Did you pay for the winch install or was it included?

Hi all, just got off the phone with my dealership truck finally arrived after 16 weeks. They said they were going to get me a quote from a shop for the winch install. Curious if that is normal or is it supposed to be installed by the dealership at no cost to me?

Thanks
Trevor

My winch option was $3K. Not exactly free installation, but definitely included! My dealer did a nice clean job shortly after the truck arrived.
This. You pay $3k for $1k winch. Labor, installation and extra parts needed are already paid for. If your dealer refuses ask for your $3k back and have it done by a professional off road shop.

Last edited:
This. You pay $3k for $1k winch. Labor, installation and extra parts needed are already paid for. If your dealer refuses ask for your $3k back and have it done by a profession off road shop.
Please send me the link where you can purchase a 12k Warn Heavyweight winch with synthetic line and with wireless remote for $1k.

Last edited:
Yeah .. Make sure you express this experience on your next Satisfaction Inquiry. Be sure your response doesn't come out as a mis-understanding. Like having a copy of their installation estimate. Just rewards sometimes have a ( shit roles up-hill ) satisfaction to it.

From my understanding it’s not a synthetic line.
Totally different winch. Entry level, price point "standard series" Comparing apples to oranges and yes, the Ford kit comes with a synthetic line.

Here’s a 12K Warn with synthetic line and remote on sale for $2,100. I would hope they could install it for less than $900 but I don’t know what it takes.

The "S" in model number for Warn Winches designates a synthetic line. The winch that the Factory Ford kit uses is the 12-S Heavyweight series.

And the wireless accessory

Is it or is it not based on the Warn 12S which I posted above?
The link is bad, but it is based on the 12S and only available through Ford.

alright does anyone know were this says it is installed by the dealer and no cost to you? I cant find anything mentioning it.
not sure it says it anywhere explicitly, but it's a packaged part of a build.

Paying for winch installation when it's a line item on the window sticker is like having to pay installation for your steering wheel.

I took my truck out of local inventory with the winch and retrax already installed and there was no upcharge anywhere where the dealer was trying to reimburse himself from my wallet for the labor. My truck was a special order for someone who ended up backing out.

Regardless of whether or not Ford mandates dealers to install for "free", most dealers apparently do. So a dealer that wants $$ to do it should be told to eat a dick. Just my 0.02

After getting off the phone with Ford support, they seemed to have said that its up to the dealership? Was something I completely overlooked, I might make a stink about it since they quoted me 7-10 weeks and it was 16 weeks. I know covid but they could have told me up front. I think when they call back ill tell them im not going to pay for the install. I would trust a shop to do it however over a dealership. Thanks
I'd make a massive stink about it, and I'd leave them horrible reviews on Yelp and Google. But if they were committed to fucking you over then I'd take the winch to a 4x4 shop and have them install it. Tell that dealer, one way or another, you're not getting a fucking penny from me to install the winch.

The "S" in model number for Warn Winches designates a synthetic line. The winch that the Factory Ford kit uses is the 12-S Heavyweight series.

And the wireless accessory

I believe you still need a mounting kit.

Any word? Did the dealer install at no extra charge?

My Dealer wanted to charge me $750 on the contract of sale, then they took it off after I complained as this was their first install.

If you don't buy it from Ford, it won't fit/function properly. A regular 12S won't work.
exactly you would need to build the brackets. 3 k is a fair price just the added labor is the question. originally was told it was a 3k option that the dealer installed and that was included.

My deal was after the sale so I had a bill from the parts guy and one for the service guy. But it was not offered when I placed my order.

Back