DIAMONDBACK HD for 2021 F250/350 6'9" bed

Greg_S

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor on order.
Looking to see if there is interest in buying my cover. I'm realizing that a shell is more of what I wanted.
No cleats are installed but I have them to be included in the sale.
I also have a cross bin 8 that I would sell along with the cover, not separately prior to the cover sale.

I paid $2500 to my door and would like to sell both for 2k. You get a deal and don't have to wait.

Local is best, I'm in San Diego.

Attachments

• 20210115_122312_resized.jpg
    20210115_122312_resized.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 20210115_122323_resized.jpg
    20210115_122323_resized.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 20210115_122340_resized.jpg
    20210115_122340_resized.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 20210115_122402_resized.jpg
    20210115_122402_resized.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 266
NOW you tell me? I put my deposit down on a new SE a week ago! :cry:
I've used the cleats on the SE on my F150 maybe once in 5 years?
Heckuva deal!

Looking to see if there is interest in buying my cover. I'm realizing that a shell is more of what I wanted.
No cleats are installed but I have them to be included in the sale.
I also have a cross bin 8 that I would sell along with the cover, not separately prior to the cover sale.

I paid $2500 to my door and would like to sell both for 2k. You get a deal and don't have to wait.

Local is best, I'm in San Diego.
If only I were in San Diego!

If this is still available, I'll take it! I can come down Saturday to pick up, cash of course. If it's still on the truck, could you do me one favor though? I would like to see the amount of vertical space; can you take a tape measure and show me how high the lowest point of the cover is from the highest point on the floor of the bed? Thanks!

The distance is 21 3/8" from the upper "bump" in the bed to the bottom of the cover.
At the very edges where the latches swing down to engage the bed rail it is 19 1/4". Again, that's just at the edge where the bed rails are. There's about 53 1/4" wide between where the latches swing down. See photo below.

20210505_141858.jpg

The distance is 21 3/8" from the upper "bump" in the bed to the bottom of the cover.
At the very edges where the latches swing down to engage the bed rail it is 19 1/4". Again, that's just at the edge where the bed rails are. There's about 53 1/4" wide between where the latches swing down. See photo below.

View attachment 23578
Very helpful, thank you very much!

Hey Greg I’d love to buy and am ready now. If you still want to sell PM me. Please let me know either way. If not yours I’d like to order ASAP. Thanks.

I was about to order one. I’m in NorCal but no problem driving down the 5 to get it.
If it’s still available, please PM me.
Thanks!

I was about to order one. I’m in NorCal but no problem driving down the 5 to get it.
If it’s still available, please PM me.
Thanks!
I was going to pick it up as well, but he changed his mind, at least for now as he awaits delivery of a truck cap (or camper? dont remember). My new HD should be delivered here some time next week.

I was going to pick it up as well, but he changed his mind, at least for now as he awaits delivery of a truck cap (or camper? dont remember). My new HD should be delivered here some time next week.
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

Congrats on the HD! I’m sure you are going to really enjoy it!?

I’ve noticed that there seem to be quite a few on the resale market. I’ve noticed them for sale on the other large Super Duty site, a couple of the boating and RV sites that I belong to and even on CL.
I realize they aren’t for everyone. They are a specialty item.
they sure are nice!

I can tell you that I love mine!
?
I don’t doubt that! They are awesome for what they are built for!
I’ve seen the video’s where guys use ramps and brackets to store two Side by Sides up on top of them! I was just surprised to see so many being sold after a short ownership period.

My use for them will be to store equipment and supplies in the bed that needs a very secure structure with as much of a watertight seal that could be expected.
I don’t plan on transporting a pair of ATV’s on top of mine, but there will be situations that I might have to load and transport large odd shaped and/or heavy items on top of it and that is exactly what these are designed for.

Plus, we will be replacing our motorhome with a fifth wheel and using the Tremor as the tow vehicle, so we need a cover that is easily taken on and off as needed.

I looked at some of the electric roll-up covers that are out there and there are some very nice ones and I wouldn’t have to take them off when I use the fifth wheel, but none of them that I found are designed to hold heavy loads on top in the closed position.

?
I don’t doubt that! They are awesome for what they are built for!
I’ve seen the video’s where guys use ramps and brackets to store two Side by Sides up on top of them! I was just surprised to see so many being sold after a short ownership period.

My use for them will be to store equipment and supplies in the bed that needs a very secure structure with as much of a watertight seal that could be expected.
I don’t plan on transporting a pair of ATV’s on top of mine, but there will be situations that I might have to load and transport large odd shaped and/or heavy items on top of it and that is exactly what these are designed for.

Plus, we will be replacing our motorhome with a fifth wheel and using the Tremor as the tow vehicle, so we need a cover that is easily taken on and off as needed.

I looked at some of the electric roll-up covers that are out there and there are some very nice ones and I wouldn’t have to take them off when I use the fifth wheel, but none of them that I found are designed to hold heavy loads on top in the closed position.
So that is exactly where I am at as well. On my Dodge, I had the roll up cover (manual, not electric) and it's performance degraded over time. It couldn't handle any weight, took up too much of the bed, let water in at the tailgate. It's only positive was convenience when I used the Fifth wheel and could roll it closed for a little security once disconnected. Other than that, the Diamondback beats it in every other way and it looks great too.

So that is exactly where I am at as well. On my Dodge, I had the roll up cover (manual, not electric) and it's performance degraded over time. It couldn't handle any weight, took up too much of the bed, let water in at the tailgate. It's only positive was convenience when I used the Fifth wheel and could roll it closed for a little security once disconnected. Other than that, the Diamondback beats it in every other way and it looks great too.
Thanks for your input! I appreciate that!?

You hit the nail right on the head! Convenience is the top selling point for the roll-up versions. After unhitching from the 5th wheel, close the tailgate and roll it closed. Instant security for the hitch and what will be in my case, the generator, tool box and other misc items that will remain in the truck bed. But as I have found out from talking to users of the roll-up covers is like you say, water gets it, the track system wears out and jams in both directions and the seams between the aluminum slats get worn by the use, weather and from anything being placed on top of it.

I’ll give the OP some time to decide what he wants to do, then I’ll either find one elsewhere or order a new one from the mfg. ?

Back