Disappointed in aftermarket front bumper choices.

Driftwood

First Tremor on Methods!
Retired Mod ⚒️
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
I've had my Tremor about 3 months now, and continue to scour the internet daily looking for new front bumpers. I'm looking for something more off-road designed, with approach angles in mind. I don't need (or want) a moose/cow killer that so many companies offer.

On my 2018 Raptor I had an Addictive Desert Designs, which had a nice bar light loop to accommodate a 40" radius light bar. I reached out to ADD and their design only works for the 2017-2019 F250, and won't fit the 2020. This is what I was really wanting:

Stealth R.jpg

There's not much else available on the market yet. I've looked literally everywhere. Fab Fours, Road Armor, all over.

I did find 2 that I like, but they are not 100% what I wanted. One is from ADD, the other is from SVC Offroad:

Stealth Fighter.jpg

SVC Offroad.jpg

They both seem to have good approach angles. I like that the ADD can accommodate a 40" bar and has anchors on it. The SVC is a far better price ($2300 vs $1600) but doesn't' look like much for the money.

*sigh*

Hopefully soon there's more choices.

Have you looked at Rogue Racing? They make the only one I like and I tend to what you described.

You referring to this one?

Rogue Racing.png

I saw it but don't care for the light bar loop design. I think it's strange the outside ends are higher, then it dips in. Without the loop, it's decent looking.

I have great hopes for my rear Road Armor Stealth winch bumper, and front Road Armor Stealth winch bumper with Lonestar Guard.

Rear Warn M-8000 winch showed up today and it is re-wired for the in-cab controller. Front Warn 16.5ti winch is a week out, and bumpers about the same. All front and rear Rigid Lights are here, as well as 1/0 cable for the winches.

Can't wait to get all the parts and get this thrown on. Next is water tank, pump, roof rack and roof top tent.

Ed

There's not much else available on the market yet. I've looked literally everywhere. Fab Fours, Road Armor, all over.
*sigh*
Hopefully soon there's more choices.

Not in the market currently but I've also looked and agree...not much in the way of brands to choose from. I feel your pain. I don't do any sort of rock crawling so I'll probably go without increased approach angle. Good luck in your "quest." Perhaps it's best to wait for now.

The major problem here is the corrosive materials they put on the roads in the winter to melt the ice.
It destroys metal surfaces and fasteners. I have Metal Cloak bumpers on my Jeep and they are made very well, have a solid powder coat and dipped fasteners. Still some rust spots. Not a fan but the chrome plating seems to hold up well. Or just sand and repaint every spring.o_O

I’ve heard good things about svc. Also might try to reach out to greg Foutz. He has the cad designs to build anything at his shop. Give him a call.

Completely agree about SVC (and Greg Foutz). They are good peopel. However, SVC doesn't make a bumper yet for the 2020's. We have prodded them to get on it and will continue to.

Completely agree about SVC (and Greg Foutz). They are good peopel. However, SVC doesn't make a bumper yet for the 2020's. We have prodded them to get on it and will continue to.

So that SVC bumper up above wont work for our 2020s?

I wonder what changed between in the 19 and the 20 models, that this won't fit. The same thing happened to the ADD Stealth R bumper.

Can someone explain to me the love of the stealth/hidden winch bumpers? I mean they look cool but if you use the winch much it is a pain in the ass to service and rewind properly

I spent hours looking this weekend, and there's still a serious lack of Pre-runner bumpers for those off us who want an offroad bumper. I thought some options might have opened up by now. :(

Latest Discussions

Back