Detail videos for all the F150LEDs.com parts that I installed on my 2020 Ford Super Duty F350 Tremor.

Okay, passenger side done. I’ve learned a lot doing this mod. Will video the Process and will post later. I’m updating my parts list for items needed to have a clean and ez install for the F150LEDs running Board lights

5FEDD997-3384-48FB-923E-449F4AEC8883.jpeg
I have updated my parts list of tools and parts needed
check the link below. Also upgrades done on my Ford F-350 Super Duty Tremor

(y).. Bug thumbs up for sharing your input and all you do for these awesome trucks ..(y)

This video is a detail installation on how to install Premium LED running light kits from F150LEDs. They are custom designed for the 2017-20022 F250 F350 F450 Super Duty. With over 180 LEDS packed into each light. Automatically activated when the doors open or unlock. Installation is EZ to do for the DIYer.

Upgrades done on my F350 Tremor:🛻
@F150LEDsMatt

Last edited:
This video is a detail installation on how to install Premium LED running light kits from F150LEDs. They are custom designed for the 2017-20022 F250 F350 F450 Super Duty. With over 180 LEDS packed into each light. Automatically activated when the doors open or unlock. Installation is EZ to do for the DIYer.

Upgrades done on my F350 Tremor:🛻
@F150LEDsMatt
Excellent, nicely done. I believe your truck is a 2020? My Tremor is a '21, and does not have the same hook up yours did on the frame. Not sure why, but it was deleted on '21 &'22 models. It also may have something to do with the trim package, mine is ultimate Lariat.

Excellent, nicely done. I believe your truck is a 2020? My Tremor is a '21, and does not have the same hook up yours did on the frame. Not sure why, but it was deleted on '21 &'22 models. It also may have something to do with the trim package, mine is ultimate Lariat.
So what you’re saying is that 21/22s won’t have the option with the readily available dead end connector and we would have to drill/run this same setup into the cab wiring?

So what you’re saying is that 21/22s won’t have the option with the readily available dead end connector and we would have to drill/run this same setup into the cab wiring?
Correct, that is what I did, your only drilling through aluminum, so no rust or corrosion issue. I believe 2017 to 2020 has that dead end connector, 2021 and 2022 do not. The point where you connect is under the jam plate on the passenger rear door.

Correct, that is what I did, your only drilling through aluminum, so no rust or corrosion issue. I believe 2017 to 2020 has that dead end connector, 2021 and 2022 do not. The point where you connect is under the jam plate on the passenger rear door.
Thanks for confirming, it makes sense. I’ll delete my comment above, it explains why Ray’s 2020 had the dead end connector which does make the entire install more appealing. I don’t mind the drilling and cutting wires, but would have been nicer if Ford continued giving the option underbody.

Thanks for that information. I shouldn’t assume that it would have the same connector.

This is a sweet mod for the Super Duty Tremor. Installing F150LEDs Super Duty Exterior Vent lighting kit on my 2020 Ford Super Duty F350 Tremor. I made a couple mistakes in the installation processl. Check out the video so you don't make the same mistakes.

Ray, as i said in a youtube video and also tested it myself today, the amount of light thrown the way you mounted the leds is just crazy. Also, if i walk in from the side or drive close by behind you with this configuration i can even see the bare LEDs. It’s beyond me why f150Leds would recommend an install like that!

After testing multiple placements and positions, i settled on mounting the leds in the back in this particular spot, but even with this configuration, there was some light leakage while looking from the back, so i took care of that by making a lightproof screen so there’s no light leak at all. I finally ended up with a true “subtle” and indirect light, the way it should be coming out of these badges, totally non-distracting and not the light freak show the way f150leds recommends
this install.

Attachments

• A9F01A2B-FE95-4C4B-AA88-16E45A711C20.jpeg
    A9F01A2B-FE95-4C4B-AA88-16E45A711C20.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 36BA1D95-BBF5-4B6C-B93C-A87A9D43DA0D.jpeg
    36BA1D95-BBF5-4B6C-B93C-A87A9D43DA0D.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 03FEC654-238B-4085-B6B1-6649AABF864D.jpeg
    03FEC654-238B-4085-B6B1-6649AABF864D.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 28
Ray, as i said in a youtube video and also tested it myself today, the amount of light thrown the way you mounted the leds is just crazy. Also, if i walk in from the side or drive close by behind you with this configuration i can even see the bare LEDs. It’s beyond me why f150Leds would recommend an install like that!

After testing multiple placements and positions, i settled on mounting the leds in the back in this particular spot, but even with this configuration, there was some light leakage while looking from the back, so i took care of that by making a lightproof screen so there’s no light leak at all. I finally ended up with a true “subtle” and indirect light, the way it should be coming out of these badges, totally non-distracting and not the light freak show the way f150leds recommends
this install.
That‘s why i like this forum. Everyone has a Different view and perspective on how things should look. I’m fine on how my lights are mounted. But I do understand your perspective on what type of look you going for. There’s no right or wrong way on mounting the vent lights. Thanks for sharing your opinion. The only thing I would disagree, is the statement ”freak show”. Everyone has different Taste. Some like it bold, some like it mild. It’s all good. Thanks for adding photos its a big help.

F150LEDs Cup Holder Coaster kit for the 2017-2022 Ford F250 F350 F450 Super Duty Tremor and More

Upgrades done on my F350 Tremor:
🛻

@F150LEDsMatt

Here is another" How to" video. Installing RAPTOR STYLE LED GRILL KIT on 2017+ F250 F350 SUPER DUTY Tremor

Upgrades done on my F350 Tremor:
🛻

@F150LEDsMatt

Latest Discussions

Back