Tx-Tremor6.7

Tremor Aficionado
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor 6.7L Lariat Ultimate / Lariat Black
Current Ride #2
2023 Corvette C8 Stingray R
I am trying to decide if it is worth it to order the Power Running boards with my 2021 Tremor. Does anyone know how much further down the power ones sit vs the fixed running boards on the Tremor?

I am fine with the standard running boards, but my wife is 5 ft Nothing and has some minor issues getting into my modified Gen 2 Raptor with 37s. I am planning to add the Carli 3.5" suspension and 37s on my Tremor, so I am wondering if I should spend the extra $1K to try to make it easier on her. If they are both the same height, then I will save my money!

Last edited:
they are a lot lower, never measured but I'm guessing somewhere around 7-8" lower (probably more). My wife is not happy that I didn't get them as I did have them on my last truck.

I like the Raptor style better but if I do have to install the power boards it will be twice as much aftermarket.

Last edited:
they are a lot lower, never measured but I'm guessing somewhere around 7-8" lower. My wife is not happy that I didn't get them as I did have them on my last truck.

Wow, 7-8" is a LOT! I saw a couple of the power boards at a dealers lot today, but they will in the up position so I had no way of knowing how far down they come when opened. They are pretty much hidden when closed, but I did notice the edge was chrome and not black. I am getting the Lariat Sport (Blackout package for 2021), so the less chrome the better.

I got into a Tremor yesterday. It had OEM Tremor running boards. It was a beautiful truck, but I am sooo glad I ordered mine with power running boards. At this moment, I am unsure of exactly how much lower the power boards drop, but I do know they're lower than non-power running boards.
Another thing to consider: Amp Research (aftermarket) running boards cost ~$1550
Ordering power running boards from Ford: $900

Clearly, OEM Tremor non-power running boards look great and there is def. a need for them for big-time off-road'ers. I'm not planning on going off-road to the point I need rock sliders. I have my RZR for that.
To each, his own.

PS: The owner of the Tremor I looked at yesterday is planning to get Amp Research (elec) running boards, as his OEM are a bit high for him, as well. A stock Tremor is def. taller than my '15 Silverado 2500 dMax, even though I had larger than OEM tires on it. I hadn't seen a Tremor up close & personal before yesterday.

Last edited:
I measured mine, step is 17" from the ground to the top of the step.

Attachments

• PRB1112020.jpg
    PRB1112020.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 471
I opted for the powered ones for the same reason.... I’m sure the fixed ones are far far better rock sliders but my wif gets in and out of mine far more than I slide over rocks. Sliding over rocks or domestic bliss both have a unique sound and I know the one I prefer!

I went with the fixed running boards bc I’m hoping they will provide some amount of door ding protection when parking in city parking lots.

I measured mine, step is 17" from the ground to the top of the step.

Thank you for posting the measurements. Are they all chrome or just on the leading edge?

Now, I just need the measurements for the stock Tremor boards to compare them. It definitely looks like 5-6" lower based on my recollection of the position of the the standards running boards. Might have to run up to my local dealer to see if their one Tremor is still on the lot.

Thank you for posting the measurements. Are they all chrome or just on the leading edge?

Now, I just need the measurements for the stock Tremor boards to compare them. It definitely looks like 5-6" lower based on my recollection of the position of the the standards running boards. Might have to run up to my local dealer to see if their one Tremor is still on the lot.
The factory boards all have the chrome edge. I wouldn't let that stop you. You can easily have that chrome strip wrapped. It would be very inexpensive if you were only wrapping that little bit. You could do it yourself as well as it almost hidden from sight.

The Tremor boards are pretty high. My wife and 3yo will not permit me going with those boards. I am getting the deployable steps like I have on my current 18 F-250. They tuck up nicely and come down low enough to make getting in and out easy for shorter or older people. I actually prefer the tucked up look of the delpoyables over the offroad boards. That being said, my off roading is not so heavy that I will have any issues unless I mess up bad.

A lot of you already know this, but here's a friendly FYI::
If OEM electric running boards do not extend downward enough for you, your kids, elderly folks in your family, etc,
Amp Research (also) makes an "XL" version of elec. running boards that extend 3 inches further than their standard model.

The Amp XL's price is > 'standard' Amp which is > price of OEM elec running boards, but if you need that additional 3" of drop, it could make all the difference.

If you can, order it with the power running boards. Less $$ and your wife will certainly thank you! Mine did!

I went with the fixed running boards bc I’m hoping they will provide some amount of door ding protection when parking in city parking lots.
My Raptor has a couple different color paint marks on it from protecting my truck from door dings, 100% the reason I didn't order power boards.

Just went thru this...as noted above, the power steps are around 17” up, which is about same as the stock F250 FX4 running boards are off the ground and substantially lower the straight out boards of the tremor. I opted for the power, until I was told I couldn’t get it with the center bench seat.

D3BDD68B-D224-4613-ADAE-0A34E6C17810.jpeg
(Non-tremor for comparison not sure why it’s rotated)
So I figure I’ll either deal with the added height or swap for the lower normal boards, or sell em and buy the AMP.

Same here, had the power ones checked, then I talked with the salesman we took them out, was not a financial decision. My salesman said there have issues with the power ones and all the salt in winter. Many customers had trouble in the second and third years with corrosion on the moving parts. Plus these trucks are huge take up a lot of parking area so of course people park close to you they have too.

My Raptor has a couple different color paint marks on it from protecting my truck from door dings, 100% the reason I didn't order power boards.
That's a benefit of the fixed boards for sure. I am tall enough that I would like the Tremor boards but the wife made that decision for me!

For what it's worth, I just put the Aries ActionTrac steps on my Tremor. When deployed, the fronts are about a 14.5" step-up and the rears are around 15" or so, with the stock truck's rake.

The steps basically act like a "ladder" giving step steps before you get to the door threshold. The real test was whether or not my 70+year-old parents with bad knees were able to easily get into and out of the truck after installing the steps, and they were able to just fine when we picked them up last night to go out to dinner.

The other side benefit of the Aries steps is that they still look like a 'normal' running board when NOT deployed, which also will still help slightly fend off door dings from smaller cars.

For what it's worth, I just put the Aries ActionTrac steps on my Tremor. When deployed, the fronts are about a 14.5" step-up and the rears are around 15" or so, with the stock truck's rake.

The steps basically act like a "ladder" giving step steps before you get to the door threshold. The real test was whether or not my 70+year-old parents with bad knees were able to easily get into and out of the truck after installing the steps, and they were able to just fine when we picked them up last night to go out to dinner.

The other side benefit of the Aries steps is that they still look like a 'normal' running board when NOT deployed, which also will still help slightly fend off door dings from smaller cars.

Do you have a picture on your truck or a URL for these boards?

My Tremor running boards sit right at about 21".
IMG_2762.jpeg

For an interesting comparison, the Raptor running boards sit just under 16
IMG_2764.jpeg

Back