Dewalt compressor question

Guyute941

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-250 6.7
Anyone ever use this? Looking for simple and cheaper / not a Viair or ABR. Well maybe a Viair if this isn’t good. Will use a handful of times a year going from 40ish psi to 60/70.

Attachments

• 2F4DD0E4-B0E6-4282-B822-7D8098DBEDB7.png
    2F4DD0E4-B0E6-4282-B822-7D8098DBEDB7.png
    735.2 KB · Views: 21
I use this. Works well. And handy for so many so things than just the truck. Bike tires, balloons, air mattress, pool floats, etc.

Main con I guess would just be that it’s somewhat slow. But that’s balanced by it being set-it-and-forget. Dial in the PSI you want and walk away.

I use this. Works well. And handy for so many so things than just the truck. Bike tires, balloons, air mattress, pool floats, etc.
Have you used with the outlet in the truck? Was wondering if it pulls it much power

Main con I guess would just be that it’s somewhat slow. But that’s balanced by it being set-it-and-forget. Dial in the PSI you want and walk away.
Thanks - ya seemed slow when a video I watched filling from 30 up to 35 - may take way too long to do 4 tires from 45/50 to 60/70. Wonder if the ViAir would be that much faster. $100 vs almost $400 though.

Have you used with the outlet in the truck? Was wondering if it pulls it much power

I only use it with Dewalt batteries. It seems to last quite awhile with just 2 amp hours. But I usually keep a 6 amp hour FlexVolt in it, just in case.

Thanks - ya seemed slow when a video I watched filling from 30 up to 35 - may take way too long to do 4 tires from 45/50 to 60/70. Wonder if the ViAir would be that much faster. $100 vs almost $400 though.

I think it’s fast enough for driveway filling (like getting up to towing PSI) or emergency filling. I probably wouldn’t love using it off-road to fill up after riding a trail with any frequency.

I’ll time 50 psi to 80 psi for you tomorrow and let you know how it does.

I think it’s fast enough for driveway filling (like getting up to towing PSI) or emergency filling. I probably wouldn’t love using it off-road to fill up after riding a trail with any frequency.

I’ll time 50 psi to 80 psi for you tomorrow and let you know how it does.
Thanks that would be awesome! Ya for driveway I have a pancake one - usually keep tires at 52 all 4 for regular daily, air up for towing, but would like to drop to 45ish on forest roads once we get to camp - then air back up for the trailer tow out.

I run 50F/65R psi for daily driving.

I’ll test 45 to 50, then 50 to whatever max is in the front. (I forget at the moment.)

I bought this a year ago and it has worked fine for my needs. It gets good reviews on Amazon. I think the price went up though.

Ok, the Dewalt thing can put just over 2PSI per minute in the Duratec’s with a fully charged 9AH FlexVolt battery.

So, pretty slow. If you are refilling all tires from 45 PSI to 52 PSI it would take you about 15 minutes to fill plus the time to move from tire to tire.

Ok, the Dewalt thing can put just over 2PSI per minute in the Duratec’s with a fully charged 9AH FlexVolt battery.

So, pretty slow. If you are refilling all tires from 45 PSI to 52 PSI it would take you about 15 minutes to fill plus the time to move from tire to tire.
Thanks for doing that! I’m running 46 in the rear empty so getting it up to 70 would take quite some time. The search continues.

There are several Portable systems that are pretty reasonable. The goal for longevity should include keeping your compressor cool and dry.

Back