Deployment purchase

ddowney

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
US Navy
Current Ride
'20 F350 Lariat Tremor
Good afternoon, or morning depending on where you are in the world. I ordered my F-350 Tremor back in May and it should be finished and to dealership this month. I just found out I'm not going to be coming home when originally planned and that was already going to be with the truck sitting on the lot for a couple months. How long do you think it would be ok for the truck to sit? I'm not sure what the dealership will to remedy it sitting for so long, if anything. Should I be worried about it sitting for 4-5 mos? I don't really care about replacing a battery if it ends up needing that, my bigger worry is that all that time sitting in the socal heat causes other issues with oil etc, from the truck not being used. I've considered telling them to just go ahead and sell it and I'll order another one if they'll let me. It would be a 2021 if I ordered another one and with the 14 week window that would put it sitting on the lot much less time and I'd be much more comfortable with that. What are your thoughts?

Just call your girl and have Jody pickup your truck. JK! ?

Do you have contact with your sales rep or dealership? Maybe they could help find a solution?

I would see if they could sell that one and put in a new order for you.

have them put it on the showroom floor for display... option to buy and have a '21 sitting next to it. Mind games!

I'm sure they'd be fine with selling it and placing a new order for you

I'm sure they'd be fine with selling it and placing a new order for you
He was going to talk to the owner on Monday but I'm just going to have my wife pick it up when I was originally supposed to be home. Not sure how long a tank of diesel will be good for but I'm sure it'll be fine. A couple extra months shouldn't hurt it if she's driving it a little bit. I'm bummed I won't be the first one to drive it off the lot but it is what it is.

He was going to talk to the owner on Monday but I'm just going to have my wife pick it up when I was originally supposed to be home. Not sure how long a tank of diesel will be good for but I'm sure it'll be fine. A couple extra months shouldn't hurt it if she's driving it a little bit. I'm bummed I won't be the first one to drive it off the lot but it is what it is.
Let her get the break in done for you. Not a bad plan. I wouldn't just let it sit though. Be well and get home soon and safe.

That's a tough choice. I would probably opt to have a 2021 model and have them sell the 2020. That would also be 4-5 months of insurance you wouldn't have to pay for. I guess it also depends how good the current deal is and what rebates you have.

That's a tough choice. I would probably opt to have a 2021 model and have them sell the 2020. That would also be 4-5 months of insurance you wouldn't have to pay for. I guess it also depends how good the current deal is and what rebates you have.

I wouldn't have my wife pick it up until November regardless b/c that's when I was picking it up. The dealership will hold it until then. I'm just going to have her pick it up in November instead of ordering a 2021. Just on the off chance that dates change again I don't want to get home and have no vehicle or end up having to scramble to find a Tremor optioned like mine. And if covid kicks up again and the plant closes I don't want to deal with backordered 2021. A couple months shouldn't hurt. my biggest worry was that if it's not getting started that things start drying out but my buddy working at the dealership is going to make sure it gets started and moved once a month and once my wife picks it up she can drive it to work here and there to do the same.

I wouldn't have my wife pick it up until November regardless b/c that's when I was picking it up. The dealership will hold it until then. I'm just going to have her pick it up in November instead of ordering a 2021. Just on the off chance that dates change again I don't want to get home and have no vehicle or end up having to scramble to find a Tremor optioned like mine. And if covid kicks up again and the plant closes I don't want to deal with backordered 2021. A couple months shouldn't hurt. my biggest worry was that if it's not getting started that things start drying out but my buddy working at the dealership is going to make sure it gets started and moved once a month and once my wife picks it up she can drive it to work here and there to do the same.
Sounds like youve got some options to weigh out...this covid shit is really messing everything up. The uncertainty of everything has really put a damper on everyone's plans an potential plans...

Sounds like youve got some options to weigh out...this covid shit is really messing everything up. The uncertainty of everything has really put a damper on everyone's plans an potential plans...
Yeah, we're going to just pick up the one I already ordered and that should be at the dealership in the next couple weeks. I don't want to risk no truck at all. My wife's excited that she's going to be the first one to drive it though, so I guess I'll get to hear her reviews on it as well lol

Yeah, we're going to just pick up the one I already ordered and that should be at the dealership in the next couple weeks. I don't want to risk no truck at all. My wife's excited that she's going to be the first one to drive it though, so I guess I'll get to hear her reviews on it as well lol
just say yout wife is having a kid .... maybe they will let you come home just don't tell them the new kid is the TRUCK!!!!! hahahaha

just say yout wife is having a kid .... maybe they will let you come home just don't tell them the new kid is the TRUCK!!!!! hahahaha
BAHAHA, you think they'd let me come home? My first deployment I missed the first 42 days as I was finishing up a school. A guy in my division could have easily missed those days as well to see the birth of his child and then met the ship in Singapore, just like I did. Instead, they said not a fucking chance, sucks that you're going to miss your kids birth but you'll see him when you get back. That was a 9 mos deployment. He didn't see his kid until he was 9 mos old. He missed the birth by a week or 2.

BAHAHA, you think they'd let me come home? My first deployment I missed the first 42 days as I was finishing up a school. A guy in my division could have easily missed those days as well to see the birth of his child and then met the ship in Singapore, just like I did. Instead, they said not a fucking chance, sucks that you're going to miss your kids birth but you'll see him when you get back. That was a 9 mos deployment. He didn't see his kid until he was 9 mos old. He missed the birth by a week or 2.
Hey you can always try and honestly comes down to your rank... And how good of a relationship you have with your command... I am army and it almost never happens but my dad got to come back from Korea when we was e7... But because of time and flights delays he missed it by 2 hours but he got to come ... My buddy has 4 kids now and they let him come home a month early to see his kid birth from Poland ... He was best friends with his 1sgt ... So milage may vary ... Worth a shot

I mean my relationship is good, I'm filling a 1 of 1 billet. I can't leave b/c then nobody is here to do what I do. Luckily I have been to both my daughters births and my son was born before I joined. I'm cool with my wife getting to drive it. Honestly with any luck she'll fall in love with it and be cool with me spending money doing mods haha.

I mean my relationship is good, I'm filling a 1 of 1 billet. I can't leave b/c then nobody is here to do what I do. Luckily I have been to both my daughters births and my son was born before I joined. I'm cool with my wife getting to drive it. Honestly with any luck she'll fall in love with it and be cool with me spending money doing mods haha.
Haha yea once you been there for a few of them you don't want to be there... You are just there because the wife wants you there hahaha but a new truck is a new child .... In my book at least ?

Haha yea once you been there for a few of them you don't want to be there... You are just there because the wife wants you there hahaha but a new truck is a new child .... In my book at least ?
Oh, I always do. I couldn't imagine not being there for a childs birth. Yeah I mean I definitely take really good care of my vehicles. My wife was jealous when I had a GT350. I think she was glad when I sold it. I spent a lot of time working on that car.

I wouldn't worry about that. I'm sure there are many trucks that sit on the lots or in our case around here in fields for a long time before being driven. It would be awesome if they kept it inside on the showroom though (locked of course!)

Last edited:
I remember having to request permission to leave early to get married to my first wife! Haha what a shit show....

BOHICA anyone?

Back