Deep scratch found after delivery.

That is unbelievable and freaking unacceptable. What about having it repaired properly and sending them the bill? It would save them on transport costs again!

Truck came back today 'repaired'. Unfortunately they did a half ass job and they messed up my fender flare lip that wasn't messed up previously. There's also a white speck now on the fender where there wasn't previously.

They didn't respray it correctly like I asked, as the original deep scratch is faintly still visible.

I recommend you stay away from this dealer. Wasted a week of my time when it was supposed to take 2 days.

I'm sorry, man, that seriously sucks! What the heck.

Well damn - I was spooked/nervous for you when you posted the picture of it loaded up on the trailer, thinking what are the odds whoever is hauling it will treat it like you(we) would.

Situation for sure sucks, I’ll join in the collective “we feel for you”.

The joy factor has disappeared completely with this truck.
I know this was a total kick in the balls, but it is still a bad ass truck, however, your dealer is a turd. How far are you from the dealer? If its not ridiculously far, go down there, park sideways in the service bay so you obstruct their business, and wait until you get the owner's attention. Smile the whole freaking time while they lose their shit. Just my 2 cents.

I know this was a total kick in the balls, but it is still a bad ass truck, however, your dealer is a turd. How far are you from the dealer? If its not ridiculously far, go down there, park sideways in the service bay so you obstruct their business, and wait until you get the owner's attention. Smile the whole freaking time while they lose their shit. Just my 2 cents.

Finally. A scenario where I can imagine this thing having some utility:

Dealer sales manager called me and wants me to go get an estimate at a local collision place and send it to him. We both agreed this should've been done the first time due to the logistics of picking up and trailering a truck.. :D

Finally. A scenario where I can imagine this thing having some utility:

@soop thanks for bringing this topic back into the forefront... I was yearning for another spectator opportunity.

Dealer sales manager called me and wants me to go get an estimate at a local collision place and send it to him. We both agreed this should've been done the first time due to the logistics of picking up and trailering a truck.. :D
Awesome to hear some progress in a good direction! And now you can find a shop that you trust more as well!

Finally, a sound decision. I hope this works out for you and you can forget it in the rear view mirror.

Hopefuly, this makes the JOY factor reappear.

I am not sure how I missed these developments @BroncoHooves . I am so sorry this happened to you, and I am hoping it exceeds your expectations in the end. You bought a new truck - it should look/feel/act new. They need to make it right, and thankfully it's sounding like they are beginning to catch on to that concept.

Good luck!

Update: Got an estimate today from local body shop across street, scanned PDF and sent it to the selling dealer, and they immediately payed the estimate, all in less than an hour.

If anyone is curious, about a $930 repair for fender and lip moulding.

Update: Got an estimate today from local body shop across street, scanned PDF and sent it to the selling dealer, and they immediately payed the estimate, all in less than an hour.

If anyone is curious, about a $930 repair for fender and lip moulding.
Congrats! I hope it turns out like new for you. Sorry this has been such a pain in the butt cheeks.

Back