Discount % off MSRP - How much did you all manage to get?

lawrence1

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
looking for truvck
Starting to do some homework on finding a Tremor F-350 and was wondering if you all would mind what kind of discount you managed to get off MSRP. If you could specify whether you ordered or bought an inventory unit, that would be helpful as well.

Ideally, I would find a Lariat Sport F350 diesel Tremor in Velocity blue with a MSRP around $76-$77K but they are few and far in between and the few I found are at stores that won't discount. I'm probably looking at a 2021 at this point since 2020 inventory is just about depleted. Hoping to land somewhere in the 8%-9% off of MSRP range but just looking for some input on whether this is doable without a PCO. I have X Plan as well but I know better deals can be had. appreciate any thoughts on this!

X-plan is a couple hundred dollars less than invoice. I called two dealers to do a custom order and both offered invoice with me requesting it.

For me invoice was about $5,400 off MSRP of my build.

Last edited:
I purchased at invoice minus 3%.

Starting to do some homework on finding a Tremor F-350 and was wondering if you all would mind what kind of discount you managed to get off MSRP. If you could specify whether you ordered or bought an inventory unit, that would be helpful as well.

Ideally, I would find a Lariat Sport F350 diesel Tremor in Velocity blue with a MSRP around $76-$77K but they are few and far in between and the few I found are at stores that won't discount. I'm probably looking at a 2021 at this point since 2020 inventory is just about depleted. Hoping to land somewhere in the 8%-9% off of MSRP range but just looking for some input on whether this is doable without a PCO. I have X Plan as well but I know better deals can be had. appreciate any thoughts on this!
I know there are some people pre shutdown that have been able to get in that range without a PCO. Even pre shutdown a little over 7% range was the best I could get before incentives without extremely long travel. For me travel to the areas that quoted a little better were cost and time prohibitive to go get the truck. If you are a good negotiator and don’t mind the travel 8%-9% could be doable before incentives and TTL Will likely take a lot of work on your end to pull that level of deal.

FYI general rule of thumb is 6% lower than sticker is approximately invoice and 3% of that is the holdback so to get that far into holdback need to find a volume focused dealer and hit them up at the correct time. NADA build and price will show sticker and invoice price on your actual build.

I know there are some people pre shutdown that have been able to get in that range without a PCO. Even pre shutdown a little over 7% range was the best I could get before incentives without extremely long travel. For me travel to the areas that quoted a little better were cost and time prohibitive to go get the truck. If you are a good negotiator and don’t mind the travel 8%-9% could be doable before incentives and TTL Will likely take a lot of work on your end to pull that level of deal.

FYI general rule of thumb is 6% lower than sticker is approximately invoice and 3% of that is the holdback so to get that far into holdback need to find a volume focused dealer and hit them up at the correct time. NADA build and price will show sticker and invoice price on your actual build.
Holdback is now 2%.
I paid invoice which is about 6% under msrp and my $2k pco. All told about 9% less than msrp.

I purchased from woodland ford. No idea if you can order at that price again as it just changed ownership.

Welcome to the forum @lawrence1 - I was able to get mine a little less then x-plan pricing. I think it was about $5500 off + the $2500 PCO (private cash offer) coupon from Ford. I had to drive 250 miles to pick it up and it was already on the lot. I couldn't get any type of deal around the Austin area. You definitely have to do some shopping around to find the deals, but they are out there.

Last edited:
Holdback is now 2%.
I paid invoice which is about 6% under msrp and my $2k pco. All told about 9% less than msrp.

I purchased from woodland ford. No idea if you can order at that price again as it just changed ownership.

The new ownership seems to have screwed up the website. Comical. I'll give them a shout once their site is back up and see what they say.

Welcome to the forum @lawrence1 - I was able to get mine a little less then x-plan pricing. I think it was about $5500 off + the $2500 PCO (private cash offer) coupon from Ford. I had to drive 250 miles to pick it up and it was already on the lot. I couldn't get any type of deal around the Austin area. You definitely have to do some shopping around to find the deals, but they are out there.

nice. jealous of all these PCOs you guys are able to score. I tried a few times and came up empty handed.

I got mine for 3% below msrp. Ken Grody Ford in Carlsbad.

I ordered my truck locally and used the Costco program which is supposed to be very close to x plan. I joined the farm bureau for the extra $500 and I got lucky today and received a $2k PCO via email. Dealer also agreed to split his reserve or flat fee (about $1k) with me if i Finance the truck with them.

nice. jealous of all these PCOs you guys are able to score. I tried a few times and came up empty handed.
Go to Mustang of America club and join for 25$. You get a X Plan Pin. There is a no screw around price. But call around first and tell dealers you are going to build a truck and want it below invoice or at the least invoice.
I placed an order for a 2021 F350 Platinum Tremor with just about every option with the winch MSRP just under 94,000$. I got 3,200$ off at first, and agreed to a price. 90,800$ish
I heard the X Plan advice with Mustang of America club on this site and was able to call my dealer and add the X Plan Pin # I was given. It went down to 5,200$ instead of 3,200$. 88,759$.
Now i'm going to try to get a PCO for another 2,500$ off plus any rebates. So dude look at other threads. GOOD LUCK :)

EAA tends to be the better (but more expensive) organization to join to get an Xplan PIN. They occasionally have additional rebates specific to EAA.

I got about 11% off a ~$81k sticker. Best I've seen for pre COVID, non Tremor trucks is about 16% off.

I got mine for invoice.

solid! what dealership, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm friends with sale manager, bought cars from them since 1985. This was probably the largest discount from them, that I have seen.

I got 500 under invoice.

Picking up my iconic 6.7 250 today!!! I got it for invoice minus $1250., which was a 500 first responder discount and a 750 PCO. It seems discounts may also relate to your relationship with the dealer as well as dealer size. My local dealer is small but move a lot of product. My friend is the GM and he tells me he just can't get enough of the 250's. He could have sold my truck all day for msrp. It seems as if the larger dealerships my be able to do better deals? Regardless, have fun in your quest. The chase is always the best.

Just ordered today at invoice.

I have a lariat sport, got about $7k off msrp in June. It had everything I wanted, nothing I didn’t. I wasn’t willing to wait around for a better deal.

Back