Deep Sleep Mode

Great news. Mine does it as well. Built in July. I get about 12 notifications each day…..
Same here ford pass just sent out an update. I just wish they can fix it fast so 1 i can use it and 2 for the updates to stop lol

Any one else’s truck going into deep sleep mode. FordPass tells me it’s in deep sleep mode almost every day I’m done driving it. Drive it almost daily. It’s not sitting for extended times. Truck problem or FordPass issue??
I took delivery of my 2022 F250 on Aug 18. I’ve received that message every day since. Dealer told me to drive it a while to charge it but the message persists. I had the batteries checked and they were both good. I also received messages on my Ford pass app telling me all of my remote features were not yet working. Maybe there’s a connection to the sleep mode issue 🤷‍♂️

No just good ole Ford over promising and under delivering. They know about the issue but they will fix it sooner or later.

I have given up on it completely until the update coming in October. My truck has been sitting since around 7p on Thursday. Got more than a handful of Deep Sleep notifications throughout that night, and then on Saturday I took one of our other cars to a wedding about 80mi away and got several notifications in the late evening during the reception.
IMO, the really crappy part about the Pass app is that you can turn off the Secure Alert (door open) notifications, arguably the more important ones, and not the Deep Sleep notifications. With all the connected tech in the damn thing, they really should be able to use your phone's location vs the truck's and limit the notifications it sends based on proximity, and then not tell you the unimportant details like Deep Sleep unless you are attempting to use a feature that is limited by it.

I took delivery last week and get the same with the constant deep sleep notifications / no remote start or unlock capabilities. It is really irritating my wife who has an explorer ST and we are the same Ford Pass App and she has to get bombed with 20 messages a day about my truck to use hers.

I don't understand why Ford takes to the time to send a message saying we will do some update in October. Why not do it immediately and push it out ASAP like every other industry when they find a flaw or security issue. Don't they have a team on staff to be more immediately responsive to this stuff, or are they just waiting for Bob the programmer to come back from his fishing trip in October.

I don't understand why Ford takes to the time to send a message saying we will do some update in October. Why not do it immediately and push it out ASAP like every other industry when they find a flaw or security issue. Don't they have a team on staff to be more immediately responsive to this stuff, or are they just waiting for Bob the programmer to come back from his fishing trip in October.
The simple answer is that IT development cycles don't happen like that. Dev teams are focused on multiple products and some issues are more important than others. There's likely also user demographics that play into it as well...SD owners probably make up a very small portion of the overall Pass app base, especially when you consider the issue is only occurring on trucks built after June or July or whatever. October is actually a relatively short turnaround on a tech fix for something that doesn't impact drivability or safety.

Fwiw, 9-5 I'm a product designer in geospatial agricultural IT w/a focus on user experience.

The simple answer is that IT development cycles don't happen like that. Dev teams are focused on multiple products and some issues are more important than others. There's likely also user demographics that play into it as well...SD owners probably make up a very small portion of the overall Pass app base, especially when you consider the issue is only occurring on trucks built after June or July or whatever. October is actually a relatively short turnaround on a tech fix for something that doesn't impact drivability or safety.

Fwiw, 9-5 I'm a product designer in geospatial agricultural IT w/a focus on user experience.
I understand what you are saying, I guess I was being kind of tongue and cheek.

I am an EE and own a business in Control Systems/Tech as well. In our world our rolling updates usually involve units pinging home and can get specific custom updates fixes based on MAC-Current Firmware-Serial etc. (Doesn't have to be unit wide) or in this case VIN or Control Module Addresses etc. I also understand how on a macro Level the logistics of that could be messy with the scope/quantity of the Auto industry.

Interestingly enough, it appears that trying to activate the remote start unsuccessfully via the App triggers the Ford pass Notification about upcoming update. Both me and another person I know received the Ford pass Message almost immediately after attempting, telling me there is some additional parsing on the backend, which means they have the capability to isolate people from getting 20 notifications a day.

Interestingly enough, it appears that trying to activate the remote start unsuccessfully via the App triggers the Ford pass Notification about upcoming update. Both me and another person I know received the Ford pass Message almost immediately after attempting, telling me there is some additional parsing on the backend, which means they have the capability to isolate people from getting 20 notifications a day.
I noticed that too, and was thinking something similar. My previous job was in PD/UX in the rental car industry and I have a fair bit of experience w vehicle based telematics. Only thing I can think of that might restrict them from looking at it on that level would be data privacy. They might have a vague picture of the impacted user group but other than that they're not able to isolate particular incidents, users, and/or devices.

Ford makes a ton of money off the F Series trucks.
You would think they would want to get this fixed ASAP.
It's staggering the amount of money generated.
Here's an article on them from 2020.
Check this out.

I got 13 of these notifications in about 3 days on my new week old 22 F350 Tremor....and my batteries where almost dead.
Built end of Aug.
Took overnight to charge them back up.
Something is definitely draining the batteries.
Had it 2 days all ok
Enable wifi....the above happened.
Disable wifi....was ok for 2 days.
Then it started again..
Had had another 22 F350 built in Oct 2021....I would get these notifications if it had been parked for 3-4 days....which was normal.
Batteries where always fine.
Definetly something up with the new software.
I will disable everything and log out of FordPass...until a fix is available.

I picked up my new f250 with the 7.3 yesterday. This morning I have 8 deep sleep modes notices on my phone. Like others have said seems every time I shut it off or open and close the door I get a notice. The app features are currently disabled on my phone to lock unlock or to start it. Guess I will wait for the October update.

I picked up my new f250 with the 7.3 yesterday. This morning I have 8 deep sleep modes notices on my phone. Like others have said seems every time I shut it off or open and close the door I get a notice. The app features are currently disabled on my phone to lock unlock or to start it. Guess I will wait for the October update.
Yea samething here. Wish they would fix it faster

My truck was built in April. I just started getting the Deep sleep mode message. 7.3 dual batteries/dual alternators.

I picked up my new F350 non Tremor Wednesday. Drove home 1450 miles in 27 hours. I get multiple notifications daily and even got notifications when I would stop for food etc. on the way home.

So is this update going to be over the air or will I have to take my truck to the dealer to get it done.

So is this update going to be over the air or will I have to take my truck to the dealer to get it done.
My app tells me that the ota software update connectivity (aka Ford Power-Up) isn't available either, so I assume it'll have to go in for it.

This answers some questions!

Attachments

• 8B62B99A-1F65-4F1D-9F88-2293536D368E.jpeg
    8B62B99A-1F65-4F1D-9F88-2293536D368E.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 132
This answers some questions!
Yup. That's the same one I got. I haven't even bothered to reach out to the dealer yet. Figured I'd do that in early November after the update is available since OTA updates are unavailable. Need to get some other rattles dealt with too.

My truck was in for service last week and I mentioned this to my dealer. They changed both batteries and told me they were defective. 15 min after I left the dealer I got the dreaded Ford Pass message! I bet this has cost Ford a few bucks. Hard to believe the dealers don't have a service bulletin about the "supposed fix" later this year.

Back