Diesel Fuel Recommendation + Additives?

Everyone has their own assigned car, never over 200k. I had one car with 358,xxx engine run hours. Every 6 months or so I had the oil buildup sucked off the top of a couple pistons, it would run great for awhile then started running ruff and I knew it was time. That car ran pretty much non stop it’s entire life. We run the cars into the ground. We only transfer radios, laptop and camera system. Rest gets scrapped and the new vehicle gets equipped with new equipment, then the cycle starts over. Honestly these new vehicles are very well built and last, Ford explorers are pretty darn tuff.
I correct myself it was 358xx run hours, can’t recall th3 last numbers. I talked to a tech at ford and he was very surprised. Ford builds good vehicles, they last and run well if you follow their maintenance schedule.

I correct myself it was 358xx run hours, can’t recall th3 last numbers. I talked to a tech at ford and he was very surprised. Ford builds good vehicles, they last and run well if you follow their maintenance schedule.
I didn't want to question 358k,🧐 36k makes sense, on all our trucks and equipment I go by hours not miles.

I have a 2001 7.3l PowerStroke I purchased new. I have used Optilube for many years and while I have seen NO improvement in mpg that I can measure, I can tell you there is a major difference in the smoothness and sound of that old 7.3l when using the Optilube. It still runs like a champ and I am convinced that the added lubricity of additives works on that motor.

On my new 22 6.7l I will continue to use an additive simply because I hope it provides some extra lubricity to the CP4. I may give HotShots a try or I may stick with Optilube.

on the '22 I will run an in-bed fuel tank that holds an extra 50 gallons. I am installing a water seperator/filter inline between the bed tank and the stock tank. I am hoping the combination of the extra filter, the additive, and frequent changes of the factory filters will keep the CP4 in good shape. I guess only time will tell.

I have a 2001 7.3l PowerStroke I purchased new. I have used Optilube for many years and while I have seen NO improvement in mpg that I can measure, I can tell you there is a major difference in the smoothness and sound of that old 7.3l when using the Optilube. It still runs like a champ and I am convinced that the added lubricity of additives works on that motor.

On my new 22 6.7l I will continue to use an additive simply because I hope it provides some extra lubricity to the CP4. I may give HotShots a try or I may stick with Optilube.

on the '22 I will run an in-bed fuel tank that holds an extra 50 gallons. I am installing a water seperator/filter inline between the bed tank and the stock tank. I am hoping the combination of the extra filter, the additive, and frequent changes of the factory filters will keep the CP4 in good shape. I guess only time will tell.
Who’s 50 gal in-bed auxiliary tank are you installing? I just added the TransferFlow 50 gallon tank to mine, but have not decided on what additives to use.

Who’s 50 gal in-bed auxiliary tank are you installing? I just added the TransferFlow 50 gallon tank to mine, but have not decided on what additives to use.
I have a rds truck box fuel tank. It was in my 2001 Superduty but I am moving it to the 2022. I tow a 5th wheel around the country and the extra range is nice to have.

I mix Hotshot EDT with 1 oz of their LX4 lubricity extreme on every fill up.

Cheap insurance 🤷‍♂️
I am doing the same but still looking for something better if there is . This looks interesting

LORENZO'S OIL - DIESEL FUEL ENHANCEMENT​

but I don’t have any experience with it

I am doing the same but still looking for something better if there is . This looks interesting

LORENZO'S OIL - DIESEL FUEL ENHANCEMENT​

but I don’t have any experience with it
Archoil lubricants

Latest Discussions

Back