Deposit?

jhblaze1

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Agate Black 6.7 Tremor
Current Ride #2
Ducati Diavel 1260S
How much are dealers wanting as a deposit for ordering?

Any dealers pulling games with not refunding deposit if you back out? or holding your deposit til they sell the truck to someone else if you back out?

How much are dealers wanting as a deposit for ordering?

Any dealers pulling games with not refunding deposit if you back out? or holding your deposit til they sell the truck to someone else if you back out?

Not sure but most likely depends on the dealer and you relationship. My dealer did not ask or require a deposit, I called the salesman I have worked a few deals with and placed my order, that was it. From what he told me even if I backed out it would not be an issue, these trucks are not sitting on the lots for a long time.

The salesman I am talking to said he doesn’t need a deposit unless it is some weird built that won’t sell if a buyer backs out.

good to hear thanks gents.

I was assuming they'd want like 500 or something.

I put down 500 for me. Some people do more.

good to hear thanks gents.

I was assuming they'd want like 500 or something.
i did 500 for my truck and just did it on a credit card and got the cash back so it was really $475 with the cash back hahaha

Mine was 500 bucks.

Bike store wanted $2500 or 50% deposit on my new Pivot. I offered $1k.

Ford dealer asked and received $100.
In CA dealers can’t keep deposits if you back out.

I put down $500 with my dealer but others I spoke to said they didn’t require a deposit.

In fact, when I went to pick it up and finish my paperwork they asked if I wanted my deposit back or just apply it to the truck.

The dealer down the road from me wanted 10% lol I offered $1000 they would not budge. The dealer 25 miles north did it over the phone with $1000 down. Another dealer wanted $2000 non refundable lol.

Just had deposits refunded from two separate dealers this week. No issues. They wanted $500 at time of ordering. I did talk to one that wanted a non-refundable $1,000 to change the color of an order from magnetic to iconic. Opted to go elsewhere

The dealer down the road from me wanted 10% lol I offered $1000 they would not budge. The dealer 25 miles north did it over the phone with $1000 down. Another dealer wanted $2000 non refundable lol.
wow lol...10% no way. I plan on putting closer to 20% down anyway so that wouldn't be the end of the world but on principle I'd never agree to it. I'd never even put a penny as a deposit if it were non refundable, that's just ridiculous.

wow lol...10% no way. I plan on putting closer to 20% down anyway so that wouldn't be the end of the world but on principle I'd never agree to it. I'd never even put a penny as a deposit if it were non refundable, that's just ridiculous.
Yeah that was my thought. Best part is that the salesman went on and on about how ford builds there trucks with “New” parts.

I thank every dealer is different. When I ordered mine one dealer wanted 5K, which I thought was crazy. Then went to a smaller dealer that knew me and zero down with no obligation to buy it. They got my business. Ordered Silver Spruce on 22 June with a build date of 7 Sep getting closer.

Mine was $500.00 was a cash buyer. I think if financing you would just get approved and fill out the forms. They process the loan upon delivery.

Checked with 3 different dealers around me. Two wanted a $1k deposit, the 3rd didn't need a deposit. The 3rd got my business.

Checked with 3 different dealers around me. Two wanted a $1k deposit, the 3rd didn't need a deposit. The 3rd got my business.
I would not want to put 1 g down but I felt good about $500.00 down made me feel like I was invested in it. Plus I got my VIN next day with a low priority code.

I used to order Ram trucks and we bought so many that the dealership would just order them over the phone never any money down. I never even signed paperwork until delivery.

My deposit was $0.

Mine was $500, not sure what would happen if I backed out

Back