Diamondback SE vs HD

I just installed my HD yesterday. Are the panels heavy? Yes. Is it manageable though? Yes. I installed them by myself and I was able to step up on the tailgate step and into the bed while carrying a panel. The more challenging part is the size of the panels as opposed to the weight.
Thanks for that! More good context, and glad to hear it's more-so the size than the weight for you.

Ok guys... it's all your fault. :) Purchased the HD and 13" tray. In PA for much of Dec so picking it up at Diamondback HQ on Friday. They are installing it for me (45 min / $50 fee). Will be cool to see DB factory. I am very impressed with the whole company.

Ok guys... it's all your fault. :) Purchased the HD and 13" tray. In PA for much of Dec so picking it up at Diamondback HQ on Friday. They are installing it for me (45 min / $50 fee). Will be cool to see DB factory. I am very impressed with the whole company.
Good choice, and cool that they're doing the install! Though kind of disappointed they're charging you for install if you're picking it up. Surely shipping a 250 pound pallet costs them more than $50 (the quoted weight for the diamondback + crossbin 13 + pallet itself was 250 pounds).

Are you getting a discount somewhere else to make up for their savings on shipping?

I did receive a 10% military discount. I too was a bit surprised (not unhappy by any means) by the $50 charge with no need to ship. Originally calculated taxes for Texas rates... then after they changed to PA taxes and added the install fee, I only owed them $3.45 more.

I had them install mine too but I had to work so my dad drove it up. I don’t know if they’ll give you a factory tour or not since I wasn’t there but you could ask.

My dad said they were excited to see a tremor though which I thought was funny since they were doing a customized tremor giveaway this summer.

We should get all the SW PA tremors together while you’re up here. There are like 4 of us on here.

Drove over to Diamondback from Pittsburg and had them install a SE on the F150, if you want front access it works, but nothing outstanding, it does not open far enough for good access & we looked at/had them fit the front toolboxes and decided to skip them, just did not have the access/clearance we were looking for

On the Tremor with the addition height, you will need a step stool to access a toolbox or other stuff

You can get the one that has side doors & if we were to get one again, that is how we would go

Attachments

• 87CC36F4-BD15-4843-A317-5A30D5898B7F.jpeg
    87CC36F4-BD15-4843-A317-5A30D5898B7F.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 82
I had them install mine too but I had to work so my dad drove it up. I don’t know if they’ll give you a factory tour or not since I wasn’t there but you could ask.

My dad said they were excited to see a tremor though which I thought was funny since they were doing a customized tremor giveaway this summer.

We should get all the SW PA tremors together while you’re up here. There are like 4 of us on here.
Certainly looking forward to it. I'm just rolling around PA in Dec in a Tremor with Texas license plates.

Did they let you pick it up in Phillisburg? I assume to save on shipping costs?
Yes. You can pick up at Philipsburg and they will install for you for $50. Takes 45 min. Very good, friendly customer experience. The Tremor drew a lot of attention from the guys there.

Yes. You can pick up at Philipsburg and they will install for you for $50. Takes 45 min. Very good, friendly customer experience. The Tremor drew a lot of attention from the guys there.
Thank you. I might just do that, weekend getaways to Pittsburgh are my favorite short trips. I wanted to install it myself, but for 50-100$ i would let them do it with pleasure.

@StrikezoneNJ

Hi Guys, Just an update on my Diamondback. I got my HD in August. I never thought I'd need the capability of the HD, and went back and forth on the SE or HD. Well, Santa is bringing 2 ATVs for the kids this year and with no trailer yet I'm so glad I figured at the time it was better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! For the extra few hundred bucks whats it hurt having the extra capability?

Latest Discussions

Back