Disappointed in aftermarket front bumper choices.

I've had my Tremor about 3 months now, and continue to scour the internet daily looking for new front bumpers. I'm looking for something more off-road designed, with approach angles in mind. I don't need (or want) a moose/cow killer that so many companies offer.

On my 2018 Raptor I had an Addictive Desert Designs, which had a nice bar light loop to accommodate a 40" radius light bar. I reached out to ADD and their design only works for the 2017-2019 F250, and won't fit the 2020. This is what I was really wanting:

View attachment 2570

There's not much else available on the market yet. I've looked literally everywhere. Fab Fours, Road Armor, all over.

I did find 2 that I like, but they are not 100% what I wanted. One is from ADD, the other is from SVC Offroad:

View attachment 2571

View attachment 2572

They both seem to have good approach angles. I like that the ADD can accommodate a 40" bar and has anchors on it. The SVC is a far better price ($2300 vs $1600) but doesn't' look like much for the money.

*sigh*

Hopefully soon there's more choices.
Maybe something like this?

I jus
I have great hopes for my rear Road Armor Stealth winch bumper, and front Road Armor Stealth winch bumper with Lonestar Guard.

Rear Warn M-8000 winch showed up today and it is re-wired for the in-cab controller. Front Warn 16.5ti winch is a week out, and bumpers about the same. All front and rear Rigid Lights are here, as well as 1/0 cable for the winches.

Can't wait to get all the parts and get this thrown on. Next is water tank, pump, roof rack and roof top tent.

Ed
I just seen this this past post. Can you post pics of that bumper and your mods. Id love to see it.

On another note; Yesterday I changed my order for a 2021 F250 Platinum Tremor to a F350. The sales manager said heres your new GVWR to 1150lbs. Is that the only difference A FUCKING STICKER.
I tried googling Tow weights for Tremors And it seemed like 250 and 350 can pull the same amount.

I've had my Tremor about 3 months now, and continue to scour the internet daily looking for new front bumpers. I'm looking for something more off-road designed, with approach angles in mind. I don't need (or want) a moose/cow killer that so many companies offer.

On my 2018 Raptor I had an Addictive Desert Designs, which had a nice bar light loop to accommodate a 40" radius light bar. I reached out to ADD and their design only works for the 2017-2019 F250, and won't fit the 2020. This is what I was really wanting:

View attachment 2570

There's not much else available on the market yet. I've looked literally everywhere. Fab Fours, Road Armor, all over.

I did find 2 that I like, but they are not 100% what I wanted. One is from ADD, the other is from SVC Offroad:

View attachment 2571

View attachment 2572

They both seem to have good approach angles. I like that the ADD can accommodate a 40" bar and has anchors on it. The SVC is a far better price ($2300 vs $1600) but doesn't' look like much for the money.

*sigh*

Who make these bumpers? Can you start from the first one.

This is what I would look at. I am getting a different Ranch Hand, but their bumpers are solid. I was in a wreck about 1.5 years ago where someone pulled out in front of me and I broadsided them going 55-60. I only had a Ranch Hand Grill guard on my F150, and it took almost all the impact energy. I am convinced it saved me from getting hurt bad.

1600050175183.png

I have a set of the ADD rock sliders on my 19 F150 that I will be pulling to put on my 20 F350 when it shows. Have been leaning towards adding the ADD stealth rear bumper, but am also torn on what front bumper.

I had a Ranchhand grill guard on my 04 and 06 F150 and they are stout as hell, but their finish quality sucks. Plan on either taking it somewhere to get powder coated or line-x type spray before installing or sanding and spraying the rust spots every year.

I have a set of the ADD rock sliders on my 19 F150 that I will be pulling to put on my 20 F350 when it shows. Have been leaning towards adding the ADD stealth rear bumper, but am also torn on what front bumper.

I had a Ranchhand grill guard on my 04 and 06 F150 and they are stout as hell, but their finish quality sucks. Plan on either taking it somewhere to get powder coated or line-x type spray before installing or sanding and spraying the rust spots every year.
My 2016 F 150 has a Ranch Hand Replacement that I had linexed and color coded to match. Really makes the bumper look a ton better.

20190412_181831.jpg

View attachment 2570

View attachment 2571

View attachment 2572

*sigh*

Any updates from ADD? I also had one of their bumpers on my Gen 1 and I would definitely do the first one on my Tremor. It does not seem like it would be difficult to alter the 17-19 bumper to make them work with the 20+, but maybe there is more to it ...

Any updates from ADD? I also had one of their bumpers on my Gen 1 and I would definitely do the first one on my Tremor. It does not seem like it would be difficult to alter the 17-19 bumper to make them work with the 20+, but maybe there is more to it ...

That's what I though too, how hard would it be to make it fit a 2020. That would hands down be my first choice, as I don't need a full on cow/moose killer.

I put the ADD Rock Sliders that I had on my 19 F150 onto my 20 F350 when I picked it up earlier this week. Mounted perfect and wired the lights up to the wires on the frame rail. I am looking at the stealth rear bumper from ADD, but just not sure about the front yet. They are now showing which front bumpers will work with the 2020 SD.

Last edited:
I put the ADD Rock Sliders that I had on my 19 F150 onto my 20 F350 when I picked it up earlier this week. Mounted perfect and wired the lights up to the wires on the frame rail. I am looking at the stealth rear bumper from ADD, but just not sure about the front yet. They are now showing which front bumpers will work with the 2020 SD.

Thanks for the pointer. It looks like they have several front bumpers available for the 2020, but they are the oversized monsters that stick way out in front of the truck. I prefer the less-is-more approach on the front of my truck and all I need is a place for a BD Onyx 6 40” curved bar and maybe another 20” amber bar for those foggy nights. The Stealth-R would work for me, but it is still listed as 17-19 only. :(

Thanks for the pointer. It looks like they have several front bumpers available for the 2020, but they are the oversized monsters that stick way out in front of the truck. I prefer the less-is-more approach on the front of my truck and all I need is a place for a BD Onyx 6 40” curved bar and maybe another 20” amber bar for those foggy nights. The Stealth-R would work for me, but it is still listed as 17-19 only. :(

I'm right there with you!

Latest Discussions

Back