Destination & delivery, fuel charge, and transit tag?

toximus

Tremoraholic
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Jeep LJ
The 2% under invoice dealer is adding these...Are these charges normal or should I inquire about them? Even with these charges they're coming in at 8% under MSRP.

What 2% under dealer?

Have you looked at the paperwork when you placed the order & the window sticker is it what you agreed to upon placing the order?

The transir tag is about $45 if I recall right, that's to move out legally to your state, the doc fee is $180, most dealers are $300 to $600, the fuel charge is a bit over 100 I believe. All reasonable and appropriate fees imho. You would be hard pressed to find better.

If you're getting true invoice, then yes there are Fees applied to invoice. Destination, Fuel and Advertising are non negotiable. These are in addition to the Invoice by Ford. Depending on where you live will dictate Tag and Taxes on Battery and Tires.

180 doc fee is "normal"... Here in Texas its capped at $150 I think so 180 is not out of line. The dealers in Florida and wherever that charge 800-1000 dollar doc fee's are just ripping people off. But 180...no big deal.

And the transit tag for $45 is what it is. They are $2 according to the Iowa DMV site and good for 15 days. Im not going to get worked up over a $45 fee when im getting 5k off MSRP.

The fuel charge they are charging, ive never seen that charged on a new car purchase before, but again, at over 5k off MSRP im personally not concerned about the 108 dollar fuel charge on my order.

180 doc fee is "normal"... Here in Texas its capped at $150 I think so 180 is not out of line. The dealers in Florida and wherever that charge 800-1000 dollar doc fee's are just ripping people off. But 180...no big deal.

And the transit tag for $45 is what it is. They are $2 according to the Iowa DMV site and good for 15 days. Im not going to get worked up over a $45 fee when im getting 5k off MSRP.

The fuel charge they are charging, ive never seen that charged on a new car purchase before, but again, at over 5k off MSRP im personally not concerned about the 108 dollar fuel charge on my order.
Before I ordered in WI, I checked at 2 dealers in FL since some of my family lives there. The doc fees were $1100 at one dealer and $1000 at another, absolutely INSANE, and they would not negotiate!

$180 doc fee in WI where I ordered!

Back