield.

Yes. I have the panoramic roof. Yea it does get hot AF! I have tint on side windows and brow of windshield (not ceramic). No tint on sunroof. I had the pano roof in my f 150 and it was the same....hot AF! Just trying to get a feel for what it’s gonna be like if I leave the dog in the truck. Like if I have it set at 70 but it actually feels like 90 type stuff.

It keeps cool once cool but takes awhile to get cool when you first get in. My takes several minutes for the air to feel cold coming out of vents

From my experience with Ford's climate control systems, do not use auto mode when the temperature gets really hot. I believe auto always circulates outside air so it does not get as cold. Manual mode on recycle air makes the best for cooling.
Just leave in Auto and set to Max. The only difference in Max and regular ac is it goes into Recirc and closes outside air.

Back