Def

jlcichocki

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-350 Tremor Lariat with sport and ultimate (Iconic Silver)
I was at Menards today, and thought I’d plan ahead with the purchase of some DEF. They had Kleen Diesel for $7.99/2.5 gal. which I’ve purchased before and it seemed to be work just fine. Then I noticed Blue DEF Platinum for $18.99/2.5 gal. Is it really 2x more expensive better? Thx for your thoughts.

Attachments

• 58825F7D-C248-4267-B741-9FA3BDBA6898.jpeg
    58825F7D-C248-4267-B741-9FA3BDBA6898.jpeg
    389.7 KB · Views: 27
I was at Menards today, and thought I’d plan ahead with the purchase of some DEF. They had Kleen Diesel for $7.99/2.5 gal. which I’ve purchased before and it seemed to be work just fine. Then I noticed Blue DEF Platinum for $18.99/2.5 gal. Is it really 2x more expensive better? Thx for your thoughts.
Must be special goat piss. As long as it's API certified it's all the same as far as I'm concerned and if you'd rather spend $18.99 instead of walmart's $6.98 that's up to you.

If you're going to spend that much on DEF fluid you might as well just buy it from your ford dealership imo.

i will not buy def from the box because it is $3 a gal at the pump and def only has a shelf life of 1 year .... and that includes when its in the truck .... unless your going on a trip i wouldn't buy the box ... and with it so much cheaper at the pump

I get mine at the local truck stop pump as well, ~$3/gal

i will not buy def from the box because it is $3 a gal at the pump and def only has a shelf life of 1 year .... and that includes when its in the truck .... unless your going on a trip i wouldn't buy the box ... and with it so much cheaper at the pump
I agree that I’d rather buy it at the pump, but there’s not many places near me to get it. The truck stops are ridiculous to get into here. So i buy the cheap stuff in a box at Tractor Supply 8 at a time...I drop 1 a week in the truck and have 2 Rams that use just as much! I’ve never had a box sit around or be in the truck long enough to worry about it...no where near a year

I agree that I’d rather buy it at the pump, but there’s not many places near me to get it. The truck stops are ridiculous to get into here. So i buy the cheap stuff in a box at Tractor Supply 8 at a time...I drop 1 a week in the truck and have 2 Rams that use just as much! I’ve never had a box sit around or be in the truck long enough to worry about it...no where near a year
yea the gas station for me that has it is 25 mins away but if i am going to the commissary i drive right by it ...so i just stop but my current def tanks has already lasted me 2k miles and its at 75% and and says it has 6500 miles to go

yea the gas station for me that has it is 25 mins away but if i am going to the commissary i drive right by it ...so i just stop but my current def tanks has already lasted me 2k miles and its at 75% and and says it has 6500 miles to go
I drive way too much! My Skoal usage is about the same, I buy 4 at a time and when they check the date code asking me if the expiration next month is ok i just laugh...it’ll be gone in a few days!

I drive way too much! My Skoal usage is about the same, I buy 4 at a time and when they check the date code asking me if the expiration next month is ok i just laugh...it’ll be gone in a few days!
hahahahaha

Home depot has Shell branded Def for a decent price.

Back