• Total voters

laxxmann7

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Paramilitary - CPD
Current Ride
Ram 1500
Just curious who here is deleting there DPF and EGR? You know, for when you go off-roading.

I'm gonna be going offloading a lot as soon as someone has a tune available...

No plans on deleting. I deleted my 05 and regretted it. It ran good, got better mileage, and had power but smelled like shit and smoked. My kids and wife refused to ride in it and I smelled like diesel all day at work. Trucks are so good nowadays I'll leave well enough alone. I do plan on installing a serviceable DPF filter once it's available from ATS or others.

Speaking of smelling like shit, I started my truck this morning and it smelt like a dead animal inside my cab. It is a super strong smell. Went to work for 8 hours and it still smells like it coming home. Any ideas what it could be? I’m new to diesel, could it be regen? Outside the truck smelled like something burning or hot. I crawled underneath and didn’t see anything out of ordinary other than my dog helping me look.

D1FCB595-CA0A-4DC9-B47F-A6C1A47024B9.jpeg

I don't know about a dead animal smell but I have noticed that when the exhaust filtration crap runs the truck smells like hot or burning metal. probably because the whole system is new. A urea leak would smell like cat piss. I'm scratching my head

I plan to keep mine intact. I had a problem with the DEF element in my 2015 Dura Max and everyone I know said to get the delete kit and add a tuner. I got it repaired free from dealer ship, two months later my plate expired and I was required to pass an emission test. Very Happy I left it stock. I am subject to emission testing every other year so I will keep it intact and avoid any troubles.

Thankfully in my state we don't have those... ?
Yep its total B.S. its only the 5 county area around Milwaukee. It crap because more pollution comes north from Chicago and we get stuck with the emission testing, crap summer cocktail of blended fuel with ethanol and the wonderful ozone action days of summer. Has been this way for years but they never tested diesel pick up trucks. Until two years ago. I had to have my Chevy Silverado tested before I could get a renewal. Prior to the Chevy every Dodge Ram Cummins that I owned was completely opened up. I would gut them from day one. Add a tuner and swap out the torque converter the day after I got it from the dealer. Loved to " roll the coal". I must be getting old because I liked how clean and quiet my Silverado was. Now the Tremor is even quieter and less smell than the Chevy. I rather be seen the heard today. Its a bonus to hook up my RV or trailers with the engine idling and not smell anything.

Speaking of smelling like shit, I started my truck this morning and it smelt like a dead animal inside my cab. It is a super strong smell. Went to work for 8 hours and it still smells like it coming home. Any ideas what it could be? I’m new to diesel, could it be regen? Outside the truck smelled like something burning or hot. I crawled underneath and didn’t see anything out of ordinary other than my dog helping me look.

Well I hope you all could use a good laugh today. I found the culprit of the dead animal smell. I went and stocked up on groceries last Friday and a tube of sausage sneakily found its way into the rear passenger door compartment. Let’s just say the new car smell is permanently gone ?. It was like playing an old game of operation to get it out without exploding!!

1D8375A4-8AE0-48E8-88DE-8D5EB57F9AA2.jpeg

Well I hope you all could use a good laugh today. I found the culprit of the dead animal smell. I went and stocked up on groceries last Friday and a tube of sausage sneakily found its way into the rear passenger door compartment. Let’s just say the new car smell is permanently gone ?. It was like playing an old game of operation to get it out without exploding!!

View attachment 1503
Oooohhh, bet that was an delicate operation... Terrifying

View attachment 1503
I’m surprised your dog didn’t find that!?

oh man that's awful! Luckily you found it before it burst or that would have been an interesting thread on interior deep cleaning and restoration.

oh wow, I can not imagine!

View attachment 1503
Wow!! Lol you did give me a good laugh....

That's the reason I always tie up the plastic bags before leaving the store. Things tend to roll out of them and hide. Glad you located the smell.

No plans on deleting. I deleted my 05 and regretted it. It ran good, got better mileage, and had power but smelled like shit and smoked. My kids and wife refused to ride in it and I smelled like diesel all day at work. Trucks are so good nowadays I'll leave well enough alone. I do plan on installing a serviceable DPF filter once it's available from ATS or others.
That could be due to the tune on it, tuners have come a long way in 15 years

I plan to keep mine intact. I had a problem with the DEF element in my 2015 Dura Max and everyone I know said to get the delete kit and add a tuner. I got it repaired free from dealer ship, two months later my plate expired and I was required to pass an emission test. Very Happy I left it stock. I am subject to emission testing every other year so I will keep it intact and avoid any troubles.
In ohio any vehicle with 10k+ GVWR is not required to get emissions testing in the 7 counties that require it.

In ohio any vehicle with 10k+ GVWR is not required to get emissions testing in the 7 counties that require it.
Thats awesome and thats how it was in the 5 county area here, if you had the "big boy plate" you were exempt but they changed it in 2016 and nobody was really aware of it until they got the renewal in the mail.

Back